• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs delayed until the Spring of 2014 (after April 1st)

Jac_Solar

After all we know that´s highly unlikely.

Game wasn´t very good so they are taking 5 or 6 more month to turn it around.

Well, they've already released lots of games that were quite buggy and had issues, like Assassin's Creed 3 (I haven't played a lot of it, just going by what people have said.), Far Cry 3, etc.

Yet, they chose to actually pull Watch_Dogs, a game that was bundled with a brand new console, supposed to release next to a console release, a month before release.

Though, since they want to turn this into a franchise, they do have to makes sure the first one sells well, and that's significantly harder with a new IP.

antitrop

Working so cant watch but whats his take?

- Fine with Watch_Dogs being delayed, fine with any game in November being delayed.

- Watch_Dogs was delayed because of lack of quality, no other way about it. Dismisses AC4 issue, different games.

- Decision to delay was obviously very difficult (New marketing campaign, pay employees for 6 more months, etc)

- Ubi delaying it because they believe in the game, and they believe the first game in a new IP must be of a certain quality.

- Cannot see how anyone would be upset by Ubi wanting to give them a better game.

- Happy this game isn't being sent out to die anymore, expectations are too high.

- Ubi's interests align with the consumer.

- You took an extra 6 months, better be "bloody perfect" or you're going to get skewered.

- Fine with Watch_Dogs being delayed, fine with any game in November being delayed (as a YouTube personality).

- Watch_Dogs was delayed because of lack of quality, no other way about it. Dismisses AC4 issue, different games.

- Decision to delay was obviously very difficult (New marketing campaign, pay employees for 6 more months, etc)

- Ubi delaying it because they believe in the game, and they believe the first game in a new IP must be of a certain quality.

- Cannot see how anyone would be upset by Ubi wanting to give them a better game.

- Happy this game isn't being sent out to die anymore, expectations are too high.

- You took an extra 6 months, better be "bloody perfect" or you're going to get skewered.

Thanks! Yeah definitely on point.

This should also mean they get to make all the missions fun and not have annoying or unbalanced ones.

nib95

Banned
Crosspost from other thread. I believe Watchdogs was the most if not one of the most pre-ordered games for the PS4 no?

On a side note, Sony really has to be careful about which multiplatform game they give all the spotlight to next time. They heavily pushed Watchdogs at every event, and Ubisoft has done the equivalent of bitch slapping Sony by delaying it.

So, I have only played AC1. Watching the trailers for AC3 and AC4 they just look like straight up brawlers. Do they even have assassinations anymore ? lol

antitrop

I'm not angry or upset really. But I won't be gettinga PS4 this fall so thats the bummer.

It's important to note that Totalbiscuit is a PC gaming channel, so his opinion isn't taking next-gen console launches into account. His interest is in the PC version.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
- Fine with Watch_Dogs being delayed, fine with any game in November being delayed.

I agree with all of this, especially the last point. A delay is probably a good thing but I will have a much higher expectation of the final game since it won't be rushed for launch.

Ubi stock just took a massive nosedive.

#Ubisoft 8.530 -23.08%
#Danone 51.25 -3.37%
#LVMH 136.15 -6.01%
#ASML 70.13 -2.75%
#IMI 1,534.50 +2.37%
#Publicis 58.28 -2.28%

Ouch.
I wonder if there is a forum where yoghurt enthusiasts are lamenting/gloating over Danone stock dropping.
(not snarky comment btw, at all, I'm just imagining the posts and it's funny in my head :p )

Sojgat

For Ubisoft to delay it the game must have been in terrible shape, and based on their track record they're not going to be able to fix it in 6 months. It's not the delay that bothers me, but that it's basically a confirmation that the game won't be very good.

Mr. West

Banned
For Ubisoft to delay it the game must have been in terrible shape, and based on their track record they're not going to be able to fix it in 6 months. It's not the delay that bothers me, but that it's basically a confirmation that the game won't be very good.
What the hell are you talking about.

Kadayi

Banned

Can you maybe elaborate on this 'track record' thing you're referring to, because I have to say Ubi seem to have a pretty good track record in terms of overall game quality from what I can recall. One might take issues with adjustments or inclusions, but Ubi games are pretty much always highly polished affairs.

Vizzeh

Banned
Im guessing they want to add polish to the game after seeing GTA, but serious question which im curious about and not trying to be negative but could it be a graphical/fps issue or "time to triangle" for the X1, its apparently a bit slower to develop for and we know the esram has its hardships. Would suck for PS4 owners to have the game delayed due to the rival console being difficult. So wondering if its a teething issue being a launch title or a possible "norm" if any truth to it.

SJRB

Gold Member

"How can you be upset for having to wait another six months if that means a better game?"

Ehm... because I dropped 400 bucks for a PS4 and now the only launch title I was interested in is gone, perhaps?

Of course I want the best possible quality game but saying people are shallow for being upset that this game got delayed a month before it was supposed to release is not cool. And his rant about production costs in terms of marketing and developers is silly - as a consumer none of that is any of my business.

gpRYme

Just got a call from Wal-mart in regards to my XBox One w/ Watch Dogs pre-order bundle - I was offered my choice of Assassin's Creed, CoD or a $50 rebate. I had e-mailed their customer service the day the delay was announced, so I'm not sure if it was a response to my e-mail directly or if they're calling all pre-order holders.

Marc

Yay, just got a call for my preorder as well to change the Watch Dogs bundle. Odd one as I contacted them first about the Watch Dogs cancellation, they said I would get the console but have to keep the game. Now they are saying it was the 'official' bundle (not what was on offer when I bought it) so are replacing it with Killzone.

Should all arrive on time, thanks Ubisoft for sorting everything out and y'know smoothing things over with all the love and attention to fans shown.

Now the question to ask, is Killzone really worth a preorder on its own... hmmm...

Top Bottom