• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion |OT| To London, for an Ubi Murray

CrysisFreak

Banned
Sometimes when walking on relatively narrow platforms my character just stops walking forward, as if there's an invisible obstacle in front of him. Like how did this pass QA?
This is day 3 of playing this game and the game crashed 15 times on my Pro. LMAO.
This game is more unstable than No Man's Sky 1.0.
Except in this case I don't expect a turnaround.

tusharngf

q1PPwba.jpg

Rikkori

I can't stop playing this game! The world they built is soooo well done, it's really an achievement. Granted, the actual narrative elements when they try to do traditional storytelling is awful compared to when you play it as it's meant to - a sandbox. That's really the strength of Ubi games, the worlds they build, they're really great. Just wish I could ignore the other aspects entirely.

Flintty

I think this will be my England Lockdown 2.0 game. The thing is, do I get it for the 1X now or wait for the XSX?

scalman

so i got this cool hacker there, those AR kinda glasses looks sweet hair too as well as clothes
bgskSfz.jpg

at some points atention to details its just amazing. think about all details that you can only see on top buildings that only possible to see with cargo drone, and they still did all that there , though not many will see that
i mean its not AC game where you can just climb into all places and see all things, still its nice to have that
pl9A2sJ.jpg

Last edited:
i would not be surprised if they used Assassins creed syndicate as the backbone to this game and simply updated the engine and graphics....game is fun though
Construction worker and Albion Worker are the best 2 combos

Rickyiez

Did a performance comparison on the first hotfix here (ultra settings with RTX3080) Seems like there are some small fps increase

cormack12

Gold Member
Did a walking the walk game design chat for ACG if folks are interested

Really enjoyed this, had to watch it in two sittings though, think an hour might be too long but maybe that's me (hashtag watchdoglegion). The topics were cool, but I thought might have been better split. Like into the three tiers (architecture etc.), then the characters. Usually on longer videos, I tend to turn off at 30 minutes and then never go back despite wanting to. Whereas I'm more likely to start a new video. Sure you have your own metrics anyway.

Game looks really good, I was expecting more graphical issues. I also enjoyed how NPC's went in and out of doors/buildings a lot (despite you not being able to go in). Think I preferred the line as well on the profiler than just the dot. Was just clearer. Either way, good dive on the game from another angle bro

Last edited:

scalman

this and valhalla will be most fun this left year i guess. Cyberpunk can go **** with delays. they could release it on pc first then consoles or one console first , but no they just shot himselfs in foot i guess. and nothing else on horizon for my taste there .

Last edited:

scalman

anyway whats deal with those RTX effects , nvidia shows us in its page that rtx off vs on looks like this
VLGrhyt.jpg

ok so its all in reflection resolution ?
because im pretty happy with in game reflections there on gtx 1060
UyhoTiD.jpg

and that looks better clearer in game then in this compressed screenshot
so why i need rtx in those situation i dont know.. to have clearer reflection in puddles. but will it be clearer like in 1080p game res anyway. and why do i need it .. its not like we dont have reflections in puddles from engine , because we do have and very good ones.

Last edited:

Certinty

How far into the story do I have to get to start taking over areas? Kind of want to wait until the Series X but also want to play the non-story related content now.

scalman

you mean when you clearing areas , you dont need do story for that just side missions, do whats on map, not main story and that are will be cleared.
just play couple main missions and then you can do tons and tons side missions , recruit people do their missions too, then do map clearing missions that shows on map. then recruit more people and more and so on. story can wait rly.

so far i did that ..not many main missions mainly all sides and just recruiting people
Ui99xFY.jpg

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Did a performance comparison on the first hotfix here (ultra settings with RTX3080) Seems like there are some small fps increase

What settings are you running with. I updated and the game runs choppy but was fine yesterday. I turned RTX Off. I have a 3700x and 3080. I'm gaming on a TV with vsync. DlSs performance It was fine before the patch. I also had 2 transients appear as siamese twins. Fucking Ubisoft.

I wonder if the Razor app that supposedly optimizes does the opposite.

Rickyiez

What settings are you running with. I updated and the game runs choppy but was fine yesterday. I turned RTX Off. I have a 3700x and 3080. I'm gaming on a TV with vsync. DlSs performance It was fine before the patch. I also had 2 transients appear as siamese twins. Fucking Ubisoft.

I wonder if the Razor app that supposedly optimizes does the opposite.

Settings is as you see at the start of the video , mostly ultra , RT and shadows at High , DLSS Quality . Did you check the FPS when it's choppy ? Anyway I hope people don't worry too much about their system with this game , its still not very optimized even after the patch .

Armorian

Banned
anyway whats deal with those RTX effects , nvidia shows us in its page that rtx off vs on looks like this

ok so its all in reflection resolution ?
because im pretty happy with in game reflections there on gtx 1060

and that looks better clearer in game then in this compressed screenshot
so why i need rtx in those situation i dont know.. to have clearer reflection in puddles. but will it be clearer like in 1080p game res anyway. and why do i need it .. its not like we dont have reflections in puddles from engine , because we do have and very good ones.

Difference is massive in this game, but not on puddles, angle maskes them the best case scenario for SSR but for everything else:

Eliciel

this game feels like the chop suey of gaming, everything that was left over, and that really needed to be eaten before it gets bad was put together in a wok pan and boiled to feed the starved ones. It's the same game concept over and over and over again.

