• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wat? New Nintendo Power out already. Indy is the cover game.

nintendo_power_march_wm.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5142494/indiana-jones-and-the-staff-of-kings-revealed-in-new-nintendo-power

Wasn't the last one out like earlier this month?

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Hero of Legend said:
Wasn't the last one out like earlier this month?

Yes, the Feb. issue just shipped, I believe. I don't think this Nintendo Power cover was supposed to be so... public. ;)

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Called it =P.

I hope we get he information quickly...

EDIT: Didn't see a new Bloom Box game was coming. Seems the first one did well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Definitely eager to see what info they have on The Conduit’s multiplayer, since we don’t know anything about it.

Indy game for the Wii (assuming exclusive or as the lead platform since it's on the cover)

New Boom Blox too!

Damn with this, Turtles Brawler, and EA Tennis it seems that Western publishers are actually starting to step it up.

RedBoot

I suppose the blurb about Devil Survivor would have spoiled its US release, if Amazon.ca hadn't already done that earlier this week.

pakkit

Banned
Awful cover, luckily I don't give a shit and eagerly anticipate all of the news from this issue.

I played the last Indy game on PC. It sucked, but I still played it. Hopefully this one will reward me for playing it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
AndoCalrissian said:
Why does it say "Mario & Luigi RPG 3"? Isn't that already widely understood, since it's you know the third one?
Because the series is called Mario & Luigi RPG in japan, and the game doesn't have an official English name yet.

botticus

RedBoot said:
I suppose the blurb about Devil Survivor would have spoiled its US release, if Amazon.ca hadn't already done that earlier this week.
Generally speaking the fact that it's in NP doesn't mean it's coming to the US.

First details from the new issue are out :

- Excitebots: Trick Racing is divulged upon as a new Excite! game where you play as what are esentially Beast Wars characters, but using smaller animals than found in that. Grasshoppers, frogs, etc. It looks to be pretty awesome.

- A Boy and His Blob is getting a remake on Wii a la Klonoa, but to much greater extent. All the visuals are 2D, almost like a simpler, more cartoony Muramasa. The game is, needless to say, very pretty. It's being developed by WayForward, who just put out LIT on WiiWare.

- jakob, are you there? Dead Space: Extraction is touched upon briefly, basically talking about how awesome they are for thinking up Dead Space and all its mythos, and how there will be many Dead Space games. The one thing of interest I read was in concerns to the strategic dismemberment. Apparently, while using the rivet gun, you need to hold the Wiimote to make the rivet blade that is fired perpendicular to the limb you are looking to dismember. That's actually really cool, and could add some depth. Congratulations, EA . . . you won me over.

- Grand Slam Tennis! has a big article, but I don't want to read it.

- MadWorld got a 9.

That's pretty much the extent of the Wii. Discuss.

*Just looked in the back, and there's a teaser for an upcoming Wii game to be discussed in the next issue. Direct quote: "Don't be left out in the cold. WeA chilling tale is coming exclusively to Wii, and Nintendo Power will bring you the scoop."

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/gen...f-nintendo-power-this-month/232859/?page=last

There are a few scans of Boy and his Blob out there by the way, as well as this blurry preview pic from NP official page :

thumb_NP240_TKTK.jpg

- A Boy and His Blob is getting a remake on Wii a la Klonoa, but to much greater extent. All the visuals are 2D, almost like a simpler, more cartoony Muramasa. The game is, needless to say, very pretty. It's being developed by WayForward, who just put out LIT on WiiWare.

This is actually happening, after two cancelled attempts at reviving the series on GBA and DS? I'll believe it when I see it...

bdouble

Apparently, while using the rivet gun, you need to hold the Wiimote to make the rivet blade that is fired perpendicular to the limb you are looking to dismember.
Who didn't see that coming?

Some scans of Excitebots, Grand Slam (looks great), Pokemon, Rhythm Heaven and blurry Boy and His Blob at Nintendopower.com.
Also didn't someone just post a few days ago that they work at Wayforward and are so distracted by the new game they don't get any work done?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
*Just looked in the back, and there's a teaser for an upcoming Wii game to be discussed in the next issue. Direct quote: "Don't be left out in the cold. WeA chilling tale is coming exclusively to Wii, and Nintendo Power will bring you the scoop."

WeA? OMG MOTHER 3.

No, seriously, what is WeA?

Nintendo Norway is having a super short press conference here on thursday where The Conduit will be demoed. I'm hoping we'll get to play it later that day.

GI_Josh87

Neo Member
It looks like a creepy, humanoid robot Indy. Which would have made a better plotline than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull had.....just sayin'.

Dascu

FoxHimself said:
Nintendo Norway is having a super short press conference here on thursday where The Conduit will be demoed. I'm hoping we'll get to play it later that day.
Cool, first in Japan the other day, now in Europe.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just looked in the back, and there's a teaser for an upcoming Wii game to be discussed in the next issue. Direct quote: "Don't be left out in the cold. WeA chilling tale is coming exclusively to Wii, and Nintendo Power will bring you the scoop.

The teaser has got to be for that Cursed Mountain game with the monks and the spooky and the cold and stuff.

GDGF said:
The teaser has got to be for that Cursed Mountain game with the monks and the spooky and the cold and stuff.

That would make the most sense, yeah.

Taxman said:
It's real.

Well, I guess it helps that Majesco had the sense this time to hand the IP to a competent developer, rather than a shovelware studio like Pipe Dream or Skyworks.

There's full-quality artwork of ABaHB from the issue flying around. I'm not sure if it's alright to post, as it doesn't seem to be on the website. But it's direct-feed...

Here's the box of the old DS version for future reference:

NewsSuggest_HH5WBY4L.jpg

Salazar

plank said:
So no one cared Madworld got a 9/10? Fop in sales confirmed.

Or people expected it to hit somewhere around 8 or 9, and couldn't be bothered posting something to the effect of 'yeah, good score, I thought so', or 'right on'.

I want to play it. Not badly enough to re-buy a Wii, but this and Deadly Creatures catch my eye.

plank said:
So no one cared Madworld got a 9/10? Fop in sales confirmed.
I care. Hope we get a summary of the text review too.

GDGF said:
Could be. I was personally leaning more towards a yet unannounced game, but I guess that we have so few details on this game, that more substancial infos on it could probably qualify as a scoop. In any case, for those wondering, it's apparently not that "Winter" game (from Go Nintendo) :
UPDATE - I’ve gotten in touch with the Nintendo Power gang, and they’ve confirmed to me that this teaser does not concern Winter in any way.

Top Bottom