• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion |OT| To London, for an Ubi Murray

So 3 hours in. The recruit missions are nice but can be an absolute chore is you're dead set on this being a pokemon sim.
So my main is a haition doc with little to no skillset but i like him enough that he will be my main mission guy. Love his hair and voice.
Went and recruit a corpo suit dude who will be relegated as my recruiter agent. Unlocked the hard recruitment perk and got myself an fem asian military vet (?) that has assault rifle for when violence is neccessary.
So far enjoying my time, the talkshows are the highlights of the story.

Compsiox

Banned
I made the game even better
6080617ad104760117f95f4e373eae8d.jpg

I'm really enjoying it, more than i thought I might tbh. But good lord does it need some sort of barbers/character customisation thing. Not everyone in London has to look like a hipster/man-hating feminazi Ubisoft. I haven't found a single female character with a decent looking hairstyle.
Trying to find a female model is so hard fuck me everyone is ugly.

Stitch

Gold Member
I played yesterday without drivers and it was a disaster. Installed this morning and now I'm cruising around night London and it plays well. Graphics are great with maxed out RTX effects.
Even with the drivers it's terrible on my RTX 2080. Doesn't matter if Ray-Tracing is on or off, DLSS doesn't change anything (on ultra performance it just gets really ugly).
It's weird, in the benchmark I get 76 Frames most of the times with drops to about 46 at the end when everything starts exploding. And that's with every setting I tried. Ingame it's always something between 40 and 50 FPS even in Buildings like the dedsec HQ.

It has to be a bug. The game doesn't even look good lol. Especially the Characters and their animations from PS2 era.

scalman

I found that worker with cargo drone its just best character to explore city and collect all green stuff as you can just fly up where you need. Still dont need most other ppl its enough just that worker alone she have spider too.
But still in search of interesting ppl . And i have some ppl who hate deadsec too. One spy agent that i stole car from is not happy with me i guess. Its cool that they remember what you did to them.
For me its just cool to explore those things that other games dont have. I just wish there would be some characters that could climb to all walls like in ac games. Would be another nice way to explore
People who talks about bad graphics just dont know what they talking about. Yes ps2 era, maybe ps1 then?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Why does everyone seem to have the cargo drone? Is this like where everyone will end up with the same 8/9 NPCs in the end?

Stitch

Gold Member
People who talks about bad graphics just dont know what they talking about. Yes ps2 era, maybe ps1 then?
I was talking about the animations. Some of them look laughable for a new game. And yeah, some of the characters look pretty bad too. The games just not great at rendering beards or hair :/

Also why's everyone driving on the wrong side of the road?
:p just kidding, but it feels really weird

Last edited:

Redlight

I must've put 6 to 8 hours in, mostly just tooling around London, raiding the red areas on the map, riding around on cargo drones and looking for tech points.

I'm loving it. There is a certain 'Ubisoft' familiarity to it (the music sound a bit 'Hitman' to me), but I love these kinds of games, so that's not an issue for this little black duck.

Game looks great to me on a One X, especially at dusk and in the rain. Life changing? No, but very solid formula that is a lot of fun to spend some time with.

Airbus Jr

Banned
As someone who havent played Watch Dog 2 am i going to miss something important if i go straight from WD1 to Legion?

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
What a subhuman trash game, unbelievable.
Just what the fuck were the lazy devs thinking with this?
Shit driving, shit parkour, shit city, shit shooting, shit stealth, shit story, shit random chars, shit shit shit.

Worst of all, my god, by god, I swear, I'm currently playing the mission "black hole of battersea".
This is worse than anthem. That mission is such utter trash I cannot put it into words.
What the actual fuck.
Every single person involved in the development or publishing of this game should be fired and deported.
Sorry not sorry.
Go look at the mission I mentioned. I literally cannot believe what I'm playing. What the utter fuck. Jesus punish these maggots for their sins.

J3nga

Shit driving, shit parkour, shit city, shit shooting, shit stealth, shit story, shit random chars, shit shit shit.

