• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs delayed until the Spring of 2014 (after April 1st)

UNCMark

Banned
Yeah I was going to say the same thing. Seems to be a move for that reason.

A bit bummed out but there's still going to be many games to play during the launch period.

I don't get this line of thinking. The last AC did huge numbers. Why would they be worried about the new one? They've been showing Watch Dogs at all the trade shows, but not allowing gamers to play it. There was obviously something they were hiding.

As Miyamoto said: a bad game that is delayed can eventually become good. A bad game that is released is bad forever.

Watch Dogs looked so unfinished when I saw it at Eurogamer last month. Glad Ubisoft saw sense and delayed it, as it would only have hurt the game in the long run.

Honestly, Watch Dogs had the potential to be next gen's 'Aliens: Colonial Marines', it looked so bad.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I think they needed some more time.

XsCuAK7.gif

Was the one third-party game I planned to buy near launch for Wii U to support Ubisoft and third-parties in general so this frees up some of my future money.

mclem

So...

...anyone wondering what The Division will *really* be like?

I do recall being a little sceptical at the first reveal of Watch_Dogs; I didn't buy that that was what gameplay would *really* work out like. Now, to be fair, it might still achieve that, but later - but I'm getting a little bit of a vibe that Ubisoft are significantly better at promises than they are at achievement, and I'm going to look upon future announcements in that light

Jarmel

Banned
I recently saw the game run at NYCC, and it looked like dog shit. The frame rate was dropping like crazy while it was running off of a PC.

The delay is a good thing.

for some reason, I find this very funny. I'm inclined to believe it's more strategical than necessary. After all, ubisoft is no stranger to shipping buggy games. Never stopped em before

With a new ip it's probably best not to put out a buggy broken game in the hopes of patching later. Maybe GTAV's online woes scared somebody at Ubisoft.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This is some bad news. I have a thought for the game producer who must be on the grill as we speak.

Chao

Seriously, what's the point of buying next-gen until 2014 at this point? Is there anything worth playing on those systems before the new year?

I was hyped for a launch ps4 until i read the launch day games list. I don't think I can justify buying one on launch day, there's literally zero games I'm interested in. I am interested in a couple of Xbox one launch games, but no way I'm falling for Microsoft's lies.

Raw64life

Smart move. All signs were pointing to disappointment. But now it's releasing too close to Infamous so I probably still wont get it.

Translation: We saw just how fucking detailed GTAV was and we thought "shit....we better work on Watch_Dogs. We didn't even have glass shattering when stealing vehicles!"

Jonboy

Seriously, what's the point of buying next-gen until 2014 at this point? Is there anything worth playing on those systems before the new year?

Killzone, Knack, Resogun and NBA 2K14 are plenty of reasons for me. Will definitely keep me busy until Second Son rolls around in February.

It's not like the launch pickings are very high. I'm only getting 3 PS4 games now unless I choose to replace Watch Dogs with AC4 (fat chance :lol)
Why do you waste money on games you don't like? Wouldn't spending money on things you enjoy be a more sound practice? lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is absolutely shocking and means the game must be total trash. Ubishit would put out a game that required you to physically defibrillate your console three times an hour if they had to to make a holiday season.

haikira

You don't get watch_dogs?

I think he means, how will retailers handle purchases for the Watch_Dogs bundles. As they'll have cost more. It's going to cause a lot of confusion, more than likely, either offering refunds to conversions to other bundles. All the worse, since the console seems completely booked out in most countries, so changing to other bundles may not be such an easy thing. I'm sure Sony are ecstatic about this...

btkadams

After GTA5, all other open world games are look like child's play. These guys are probably feeling the heat. I dont think 2-3 months will fix any thing.

not every open world game should aspire to be gta5 though. they spend a lot of time on small details that aren't really relevant in other games (shooting ranges, radio station commercials and talk shows, flying, etc.). it wouldn't really make sense for aiden pierce to be flying helicopters if the game is about getting around the city undetected.

Wow and I just chose the Watch Dogs bundle yesterday!

Wonder if Amazon are gonna knock my order back to the standalone PS4 now.

Top Bottom