• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs delayed until the Spring of 2014 (after April 1st)

gwex-500x500.jpg

I guess not.
LOL!!!

Foshy

Funny. I was just debating today if I should cancel my preorder for it and getting another game at PS4 launch.

Probably for the better, after GTA V nobody was caring for it anymore.

That next-gen launch line-up looks weaker by the day. Oh, well. Wasn't really a fan of what I had seen, but definitely disappointing news for a lot of people.

coldone

After GTA5, all other open world games are look like child's play. These guys are probably feeling the heat. I dont think 2-3 months will fix any thing.

btkadams

Yeah, this is pretty bizarre. How could they possibly not know about the delay months ago, shouldn't it have been going gold pretty soon?

this is ubisoft. remember rayman legends for wii u? delayed ~6 months a couple weeks before its release date. the game was finished.

UNCMark

Banned
I'm interested to see how Amazon US handles the change to the PS4 Watchdogs Bundle. Better do it in a way that doesn't move people down the pre-order list.

grkazan12

Game needed it, looked pretty cool, but GTA V shattered expectations of an open world game in in my opinion and my interest in Watch dogs was waning.

DAT GTA V

Meier

No surprise. There was a clear step backwards in graphical fidelity.. it needs serious work. It would have competed with AC4 as well which doesn't make a lot of sense for Ubi.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Not bothered personally; it's always been aggravating the way publishers bunch up major releases in October/November.

the game looked bad @ TGS (the mission looked extremely boring) so this isn't a surprise at all.

plus they were promoting ass creed heavily while hiding this game.

model13

Whattt!!!

Infamous 2 will kill (DESTROY) this game in Spring.

What a fuckup, if true.
Do you mean visually? If so, I agree,but it sounds like you could be referring to sales. If so, it wont even be close with Watch Dogs selling much more due to a massive install base advantage.

Having said that, Im disapointed with whats happened with this game. I was so excited when it was announced. Now, I dont even care if its delayed.

Lingitiz

This is one of the latest delays I've seen, but it's probably for the best. I was really getting a feeling like this was being rushed out.

AC4 actually looks quite good, so I'll give that a shot one more time.

geordiemp

Seen many comments about why are ubi releasing 2 similar open world type games at the same time,

Makes sense really

Disappointing somehow but on the other hand understandable because there were quite a few negative voices regarding the game and I guess they also did not want to compete with Assassin's Creed 4. Releasing later will give them enough time to really polish the title and make sure it will look nice on all systems.

Edwardo

The one game I wanted to pick up at release for the xbox one. I guess I can cancel my preorder now. It'll give me time to save money and finish all the games in my backlog.

Jonboy

Honestly a smart move. It was going to get overlooked.

They did blow the lid too soon though. Imagine if they could have capitalized on the initial reveal hype.

KorrZ

Seriously??

Well...thanks for making my decision easy Ubisoft. One of the main reasons I was going to buy this game was for PS4 launch. Coming out near Infamous SS, I have no reason to pick this up.

Feorax

Sony's going to be pissed. They co marketed the fuck out of this thing at every major event.

It's Ubisoft's loss in the end. Game is going to struggle on PS4, releasing the same time as Infamous, especially since Sony are going to want to prefer to push their first party offerings.

whoa wtf? we're a month away from launch! its better for the game i understand, but this came outta nowhere. I was gonna buy this at launch.

Replicant

Well that's $240 ($120 x 2) Australian dollars saved for now. Yes, was planning to buy both PS3 and PS4 version since they come with different Steelbook).

Top Bottom