Worst of all, my god, by god, I swear, I'm currently playing the mission "black hole of battersea".
This is worse than anthem. That mission is such utter trash I cannot put it into words.
What the actual fuck.
Every single person involved in the development or publishing of this game should be fired and deported.
Sorry not sorry.
Go look at the mission I mentioned. I literally cannot believe what I'm playing. What the utter fuck. Jesus punish these maggots for their sins.
You sound surprised.

Krisprolls

Banned

What the actual fuck.
Sorry not sorry.

I don't understand, did you like the game or not ?

What the actual fuck.
Sorry not sorry.
😭😭😭waaaaghhhh!!!!!

CrysisFreak

Banned
How has WD from 2014 or some shit better shooting and better parkour than this?
6 years have passed. Has Ubisoft lost all their talent?
Come at me and answer this fucking question.
Because I'm sick and tired of every single OT being only frequented by fanboys ready to overlook massive flaws.
This in inexcusable.

Hmm, so perma death is an option in the game?
Yes, you can select it when you start a new game. I'm not sure if you can activate it afterwards.

I must say that playing with perma-death elevates this game to new highs. I can ignore all the progressive bullshit and enjoy it. It can actually get quite intense.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Also, found this out today. Taken from Reddit:

"When you're at the team menu, press the "Show on map" button (F on keyboard) and it will bring up a portrait of the operative on the map, somewhere near where they live/operate normally. Press operative swap (Spacebar on keyboard) and instead of bringing the operative to you, it switches to wherever the operative is, going along with their daily routine like in the trailers.

Or downing an entire can of beer while livestreaming it, in my case."

Also, found this out today. Taken from Reddit:

"When you're at the team menu, press the "Show on map" button (F on keyboard) and it will bring up a portrait of the operative on the map, somewhere near where they live/operate normally. Press operative swap (Spacebar on keyboard) and instead of bringing the operative to you, it switches to wherever the operative is, going along with their daily routine like in the trailers.

Or downing an entire can of beer while livestreaming it, in my case."
Good to know, thanks.

I'm really impressed by some of the environments in this game. Store fronts on Regent Street are so detailed, it's mind blowing. I've never seen anything like it.

I hope there will be a mod for PC to lock the time of day to night. It just suits the vibe of the game so much better (+ looks gorgeous).

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Yes you can play with it on or off. You can also play with it on and turn it off, but doing so prevents you from turning it back on.

Permadeath on is the best way to play.
With permanent death on does each character get one life or can they be arrested as well?

cucuchu

Loving the game so far. Only a few hours in and I completely got side tracked with recruitment missions and haven't touched the main missions yet.

A question and a concern:

1. How do you see your team members' stats? I see their abilities, and their profiles, but I don't see any kind of stat sheets which I swear I've heard referenced in some of the previews.
2. Holy shit does this game torture my CPU! I have a i7 9700k which temp never goes above the lower to mid 60's under load playing Doom Eternal, WoW, Metro Exodus, many others but this game has the fucker cooking at 75-77 average. My 3080 FE stays around 68-70. I'm sure tuning some settings can help with this but it def caught me off guard when I looked at msi afterburner.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
With permanent death on does each character get one life or can they be arrested as well?

I'm not exactly sure what triggers an arrest, incapacitated, and death. But I've seen gameplay where explosions have immediately killed someone and other times when I played I blew up a character and he was only incapacitated. I think arresting occurs when you haven't done anything serious or haven't used excessive force.

I'll do some testing today to find out more on how the system works.

A question and a concern:

1. How do you see your team members' stats? I see their abilities, and their profiles, but I don't see any kind of stat sheets which I swear I've heard referenced in some of the previews.

I think they took out the stats when they decided to remove the character levels.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Even with the drivers it's terrible on my RTX 2080. Doesn't matter if Ray-Tracing is on or off, DLSS doesn't change anything (on ultra performance it just gets really ugly).
It's weird, in the benchmark I get 76 Frames most of the times with drops to about 46 at the end when everything starts exploding. And that's with every setting I tried. Ingame it's always something between 40 and 50 FPS even in Buildings like the dedsec HQ.

It has to be a bug. The game doesn't even look good lol. Especially the Characters and their animations from PS2 era.

What CPU? This game proves that even DX12 cant save fucking Ubisoft engines, it destroys CPUs (consoles can't run it at 60FPS, even in 720p).

