• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs - Aisha Tyler Trailer (director promises the graphics aren't this bad)

zakislam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZahmJIhE90

1375210257-watch-dogs-aisha-tyler-back-alley-assault.jpg

Articles on the trailer's graphics:

Edit:

Not next-gen version:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73925948&postcount=502

Edit 2 - from Gamersyde:

This trailer is so strange. I've got HQ 60 fps version (can't release it yet though), and the quality is all over the place. You've got some 60 fps scenes, some 30 fps with frame drops, some 30 fps with blended frames, and even some 60 fps with blending, like it was a bad deinterlace.

I don't understand how that's even possible, someone really fucked up somewhere.

wdblended.png

Edit 3:

Jonathan Morin, creative director of Watch Dogs:

User: what version was that?

Morin: Its simply someone who don't know the tech who check the wrong stuff... So no versions here...

User: Why show it, then? iOS version?

Morin: You know sometimes 100s of people working together causes communications issues lets just say that ;)...

User: The graphic whores are all out today because of the Aisha npc trailer. For the whiners, What was that trailer running on?

Morin: No worry to have on graphics at all ;) believe me :)

User: Agreed. It looked like absolute shit.

Morin: Love your passion guys but I see the game every day and I can tell you, this trailer is far from it...

User: So it was a botched trailer? I thought it was hilarious lol. Just the visuals were shocking compared to E3

Morin: It was indeed hilarious in its own way I guess... ;)

User: you may not make this decision. But please don't release a Wii U version that can't outperform last gen. Like let's not do that

Morin: Agreed, I played the Wii U version last week... Should be fine :)

Via Pray for Death

ibx7x63X6Vgqd1.gif

This isn't some self-indulgent shit or anything.

I don't think the game has ever looked very good. Sure it looked better graphically when it was first shown, but these "AAA" Ubisoft open world things usually end up as buggy messes with repetitive gameplay. This looks no different.

Here is the entire SDCC panel with Lead Story Designer Kevin Shortt, and Aisha Tyler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0-XPMg5jiuE

The npc's models in this game look incredible. The lamp posts and electronic billboards all over give it a great sense of immersion for me. Looks great and so next gen.

Tidbits from the SDCC Panel.

Can hack police.

Aiden Hacked the garbage truck to run over Aisha.

No one call is duplicated in the game world. Tons and tons of phone calls, mostly lasting 30 seconds.

One focus tester took 7 minutes to steal money from an npc as he felt bad stealing from people that were not the "bad" guy.

5 years to be completed.

Playing as the "positive guy" if Aiden steals a car people will just let it go and not call the police.

Negative play running over people and such, npc's will call the police much quicker if you do something illegal

Enco

This isn't some self-indulgent shit or anything.

I don't think the game has ever looked very good. Sure it looked better graphically when it was first shown, but these "AAA" Ubisoft open world things usually end up as buggy messes with repetitive gameplay. This looks no different.
First showing looked beautiful.

Looks like the final game will look like shit with plenty of staged moments and little freedom. That's my guess.

sunnz

Wow, that defiantly looks worse graphically lol.

Eitherway, I know what the number 1 thing to do in WD will be.

It will involve Aisha Tyler and an m107.

First showing looked beautiful.

Looks like the final game will look like shit with plenty of staged moments and little freedom. That's my guess.

It did, it was very impressive. Now it just looks like Assassin's Creed in many ways, which aren't all good.

Hystzen

Good old Ubisoft strikes again

Amazing looking trailers and bullshot images

closer get to release worse the game looks they better cut this shit out next gen

Top Bottom