• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Full Copies Out in The Wild and on youtube

Drewfonse

So just to confirm, you can just go from story mission to story mission if you want? Has anyone run into arbitrary stuff that forces you to do side missions in order to unlock further story missions? Thanks.

Luq

Played like 3 hours last night and fps only really dropped during a online event.

Playing on a normal PS4.

Also had no crashes yet. Might be a PSPRO thing?

Im playing this on normal PS4 had 0 crashes so far and I've spent sth about 10-12 hours in it. Framerate drops as hell while online is enabled - turning it off helps a lot. It still happens while going at high speeds though.

My biggest problem with this game so far is... cringe. Geez, this scenario, characters and dialogues are so embarassing. It's possibly the worst and most out-of-touch hacker fantasy I've ever encountered.

Graphics are ok, gameplay is good too... Driving sucks, simplified hacking and playing with tech-toys is quite fun. I'm leaning towards giving it sth around 6,5/10 which means "decent". Nothing special, would be much much better without this tacky characters but maybe I'm too old and don't get it.

Overall - it's better than WD1, much worse than GTAV. If you have to chose between this and Mafia III - I would recommend going with WD2 if they fix online issues.

25318974829_96942862f5_o.png

What's wrong with the shadows in this one? They look super dithered.

Tamanon

Banned
Looking forward to picking this up. Are there side missions like the gang hideouts in WD1? That was some of my favorite stuff.

Dommel

Played like 3 hours last night and fps only really dropped during a online event.

Playing on a normal PS4.

Also had no crashes yet. Might be a PSPRO thing?

Played for around 6 hours now on a Pro, no crashes yet. Did have the framerate dip horribly when someone connected to my game and it didn't recover.

Kinda warming up to it, wasn't that impressed yesterday but getting a little bit into the different missions today made me appreciate the game again.

Story is still ridiculous though!

That I highly doubt patch magically increasing IQ of the W_D2. for consoles that aren't PS4Pro. Even for PS4Pro shot that looks blurry and overexposed, most likely intentional by devs.

I don't know but i think Watchdogs 1 on the PS4 looks better than that screen. Wow it's noisy and jaggy.

Consumer

So uh... How's the parkour / climbing mechanics compared to WD1?

It was very, very limited in WD1, and I didn't like how Aiden did a safety roll upon landing from stupidly low heights. Vaulting a 4-foot-tall chain link fence and then "rolling to negate fall damage" makes the game seem like a parody of itself.

Based on the WD2 trailers it looks stylish, but seems like it'll be just as limited as WD1 + Sleeping Dogs.

Unknown?

WD2 will have HDR on the day 1 patch, correct? I seem to remember Sony showing off HDR at their conference on it.

https://youtu.be/U4DbDgqr1XE
Found an Xbox One video.

Looks pretty... unimpressive. Barren open-world, exact same combat mechanics from WD1 except for the addition of melee and the same wonky physics.
I'm still in for Day 1 on XB1 but this definitley brought the hype levels down.

Cartho

As much as I'm really enjoying it, and it does feel like a really good step up from WD 1, I still find it very annoying that NO ONE has "out GTAed GTA" by this point. I mean with all the power they have at their disposal, to have a city which feels more empty and barren than GTA V does, when that was designed for a PS3 which had 256 MB of RAM FFS, is a pretty sad indictment.

vpance

As much as I'm really enjoying it, and it does feel like a really good step up from WD 1, I still find it very annoying that NO ONE has "out GTAed GTA" by this point. I mean with all the power they have at their disposal, to have a city which feels more empty and barren than GTA V does, when that was designed for a PS3 which had 256 MB of RAM FFS, is a pretty sad indictment.

Not everyone can afford to have the budget of a GTAV, the most expensive game ever made.

I enjoyed WD1 missions more overall than the never ending go here kill that stuff in GTAV. The world was unparalleled in detail, of course.

N° 2048

Not everyone can afford to have the budget of a GTAV, the most expensive game ever made.

I enjoyed WD1 missions more overall than the never ending go here kill that stuff in GTAV. The world was unparalleled in detail, of course.

$265 million for GTA V. Hot. Damn.

Watch Dogs 1 was $68+ million according to Wiki (adjusted for 2016 inflation)

I wonder what WD2 cost is.

Cartho

$265 million for GTA V. Hot. Damn.

Watch Dogs 1 was $68+ million according to Wiki (adjusted for 2016 inflation)

I wonder what WD2 cost is.

That is true, that's a serious budget. If the WIKI is to be believed though, only (lol) $137 million of that was on development. The rest was marketing. SWTOR had a bigger development budget, as did Destiny.

Still, the point stands I suppose, Watch Dogs 2 isn't going to be near $137 million.

Lucifon

I didn't realize the space video was a real game, or new. I thought it was a little joke, doesn't really show anything at all. I did that last night whilst streaming the live on YouTube.

Also those saying this might not have Pro support - it definitely does. The image is pretty clean on a 4k display. Game looks great. It's not native 4k but there's no chance this is the same as the normal ps4 version.

Cartho

Ok so when I said most of the acks you can do are non lethal. I've found a HILARIOUS exception. Get the upgrade which lets you control cars - simply hold L1 when pointed at a car then it's X to power backwards, triangle to power forwards and circle / square to veer wildly left and right. It's funny on moving cars as a way of making them get out of your way / causing hideous car accidents, however it really shines in outdoor missions where you have to get into heavily protected areas. I mean why stun guards by hacking an electric junction box when you can wait patiently for them to walk infront of / behind a car, then remotely fire the thing up and watch it ride over them and turn them into jam?

This game is growing on me more and more - just did a mission which was outdoors with lots of guards where I had to steal a truck from a compound. I did the entire thing sat outdoors with my only weapon being my laptop. Then once everyone was dead I walked casually into the compound which was now strewn with corpses and the blazing wrecks of cars. Drove my target truck out whilst whistling a jaunty tune.

Osahi

So just to confirm, you can just go from story mission to story mission if you want? Has anyone run into arbitrary stuff that forces you to do side missions in order to unlock further story missions? Thanks.

I think you can. I was never held up at any time. But then again, I did a lot of side missions and stuff too.

But it isn't like mafia 3. Nor is there a clutter of useless extra content like in assassins creed

Top Bottom