• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 3 Interview – Brian Fargo: We Want to Work on This Franchise for the Next Decade.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Wasteland 3 wasn’t demoed during last month’s Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, but we did get to sit down with inXile Entertainment founder Brian Fargo and Tim Campbell, Game Director on Wasteland 3.

Brace for a long read, but one that’s brimming with details on Wasteland 3 and insight from their fresh experience as part of the Xbox Game Studios family.

The game was recently delayed to Spring 2020, where it will launch on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It’s going to be included on day one with the Xbox Game Pass subscription, too.

Go to the link for the interview.

guh we desperately need some new innovations in the dialogue space, click to skip / wait for responses ain't doing it anymore
Or just more interesting interactions that aren't cookie cutter nonsense.

You wouldnt skip a john snow speech or a walter white dressing down, would you?

xrnzaaas

The art style in this game is such a miss, I love Fallout 1 & 2, but I'm not really interested in playing this. I wish we'd get something like Atom RPG, but with a much bigger budget and polish.

Teslerum

guh we desperately need some new innovations in the dialogue space, click to skip / wait for responses ain't doing it anymore

And what do you want exactly? And how would you do that?

I mean a dialouge, by definition is a dialouge. You can do some window dressing, but as far as I can think and see you either you end up at:

A: A dumbed down version of of dialouge sytem which takes options away from you
(Which is the case more often than not)
B: A feature which works, but is entirly situational dependant on what the game wants to be.

Even B usually gets a lot of hate as well. Lets say for example Alpha Protocol that gave you limited time for your response. That worked, because it was a spy thriller where conversations themselves were mini-battles and the conversation system was based and focused on three archetypes. So choices could be accessed fast enough.
That would be out of place for Wasteland 3 and would fall in category A more than anything.

bati

Elaborate convo scenes in an otherwise isometric RPG is the last thing the game needed.

Tesseract

Banned
And what do you want exactly? And how would you do that?

I mean a dialouge, by definition is a dialouge. You can do some window dressing, but as far as I can think and see you either you end up at:

A: A dumbed down version of of dialouge sytem which takes options away from you
(Which is the case more often than not)
B: A feature which works, but is entirly situational dependant on what the game wants to be.

Even B usually gets a lot of hate as well. Lets say for example Alpha Protocol that gave you limited time for your response. That worked, because it was a spy thriller where conversations themselves were mini-battles and the conversation system was based and focused on three archetypes. So choices could be accessed fast enough.
That would be out of place for Wasteland 3 and would fall in category A more than anything.

i don't know but if we cannot get past being stuck in space while we stare ahead at a dude who mouths off center frame, i'm done with these games

nikolino840

MS wasted money by getting Inexile and compulsion games. Both 3rd class studios
Not really,they have lots of ideas and good writers for rpg,even ironic or Crazy like bard's tale and we Happy few,What they miss are the Money,they think out of the schemes,but games only suitable for adults,you don't have only to Press a Button.... Wich games we want we gamers?
I'm playing bard's tale 4 and Is Better then tomb Raider's reboot for example

Reactions: Isa
I liked Wasteland 2 quite a bit, but I have mixed thoughts on 3, the snowy setting doesn't scream "post nuke wasteland" to me like the desert does, obviously I know they want to shake things up, but I feel there's still potential in the desert setting, you never got to go back to Las Vegas in 2 for example.

But no biggie, still looking forward to 3.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Very much looking forward to Wasteland 3 next year. Not sure if they should be working on it for the next decade. Microsoft needs a few new IP's to hit and become franchises in my opinion.

Not really,they have lots of ideas and good writers for rpg,even ironic or Crazy like bard's tale and we Happy few,What they miss are the Money,they think out of the schemes,but games only suitable for adults,you don't have only to Press a Button.... Wich games we want we gamers?
I'm playing bard's tale 4 and Is Better then tomb Raider's reboot for example
Don't want crappy top down AA games and no it's not better than TR coz both are totally different type of games. Only a stupid person will compare games of different genre. It's like saying Forza better than Halo lol

Top Bottom