• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion Has a Game Breaking Save Bug On Xbox That Won’t Be Fixed Soon

Bullet Club

Watch Dogs Legion on Xbox One and Xbox Series has a major issue with progress not saving and according to Ubisoft, it won’t be fixed anytime soon.

In a huge thread on the Ubisoft support forum, there have been multiple reports of users that are playing the game on Xbox consoles and reporting that they are not getting their progress saved in the game.

“Hey, I recently went from my Xbox one (which was crashing every 30 seconds) to the series x, now the game plays fine but every time I exit the game it doesn’t save my progress so I’m constantly repeating the same missions? ” reads a comment from the thread creator.

Checking out other replies in the thread, there is a large number of users who are facing the same issues on their Xbox consoles, from Series X to One S. Similar sentiments are echoed on the game’s subreddit.

This glitch is also affecting PC users but at least there is a temporary solution for their problem. In the case of the Xbox users, they have to wait a while because this bug is not going to get patched anytime soon.

According to a tweet by the official Watch Dogs Legion account, the developers are currently working on a fix which they are aiming to get out in early December. “We’re sorry about the issues you’re experiencing. The team is aware of this issue and are working on a fix for it, which we’re aiming to have in a patch in early December.”

This means that in its current state, the game is broken or unplayable for quite a large number of people. Some might be lucky and won’t’ encounter this issue at all, but those who do will have to deal with the frustration for a while now.

Source: Twisted Voxel

xrnzaaas

It's the same with AC Valhalla on PS4. Ubisoft still hasn't fixed the seer bug from Norway which can force you to restart the game (and potentially waste a few hours if you've done a lot of early side content).

Two major games with two game breaking bugs, they were really in a rush to release the games for the launch of the new consoles (and before Cyberpunk ;)).

Last edited:
“Hey, I recently went from my Xbox one (which was crashing every 30 seconds) to the series x, now the game plays fine but every time I exit the game it doesn’t save my progress so I’m constantly repeating the same missions? ” reads a comment from the thread creator.

I think these people are confused. It's an Ubisoft game so it's normal that you're constantly repeating the same missions. It's part of the game design.

cucuchu

This happened to me on PC as well. Not sure if its been fixed there or not, but I would often go through the mission(s) to recruit someone, do some other random shit, and come back the next day to see that the last hour of my gameplay never saved. This is after exiting the game properly too. Haven't touched the game in a week or so, maybe its been fixed.

Kamina

Golden Boy
An Ubisoft game with massive bugs? Impossible!

im_shocked.gif

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
You know, when AC Unity launched this disastrously, they ended up really having to patch it. Like, they ensured it was more polished than just about any other AC. It's far less buggy today than Black Flag or Syndicate is. They also didn't release dozens of $3-5 DLC packs like they usually do, and its one expansion pack was made free for all owners. Would the Ubisoft of 2020 do that with Watch Dogs Legion?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yikes. This was even after delays. Launching on 9 platforms it whatever it was clearly took it toll.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Spend most of my time on destiny, hope these things get fixed by the time I get to them. Prob play CoD 1st.

Dr Bass

"Early December" sounds "soon" to me.

When something is not going to be fixed "anytime soon" that usually means ... you know, no expected target date. And if there was one, not for a very long time. Not something that could theoretically be next week.

OrtizTwelve

Watch Dogs Legion on Xbox One and Xbox Series has a major issue with progress not saving and according to Ubisoft, it won’t be fixed anytime soon.

In a huge thread on the Ubisoft support forum, there have been multiple reports of users that are playing the game on Xbox consoles and reporting that they are not getting their progress saved in the game.

Checking out other replies in the thread, there is a large number of users who are facing the same issues on their Xbox consoles, from Series X to One S. Similar sentiments are echoed on the game’s subreddit.

This glitch is also affecting PC users but at least there is a temporary solution for their problem. In the case of the Xbox users, they have to wait a while because this bug is not going to get patched anytime soon.

According to a tweet by the official Watch Dogs Legion account, the developers are currently working on a fix which they are aiming to get out in early December. “We’re sorry about the issues you’re experiencing. The team is aware of this issue and are working on a fix for it, which we’re aiming to have in a patch in early December.”

This means that in its current state, the game is broken or unplayable for quite a large number of people. Some might be lucky and won’t’ encounter this issue at all, but those who do will have to deal with the frustration for a while now.

Source: Twisted Voxel

Another reminder why Ubisoft is so mediocre.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This happened to me. I didn't play anything else on my Xbox for several days, and I lost over 25 hours of progress.

Deleted immediately, wish I could still refund.

rob305

I had the same issue on Series X. Had to replay some of the missions 3 times to finish the game...No idea how this passed QA

Camreezie

These guys are giving Bethesda competition for buggy as fuck launches. Reminder to never pay full price for either of their games

MrFunSocks

Banned
"Won't be fixed soon"

Posted thread on 23 November.

"The team is aware of this issue and are working on a fix for it, which we’re aiming to have in a patch in early December"

Seems like it'll be fixed pretty soon to me?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Supposedly update 2.4 that went out on 12.10.20 fixes this save issue. I haven't played the game since I heard about it three weeks ago.

Top Bottom