• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Leaks on Twitch

*ubisoft exec watches Mr robot*

*bursts through doors*

"guys I know what we're making watch dogs 2 about!"

"what?"

"I can't remember I was coked up as fuck but it involved young people and hacking with masks or some shit"

DeSolos

I hate CG trailers, but at least this one seems to have a soul. It's a marketing research "designed to be hip" soul, but it's more interesting than the first game's soulless vibe.

Well, that was really fucking annoying.
Looks like it's trying to aim for a very specific audience. Which does not include me.

Also, this is clearly an ad that they'll show before YouTube videos and shit like that. It's not a trailer. Can't judge the game entirely on this ad, as shitty as it might be.

Strider311

Iconic bad trailer. Not only was the trailer garbage, I do not like the style and direction of the game whatsoever. I can already tell you I won't be getting this one.

red731

My initial reaction is that I am really a horse under the mask.
tumblr_mw66m4cZys1qbrtsbo1_400.gif

Kas

Eugh.

I liked the first one despite Aiden and thr driving, but this doesn't really make me want the game.

RE_Player

I feel bad for Sony or Microsoft if either has a marketing deal for the game. So much better things they could spend time or money on.

Illucio

Banned
Ignoring the low quality video, the trailer is shit. I hate the image their going for and the target audience their trying to reach with this trailer.

This is like DMC: Devil May Cry sort of cringe.

They should had taken note of Infamous Second Son marketing material instead if they wanted to go with this vibe.

Lakitu

st5fu
Woman/horse head dancing was more annoying than it needed to be. Coupled with the awful song choice. I can see the vibe they're going for but nah... not for me.

KissVibes

Banned
ITT: Buncha white olds complain about this being edgy and douchey because it takes from youth culture, especially urban youth culture.

Zukkoyaki

Quite a dog-pile for an internet ad that's designed to show nothing more than the setting/premise of the game. Goodness.

Mik2121

Assuming this is an AD and not the introduction trailer, I don't see the problem with this.
Is it trying to be edgy? Maybe, sure, but I don't understand why people are so negative about it.

(I'm not a fan of edgy and hip stuff in general, but if the game is fun, sure, I will play it)

kevin1025

Banned
Worth bearing in mind that won't be the full trailer. It's a Twitch ad. There'll be a longer trailer this evening, I'm sure.

I wouldn't be so sure. It might be five seconds longer and say "see the gameplay world premiere at E3!"

I hope you're right, though.

I don't get why CG trailers are still a thing. I really don't.

Or if this is in-engine, why no footage can be shown.

Because gameplay is boring to look at. If you have thirty seconds to sell someone on a game, it's smart to do a theme/experience trailer based on CG or pre rendered stuff. Sell a potential experience or feeling you will have during the game, not the core gameplay loop.

Thirty seconds it not much, and you have to grab people's interest. It's difficult to do that with gameplay.

Really don't care about the games. But I do want to say that they must not have given a shit at all to have 2 leaks before officially unveiling the trailer.

It's kind of embarrassing to be honest. If you wanted to try to "CREATE DEH HYPE!!!1" like I know Ubisoft likes to try to do, they let the ball fumble.

Assuming this is an AD and not the introduction trailer, I don't see the problem with this.
Is it trying to be edgy? Maybe, sure, but I don't understand why people are so negative about it.

(I'm not a fan of edgy and hip stuff in general, but if the game is fun, sure, I will play it)
Cause it's a dumb trailer/ad whatever. That wouldn't make me buy the game.

This can't be the whole trailer. Maybe a TV spot but not a trailer. Just going off the atmosphere, since that's all we have with this, it looks marginally better than WD.

Because gameplay is boring to look at. If you have thirty seconds to sell someone on a game, it's smart to do a theme/experience trailer based on CG or pre rendered stuff. Sell a potential experience or feeling you will have during the game, not the core gameplay loop.

Thirty seconds it not much, and you have to grab people's interest. It's difficult to do that with gameplay.

Most of Nintendo's games are advertised with the actual game engine showing gameplay. So... I dunno.

Top Bottom