• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion |OT| To London, for an Ubi Murray

cormack12

Gold Member
ov1Yj2Z.gif

k7kjzu4.png

zv3BZLP.png

k34ouPP.png

zAK74cl.gif

A0qAqdQ.gif

lVrEWvV.gif

6evRsNI.gif

RtmocG1.gif

AkyVP9Z.gif

Z94hogg.gif

lgbhGWv.gif

c7hno6R.gif

Begu0ab.gif

cKMdBg4.gif

BeneficialForkedKodiakbear-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm all in on this game but trying to decide whether to start immediately or wait for the Series X.

From the little I've read about the plot, a PMC takes control of the UK in a coup (what happened to the queen?) and 'marginalised communities' are placed in camps for organ harvesting. I'm sure it will be very subtle.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I'm all in on this game but trying to decide whether to start immediately or wait for the Series X.

From the little I've read about the plot, a PMC takes control of the UK in a coup (what happened to the queen?) and 'marginalised communities' are placed in camps for organ harvesting. I'm sure it will be very subtle.

But not political remember all Ubisoft games contain no Politics, if they repeat this enough every year it becomes true.

Joking aside we now have two games based in England and both will be massively cringe. Its almost like they took the whole leaving the EU thing personally and want two games (one which has an invading force who slaughter, rape and pillage as the saviours) to show what a bad lot we where after just getting over the previous occupation of the Roman Empire.

I think personally I'm avoiding Watchdogs 3, not because of the content but because its based down London and as someone who does not Live in London think it would be better if the city simply did not exsist, or more accurately the people who choose to live there did not.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
But not political remember all Ubisoft games contain no Politics, if they repeat this enough every year it becomes true.

It was a few years ago - one exec said there were no politics, then I think Guillemot said something like 'the politics are neutral so the player can decide.' I'll be interested to see if that holds true in a game where Brexit leads to a coup and then people get rounded into camps.

Unless I see bicycles being nicked in and around Hackney, I'm not playing. Saying that, I've not checked if you can use push bikes in game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Planning on starting this on my One X then moving to the Series X when it arrives.

Excellent OT

Arachnid

Looking forward to playing this at a steep discount with all the DLC included down the line. What won me over was playing the campaign as Aiden. Apparently, Ubi rewrote the entire campaign to feature Aidens personality (if you're playing as him) so the game could actually function as a sequel to his story (he'll also be integrated into all the original cinematics, of course). Unfortunately, he's post launch DLC, so there will be a bit of a wait.

Last edited:

SCB3

Looking forward to playing this at a steep discount with all the DLC included down the line. What won me over was playing the campaign as Aiden. Apparently, Ubi rewrote the entire campaign to feature Aidens personality (if you're playing as him) so the game could actually function as a sequel to his story (he'll also be integrated into all the original cinematics, of course). Unfortunately, he's post launch DLC, so there will be a bit of a wait.

I think I'd prefer that tbh, I'm not sold on the switching characters just yet as it feels like it's an in between, not too focused on story or on an online like environment like GTA online

cormack12

Gold Member
Do I need to play the previous games ? Or can I go blindly in this one ?

Blind is fine. There is a recurring character from WD1 but it won't mean anything grand scheme, more of an easter egg. WD2 was drastically different to WD1 and this looks to be even more different than them.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Every video of this i watch the dialogue and acting is so shit.

Lived in London all my life and people just don't talk like that.

So weird.

Mista

Banned
Can't wait for tomorrow. Enjoyed WD2 a lot and this one looks decent

Don't like the voice acting much. They're overdoing the London accent

For now I will continue to enjoy Ghostrunner

DonJorginho

Banned
Definitely picking this up for the PS5 on November 19th, I loved WD 2 and liked 1 more than most, and to be able to explore London without getting stabbed by a street gang is a big plus.

cucuchu

I'm gonna jump straight in to an ironman permadeath game mode when I boot it up tonight. Sounds like thats going to make the game much more enjoyable from what I've heard in the reviews. Since you can just continuously recruit people, it seems like it would be hard to reach a permanent fail state in the game where all your operatives are killed/arrested/whatever, but in a game without a central main character it seems to make the most sense to apply more gravity to each individual character you recruit.

YodaBB

I think my plan is to wait till around the 7th Nov and then buy a month of Uplay+. Play WD for a few days, play through Valhalla (10th Nov) & WD the next 3 weeks, then play Fenyx (2nd Dec) for 5 days. Not bad for $15.

Rickyiez

Performance runs like poop , RT or not . It's not that great looking either , even with everything maxed out . Animations are way off the mark too . Wouldn't even buy this at half the price , I'm trying it just because it's from the 3080 bundle

CrysisFreak

Banned
I'm preloading this SJW trash right now on PS4 Pro, hopefully this will be enjoyable like the previous two entries in my opinion.
By god if it's not fun Ubi should be cancelled.
They already fucked up royally with GR Breakpoint. What a mess that game was.

regawdless

Banned
Just ran the benchmark at all maxed with RTX at 1440p. Averages over 50fps and doesn't look too bad.
RTX at high and shadows at very high instead of ultra, looks nearly identical and averages at 60fps.
No DLSS.

Will further check the settings and tweak a bit more.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
So 1440p with DLSS averages at 74fps with everything maxed, only RTX to high and shadows to very high. And looks very good and clean judging from the benchmark.

Now jumping into the game and comparing.

Cutscenes capped at 30fps. Urgh. With bad framepacing, they stutter. Gameplay is fine though.

FoV is fucked. Camera is way too close to the character. Increasing it takes off some fps and is taxing the CPU. FoV bigger than 82 has major impact on the CPU and if I run around, it sometimes drops into single digits.

8700k at 5ghz, 32gb 3600mhz RAM and 3080 btw.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
When does this unlock? Midnight? Us West coast

EDIT: I guess it's right now!

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Apparently DLSS doesn't give me increased performance , while already degrading the image quality . Anyone having such issues ? Turning on DLSS on any preset gave the exact same FPS !

Stuart360

Apparently DLSS doesn't give me increased performance , while already degrading the image quality . Anyone having such issues ? Turning on DLSS on any preset gave the exact same FPS !
Sounds like a bottleneck, maybe cpu?. Whats your cpu?.
And you have the game already?

Rickyiez

Sounds like a bottleneck, maybe cpu?. Whats your cpu?.
And you have the game already?

Using a 3700x here , so it shouldn't be that bad . The problem is even in enclosed area the FPS still tanks . Yupe, mine is bundled from my 3080 . I guess the game is terribly optimized at the moment .

Top Bottom