• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Full Copies Out in The Wild and on youtube

Cartho

Played for about an hour and a half this evening on pro. Performance is excellent and the IQ is very good. Not sure if the pro patch is on disc but if it isn't active yet then it already looks excellent.

The tutorial mission is actually surprisingly tricky, with a very limited toolset available and lots of enemies. Blume seriously means business - the security guards in that tutorial high rise building were throwing hand grenades to flush me out of cover. It's not an amazing tutorial to be honest. Feels like it doesn't really give you any fun tools and it certainly MY doesn't hold your hand - I'm not bad at games like this and I died several times - you die very fast in a gun fight and your stun gun (the only weapon you have) doesn't knock enemies out permanently: they get up after a while and will start hunting you.

Got into San Fran proper now, bought some kickass threads and am ready to start getting into the main game. Will post more tomorrow but good first impressions. Feels like it has a lot more character than the decidedly bland first game. Lots of amusing references and funny little nerdy in jokes without straying too much into GTA V style on stop pop culture references. Riding a motorbike feels good, much easier than GTA V in that you don't fall off at the drop of a hat.

Played for about an hour and a half this evening on pro. Performance is excellent and the IQ is very good. Not sure if the pro patch is on disc but if it isn't active yet then it already looks excellent.

The tutorial mission is actually surprisingly tricky, with a very limited toolset available and lots of enemies. Blume seriously means business - the security guards in that tutorial high rise building were throwing hand grenades to flush me out of cover. It's not an amazing tutorial to be honest. Feels like it doesn't really give you any fun tools and it certainly MY doesn't hold your hand - I'm not bad at games like this and I died several times - you die very fast in a gun fight and your stun gun (the only weapon you have) doesn't knock enemies out permanently: they get up after a while and will start hunting you.

Got into San Fran proper now, bought some kickass threads and am ready to start getting into the main game. Will post more tomorrow but good first impressions. Feels like it has a lot more character than the decidedly bland first game. Lots of amusing references and funny little nerdy in jokes without straying too much into GTA V style on stop pop culture references. Riding a motorbike feels good, much easier than GTA V in that you don't fall off at the drop of a hat.

Call me crazy but I enjoyed the gang hideout stuff. Is there more stuff like that?

sjay1994

Seeing huge FPS drops on a normal PS4.

Looks like this is shelved until the day one patch is out.

Damn, that sounds bad. I struggle to understand how this game has framerate issues, since the world doesn't seem overly populated like in AC:U. Maybe the game is unoptimized for the older model of current consoles?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Damn, that sounds bad. I struggle to understand how this game has framerate issues, since the world doesn't seem overly populated like in AC:U. Maybe the game is unoptimized for the older model of current consoles?

I'm pretty sure it's a known bug and Ubi will have it sorted with the release day patch.

The framerate was dipping into the low 10s, there is no way it's not a bug.

Venom Fox

Banned
Just been hit with probably the worst frame rate bug I've encountered this Gen.

Basically an achievement popped up and the Framerate took a shit, seemed like it was around 15fps. Played for around 20 minutes and it never fixed itself and gave myself a headache. This was a consistent 15fps BTW. Oh and I'm on PS4 Pro.

Another member said he encountered the same bug when he was invaded.

Drewfonse

Can someone comment on whether it's feasible to go from story mission to story mission if you want, or are there any Mafia 3 shenanigans afoot?

Wallet am motherfucking cry this month, wow.

Mafro

Can someone comment on whether it's feasible to go from story mission to story mission if you want, or are there any Mafia 3 shenanigans afoot?

Wallet am motherfucking cry this month, wow.
From what I can tell so far you can just stick to the story missions and do nothing else.

It's weird playing an open-world Ubisoft game that doesn't have areas locked off or hidden behind viewpoints/radio towers/whatever. Glad they've finally dropped that.

Drewfonse

From what I can tell so far you can just stick to the story missions and do nothing else.

It's weird playing an open-world Ubisoft game that doesn't have areas locked off or hidden behind viewpoints/radio towers/whatever. Glad they've finally dropped that.

Oh dear lord, yes....

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Consequently, you can also get to the ending by ignoring story stuff completely and sticking to side activities. Player agency!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Thank God

hydruxo

Okay no matter how this game turns out, the soundtrack is some really amazing stuff. Been listening to it on Spotify and Hudson Mohawke killed it.

ZeroX03

Banned

Booooo that's my favorite mindless fun.

vypek

Consequently, you can also get to the ending by ignoring story stuff completely and sticking to side activities. Player agency!

Heard about the "towers" being dropped from this game but had no idea that only side activities also get you to the ending. That is pretty interesting.

Mafro

Okay no matter how this game turns out, the soundtrack is some really amazing stuff. Been listening to it on Spotify and Hudson Mohawke killed it.
The main menu theme is awesome. Thought it sounded like Waves by Kanye West and turns out Hudson Mohawke was a producer on that song.

Side quests. crazy awesome mini games like spider tank? How are they?
Haven't tried any yet but I've seen that there's drone races.

jesu

The first Watch_Dogs didn't have any areas locked off either.
Just your hacking skill couldn't be used everywhere.

SomTervo

Just witnessed a guy hijacking a car (pulling the driver out), then turn and crash into another car of which the driver stepped out to argue with the guy who even apologised to her. Then the original driver of the stolen car takes it back by entering it behind the guy's back, he sees it and starts to argue with her, so she steps out and punches the guy into his face. Then a bystander called the cops who came by and picked up the woman who's car got stolen in the first place.

Pretty cool. :)

Man this is exciting. It sounds closer to what I've wanted from GTA for years.

This PC wait is pretty painful.

ToiJu

watch_dogs2_201611121siuia.png

If you are encountering fps drops, try to play the game without an internet access. It's possible that the online portion is causing problems even with seamless online disabled.

I just met the most charming man.

rdytoroll

Just watching Angry Joe's stream on the PS4 and the game dropped down to 15fps twice for no reason at all. Framerate only goes up to normal after restarting the game/system

SomTervo

watch_dogs2_201611121siuia.png

If you are encountering fps drops, try to play the game without an internet access. It's possible that the online portion is causing problems even with seamless online disabled.

I just met the most charming man.

Yeah I remember this worked with AC Unity too. Disconnecting took the FPS from like 18-25 to 23-30.

Also lol at that guy. Amazingly well done on the AI. The fact his loop actually ends and he leaves naturally is amazing too.

What's the actual combat/stealth AI like?

rdytoroll

The city looks dead from all the streams I've watched. You'd think this takes place in the rural USA and not San Francisco, there's a big lack of people out on the streets. Looks like a beautiful, but ultimately lifeless world

SomTervo

The city looks dead from all the streams I've watched. You'd think this takes place in the rural USA and not San Francisco, there's a big lack of people out on the streets. Looks like a beautiful, but ultimately lifeless world

A real pity. Hopefully the pc version is more populated.

Drewfonse

It'll be a shame if the game takes review knocks because of the pre release shape it's in. The reviews are due pre patch, right?

Denzel

• Music is really good
  • Humor kinda like Saint's Row -- even the Missions
  • Marcus' black identity is on point
  • First Person driving is in
  • Day/Night cycle is quite long if you don't do Missions .... 5 seconds (real life) = 1 minute (in-game) .... That makes an in-game day = 2 hours
  • Only way to pause the game is to bring up the Map

Xbox (latest closed test):
  • FPS Issues usually when driving (can be 20 fps)
  • Screen tearing issues, especially when driving
  • IQ is quite good, but no AA and some fuzziness

Top Bottom