• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Box Art

Akai__

This will probably be my personal game of the year. Boxart looks cool, hope this is going to be a launch title for the next Xbox, too.

Swarley

Could be worse, but also not that great. Don't care whatsoever though, b/c I buy the game to play it, not stare at the cover.

Yet another classic example of box art that is designed to sell games to those who know next to nothing about the game already, rather than box art that is actually representative of the game itself.

I don't like it. Seems like it could use some of the elements of design they use in the beginning of the two trailer/demos they've done so far.

Disappointing. When I think of the game, I think of something futuristic, "cyber," or electronic. The cover conveys absolutely none of that, even though the game and a lot of the art does.

Not really feeling it. I prefer one I made a few days before PS4's reveal. It's basic and may not stand out on store shelves but I like it:

igYcFdUQ0P8rl.jpg

injurai

Banned
I could care less about the cover when I get this on steam. But as Ken Levine said sometimes you have to design your cover to attract the most customers so I'm okay with this.

Muffdraul

I could care less about the cover when I get this on steam. But as Ken Levine said sometimes you have to design your cover to attract the most customers so I'm okay with this.

It should be standard practice: lame dudebro box art on the front to maximize retail shelf exploitation, sweet Criterion-esque artsy cover on the reverse side.

I have a feeling that Watch_Dogs is the new Assassins Creed.
I was hyped for that game...then the reviews...the time travel shite...the gameplay...the fighting...the AI...oh god...everything...

We got Watch_Dogs hyped as a game changer...its just looking like 'more of the same' but with a small twist (which is still nice).

I worry how the world will feel; its open world and has a strong tech side but we've not seen the world really reflecting this. Am worried it'll be bland 'modern day' stuff; with nothing really 'new'.

Poor cover. Could have been far more interesting. The gun looks fucking stupid ('oh hey, am just gonna let this hang out guys') which makes the game look less smartly made than I hope it has been. The mobile is a generic blue screen and looks like the 90s representation of technology and the white lines connecting with the world are pretty difficult to make out; and its a poor representation of the interactive world. The logo is just...bland.

I think they should have had something larger scale to show the interactivity of the world and how you can connect with it. Something to fit the Watch_Dogs name; it looks weird on that cover.

Strange.

same developer too. don't believe their lies. i'm not gonna buy this game until i get detailed impressions from people who have beat it.

Espada

Wow, that box art is elegant in how bad it is. Talk about underwhelming. It'd be pretty easy to overlook this one one store shelf filled with games.

This just got me thinking; what will the PS4 boxes be like?
Hopefully not blue. Bluray, Vita, and WiiU cases are blue and I'm sick of it.

Anywayz: Cover looks alright. Could've been better though but whatever. Its the game that counts and this was the most impressive to me in the PS4 event.

MG310

After that demo the other day it looks like it conveys what you do in the game pretty well. He even seems to walk with the gun & phone held that way in the game.

Portugeezer

Whilst I think it could be more colourful, I actually don't think it's too bad except for being the usual "main character trying to look badass" cover.

Eideka

Banned
This is how the PC box art looks like in Europe :
Watch-Dogs-box-art-PC.jpg

I think it looks very cool, I hate the 360/PS3/WII U banners.

Important safety tip, kids: don't hold a gun with your finger on the trigger, especially while looking away from where the gun is pointed.

Yet another classic example of box art that is designed to sell games to those who know next to nothing about the game already, rather than box art that is actually representative of the game itself.

Pretty much the case with every SHUMP/SHRUMP (sp?). Oh hey! look at those cool anime characters, I wonder what kind of RPG that is. Nope just another cheap ass ship shooting game.

Top Bottom