• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2, Ghost Recon, South Park, For Honor, & new IP service game by March 2017

chadskin

Watch_Dogs sequel confirmed in their financials press release:

Initial targets for 2016-17

In 2016-17 the Company expects to achieve sales of around €1,700 million, non-IFRS operating income of approximately €230 million and strong free cash flow generation. Ubisoft will launch a very high-quality line-up, including For Honor ® , South ParkTM the Fractured but WholeTM, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon ® WildLands, the next instalment of Watchdogs ® , and a new high-potential AAA brand with strong digital live services. Growth also will be driven by further increases in revenues for the digital segment and the back catalog.

Watch Downgrade
736120395.png

Akai__

South Park: Fractured But Whole and Watch Dogs 2 is all I need. Hope at least one is this year, but take your time to make them awesome, please.

Struct09

Sounds like a decent lineup. Really looking forward to South Park and am cautiously optimistic for both Watch Dogs 2 and For Honor.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I can't see South Park being before the end of the year, I'd say it will release in March like the last one.

Chase17

Looking forward to all of these, especially South Park. I still have to go back to play the first Watch Dogs though.

tioslash

So WD2 will probably be the closing act on Ubisoft´s E3 press conference this year and we´ll see more WildLands gameplay. Interested to see how those games turn out.

I'm definitely down for another Watch Doges and Ghost Recon Wildlands looked really good to me. I hope at least one of the two is out this holiday.

RowdyReverb

I'm actually interested to see them build on Watch_Dogs. First game was decent, but flawed by an unlikeable main character and a hackneyed story.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Huh, I wonder what the new thing could be? Would they do another MMO like game?

Ubisoft's digital revenue (which has a very high profit margin) is notably low compared to the other flagship publishers (EA, Activision, and Take-Two).

As such, they're investing a lot in service games to improve that dramatically. They view Rainbow Six, The Division, Ghost Recon, and For Honor as all being part of this push.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm definitely down for another Watch Doges and Ghost Recon Wildlands looked really good to me. I hope at least one of the two is out this holiday.

Watch Dogs 2 was rumored by Kotaku to be the game they're releasing this Fall in place of Assassin's Creed, so it's the most likely to hit this calendar year.

Jospina

Banned
I'm excited for Watch Dogs 2.

The media response towards Watch Dogs kind of tainted my enjoyment of it, because it kept being compared to GTA5, which I had never played because it came out late on PC. I still enjoyed it regardless, but when i finally got GTA5 on PC I had the sudden realization that Watch Dogs was actually just as good a game, if not smaller in scale. They are both 8/10 games, one was massively over-hyped and the other one was completely shit on by the media for questionable reasons.

LuuKyK

I didnt personally play WatchDogs so I wouldnt know, but does its plot allow for very different settings like Assassins Creed? As someone interested in the sequel more than the original due to time of release etc, I am afraid it will start to look stagnant and samey otherwise.

Chase17

I didnt personally play WatchDogs so I wouldnt know, but does its plot allow for very different settings like Assassins Creed? As someone interested in the sequel more than the original due to time of release etc, I am afraid it will start to look stagnant and samey otherwise.

I believe it's rumored to take place in San Fransico, which should be fairly different than Chicago in the first game.

MauroNL

So I'm guessing something like:

September - For Honor
October - Watch Dogs 2
November - Ghost Recon Wildlands
February - South Park Fractured but Whole

Maybe switch For Honor and South Park depending on how far they are.

I'm actually interested in all these titles + The Division. If Ubi delivers quality they could end up with a lot of my money over the next year

PSOreo

I guess this is Ubisoft's chance to prove Watch Dogs can be decent, Assassins Creed's best was the second so hopefully this sequel will deliver the excitement we all got from the E3 reveal. I hope For Honour will have some depth to it as I like the concept and the three type of warrior but it'll need to avoid repetition. Most hyped for South Park though but can't say the same for Ghost Recon, never been a fan.

Top Bottom