• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs delayed until the Spring of 2014 (after April 1st)

De-mon

New date: Spring 2014.

Following is a statement directly from the Watch_Dogs development teams.

Our ambition from the start with Watch_Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until Spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering ‘why now?’ We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune every detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and during other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion is what drives us.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next Spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-delay/

Feorax

Wait, what? Isn't that supposed to be out like next month?

I've had concerns about it living up to expectations for a while given how much Ubisoft are hyping it, so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised.

Tenki

I got this from Ubi:

Following is a statement directly from the Watch_Dogs development teams.

Our ambition from the start with Watch_Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until Spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering ‘why now?’ We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune every detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and during other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion is what drives us.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next Spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.

Marvel

could never
pnel.gif

Ubi gonna Ubi.

Glad it's going to get that extra polish though.

GodofWine

Good, rather it be done.

Now, will we see other items follow???

Edit : guys are right, there is no other launch window that would be as good for the game as launch.

CengizMan

Our ambition from the start with Watch Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering: Why now? We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune each detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion keeps us motivated.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.
http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-delay/

Seriously, what's the point of buying next-gen until 2014 at this point? Is there anything worth playing on those systems before the new year?

Grief.exe

This is huge. Game was probably about to go gold.

Ubi probably realised they can't mame a return on investment if they cannabalize their own sales.

Interesting. That's a pretty huge launch title to lose for both consoles.

Now I wonder if Second Son will steal its thunder for PS4 owners.

Skeff

Woah!

EDIT: Very disappointed, will obviously not be getting this for Christmas after all. If this delay is because they couldn't finish the companion apps, i will flip my shit!

All platforms?! I wonder what the reasoning is? Perhaps they saw what Rockstar was able to do in a current gen game and wanted to do some more polishing and/or add stuff in?

I don't mind. Too many games this year to pay attention to. Delay it till it's great and ready to go. Also, it's good to give it some more time in between GTA5's release date and Spring time.

Top Bottom