Oh and graphics is ~ on par with Uncharted 3 on PS3 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

e0d4f86d2e367e3295471848fd6c5957.jpg

33333.png

Last edited:

MetalRain

I feel that Watchdogs: Legion is kind of surpassed by Watchdogs: 2.

Surely Legion looks nice, with so many unique graffiti decorating the streets, but story is so bland and people feel samey. There isn't so much of that collectathon we've been cursing at for years.

However there are somewhat interesting stuff in the audio logs, but you cannot actually listen those while you are doing something, you have to stay still in the menu to listen. And these aren't like 10 second quips more like 2-3 minutes. That's kind of a bummer.

Maybe DLC will help?

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Here are some benchmark demonstrations that I ran on my PC.

4K with maximum settings without DLSS.

4K with maximum settings via DLSS Quality Mode.

4K with maximum settings via DLSS Ultra Performance Mode.

TrainedRage

Banned
Dude this game keeps crashing on my PC.

i7-6700K CPU @ 4 GHz

GPU- MSI gtx 1080

Edit just crashed again. Went for like 6 min that time :messenger_angry: this is the only game im having this issue with too.

Last edited:

scalman

as good as some ladies can look there they not in any use most times. cant fly cant bring spider. without those 2 tools missions there are just not same.
at some point in map appear some recruit that was better in lvl then just amateur and game showed me it , so i went to get it . some can be realy weird like some hyphnosis man . it was nice to safe clock tower and make it look normal again .
zsNsZIP.jpg

96MghFY.jpg

zz4cLWa.jpg

its saved
6XjRSm3.jpg

in my life i visited london in 3 ways , was in real many time as tourist, then visited in AC game and now in Watch Dogs, still amazing city.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
Newest driver improves performance by a good chunk and evens it out. Newest patch doesn't bring significant improvements though.
I was at 55fps most of the time and then suddenly dropped into the 30s all the time.

Pretty bad optimization.

Compsiox

Banned
I keep pussying out on permadeath and reverting to cloud save.

I just die in the most stupid ways that i can't let it happen

CrysisFreak

Banned
Mission design is so fucking bad it's crazy.
WD2 had those few standout mission like that insanely animated big spider that crawls up walls or that super muscle car with which you blasted through the city doing big jumps.
This game? Nothing like that.
There are some enemy bases that I infiltrated 7 times already because the low quality random missions and contracts make me do that shit. What the fuck.
And the enemies always stand in the same place.
Unbelievable.

aries_71

Graphics are fine. The only problems are animations, that are step behind WD1/2.
But why? They just needed to use the same code, why change it and made them worse?

Last edited:

cucuchu

I keep pussying out on permadeath and reverting to cloud save.

I just die in the most stupid ways that i can't let it happen

At least your permadeath works. I died while using one of the prestige operatives...first death of mine and since I have permadeath selected, assumed that was it for him. NOPE. I get a 'Try Again'. Was pissed, let him get gunned down and die again, same thing. Double checked to make sure permadeath was selected, and yep still permadeath, hard.

So now I guess I'll restart entirely and select ironman. Hopefully it doesn't bug out again.

Compsiox

Banned
At least your permadeath works. I died while using one of the prestige operatives...first death of mine and since I have permadeath selected, assumed that was it for him. NOPE. I get a 'Try Again'. Was pissed, let him get gunned down and die again, same thing. Double checked to make sure permadeath was selected, and yep still permadeath, hard.

So now I guess I'll restart entirely and select ironman. Hopefully it doesn't bug out again.
You need to beat the second main mission before permadeath becomes active.

I guess it's more like the second chapter.

Last edited:

J3nga

Mission design is so fucking bad it's crazy.
WD2 had those few standout mission like that insanely animated big spider that crawls up walls or that super muscle car with which you blasted through the city doing big jumps.
This game? Nothing like that.
There are some enemy bases that I infiltrated 7 times already because the low quality random missions and contracts make me do that shit. What the fuck.
And the enemies always stand in the same place.
Unbelievable.
Honestly, it makes me wanna puke just looking at it, how people are playing this dog shit? This game must be resetera's average user's wet dream.

Last edited:
Top Bottom