• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs and AC share the same universe? [AC4 director drops tease]

Wow, well, AC4's game director Ashraf Ismail was being interviewed by elder-geek.com and got asked about Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed sharing the same universe. Immediately a huge smile went across his face. I'll just write out his words for those who can't watch a video at work:

“Very good question...uhh...I don’t want to ruin the surprise for people. I don’t want to give anything away. I will say, for the people who love both games, for the people who will play both games; there are some easter eggs that will be a bit hard to find, but when you find them, it will blow your mind.”

Watch his response:

http://youtu.be/GVCf623eNNc?t=4m2s

Also for the PC dudes....game's coming out a few weeks later :p

Ghazi

Watch_Dogs turns out to be the code name for AC5, which they've been keeping a secret the whole time. Mind blown.

Dmax3901

I'm guessing one of the pedestrians you come across will have something like this to ID them:

Name: John Doe

Raven77

Pirates in CHICAGO!?!?!?!

TomsMindBlown.gif

Nemesis_

I always thought it would be interesting if WATCH_DOGS ended up becoming the next Assassin's Creed. But then they just revealed Black Flag and that theory went out the window.

I don't know how I would feel about them linking the two worlds. It doesn't seem like something major (ie. not a huge post-credits reveal or something) given his wording ("easter eggs" but we'll see, I guess.

M.D

Assassin's Creed IV takes place at the same time frame as the older titles

Watch Dogs is set in a world in which the Templars have taken over

The Division is the aftermath of this world

Wasn't this known? I mean, the look is just too similar.

The AC universe needs a thorough slowdown, reboot and de-apocalypsing. I'm fine with the modern/ancient mix but holy fuck shut up about the end of the world.

If Watch_dogs indicates a slower-burn story then great.

Paganmoon

Wasn't this known? I mean, the look is just too similar.

The AC universe needs a thorough slowdown, reboot and de-apocalypsing. I'm fine with the modern/ancient mix but holy fuck shut up about the end of the world.

If Watch_dogs indicates a slower-burn story then great.

Yeah, I think this was speculated upon right from the first showing of Watch_dogs last year.

RetroStu

Banned
I hope this doesn't mean that the whole game is in someones mind or something, i just never got what the point of that was in the AC games.

Dang0

In one of Farcry 3's preorder DLC you can find a document with Abstergo's logo, meaning its also the same world as far cry 3.

Valnen

Also, I'm guessing this will just be hints and such, like how Red Faction and Saints Row share the same universe.

Scoot2005

Banned

My thoughts exactly minus The Division. BRAIN SPLOSION!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
*shrug*

Watch Dogs has looked like a modern day Assassin's Creed to me for awhile. Not sure why people are so shocked. Even the trailers are cut the same exact way with a lot of the same type of fight scenes.

It wouldn't shock me if they're extremely connected, actually. Watch Dogs is just an evolution of how an assassin would do things in the future. Manipulating networks is just a new tool at your disposal.

This is why all my hype dried up for WD. I'm burnt out on AC and this looks like s slightly different AC. I hope this and Black Flag end up being worthwhile games (one of them will probably be my first PS4 game) but the idea of playing both at the end year gives me a drowsy feeling.

Dang0

And if we include costumes, you can connect Assassins Creed to FF XIII-2, which connects it to Mass Effect, which connects it to Kingdoms of Amalur.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wait how do "easter eggs" = "same universe"? What if it's just a 'mind blowing' easter egg? If it's something really fan-servicey I could see why he'd smile.

duckroll

Also, I'm guessing this will just be hints and such, like how Red Faction and Saints Row share the same universe.

Probably, but considering how much more obsessive AC fans are with regards to the timeline and the mythos, I expect that if there is anything interesting at all in the hints, it'll gain much more fan fraction than the RF/SR stuff. :)

Sethos

Banned
By the way, are they REALLY Easter eggs or surprising when they tell people this shit? Don't you usually have to discover this on your own.

duckroll

By the way, are they REALLY Easter eggs or surprising when they tell people this shit? Don't you usually have to discover this on your own.

You know how some people conduct Easter egg hunts for kids? Where you hide them around an area and all the children go around finding them for prizes? Yeah! :D

Malaussene

Neo Member

And this whole universe was born after
a rayman's fart. Haha... fart jokes.. sorry

Top Bottom