Last edited:

scalman

this game feels nice and plays good too. if it wouldnt i would just play RDR2 but i play this instead of that. depends of what you like, not what others like but what you like. dont be cheap brainless fak and go with all horde.
and doesnt matter who thinks here what of game , most of you dont even play games you just spending time here typing nonsense thats all you do from what it can be seen.

Last edited:
you mean when you clearing areas , you dont need do story for that just side missions, do whats on map, not main story and that are will be cleared.
just play couple main missions and then you can do tons and tons side missions , recruit people do their missions too, then do map clearing missions that shows on map. then recruit more people and more and so on. story can wait rly.

so far i did that ..not many main missions mainly all sides and just recruiting people
Ui99xFY.jpg
Have you gotten bored with the gameplay loop?

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Settings is as you see at the start of the video , mostly ultra , RT and shadows at High , DLSS Quality . Did you check the FPS when it's choppy ? Anyway I hope people don't worry too much about their system with this game , its still not very optimized even after the patch .

Oddly enough my problem was the controller. I was using generic PS4 controller on Bluetooth pre patch with no problems. I switched to the Xbone controller with the wireless adapter and it struggles. I changed every damn setting until I played today with the other controller and it was smoothe again.

Last edited:

scalman

its no diff i guess from other AC watch dogs games, not best game out there, not best visuals not best animations and such, but in this scale open world and on that scale of npc's that everyone can be recruited its something new too i guess. its not that many stuff going on in empty RDR2 world just animals runing around in wast of empty deserts and areas, so i think it much harder to do this rly... but yh side missions are all go there do this type, and main missions well it got me rly deep in emotions on some missions like when it was about AI taking over people.
again im player who play only SP game no online no MP games at all so for me its exploring time... its driving motorcycles around city not using fast travel just using real transport. if someone just wanna pass those main missions i think they wont be pleased from those most times... for me its good. i just love take some slower bike and explore city look for new weird and cool NPC around and try to recruit them. i chose to upload AI to system not kill it on that mission , because i would do that in real. its just opens more oportunities there.

RT effects are just effect nothing more , it doesnt matter . it does matter for ppl who dont care for games just for visuals. really pitty for those poor ppl out there. games are to enjoy them not look for effects in them ...

Last edited:
What a subhuman trash game, unbelievable.
Just what the fuck were the lazy devs thinking with this?
Shit driving, shit parkour, shit city, shit shooting, shit stealth, shit story, shit random chars, shit shit shit.

Worst of all, my god, by god, I swear, I'm currently playing the mission "black hole of battersea".
This is worse than anthem. That mission is such utter trash I cannot put it into words.
What the actual fuck.
Every single person involved in the development or publishing of this game should be fired and deported.
Sorry not sorry.
Go look at the mission I mentioned. I literally cannot believe what I'm playing. What the utter fuck. Jesus punish these maggots for their sins.
:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

CrysisFreak

Banned
The problem with this game in particular is it has many many many more random missions when "an operative is kidnapped" or "a new contract is available" which means effectively by the time you're halfway through the game you'll have infiltrated every enemy base, multiple times, knowing where each enemy is and how to bypass any obstacle.
In addition to that with endgame tech aka all tech you'll rip through the the bases faster and faster like a fucking tornado.
I guess the power trip is fun but yeah overall it's not exciting as WD2 because of that plus the more boring location imho.

regawdless

Banned
Is anyone able to use reshade without stupid BattlEye blocking it and preventing the game from starting?
Only works if I disable BattlEye but then I can't use the in-game store because all online activities are then blocked.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I started this last night half asleep, wanted to get a quick session in before bed. I didn't do much, but driving to my way point was a bitch because on the way I kept going through areas that triggered alerts.

Since I was tired I was too lazy to look for an alternative to it and I did a few missions and was too tired to do stealth so I just shot any resistance I saw.

I'll mess around with it more tonight. It feels like it's gonna be a game structured around the recruiting more than anything.

The problem with this game in particular is it has many many many more random missions when "an operative is kidnapped" or "a new contract is available" which means effectively by the time you're halfway through the game you'll have infiltrated every enemy base, multiple times, knowing where each enemy is and how to bypass any obstacle.
In addition to that with endgame tech aka all tech you'll rip through the the bases faster and faster like a fucking tornado.
I guess the power trip is fun but yeah overall it's not exciting as WD2 because of that plus the more boring location imho.
Is this on hard and/or permadeath?

Redlight

What a subhuman trash game, unbelievable.
Just what the fuck were the lazy devs thinking with this?
Shit driving, shit parkour, shit city, shit shooting, shit stealth, shit story, shit random chars, shit shit shit.

Worst of all, my god, by god, I swear, I'm currently playing the mission "black hole of battersea".
This is worse than anthem. That mission is such utter trash I cannot put it into words.
What the actual fuck.
Every single person involved in the development or publishing of this game should be fired and deported.
Sorry not sorry.
Go look at the mission I mentioned. I literally cannot believe what I'm playing. What the utter fuck. Jesus punish these maggots for their sins.
I guess I'd better stop enjoying it then. :)

Ovech-King

Gold Member
The metal station in this game is incredible. I never thought in a million years I would hear Anaal Nathrakh in a AAA game hahah

Wow didn’t know that the npc that have thumbs down if you look deeper into their schedules they give mini missions that will turn to a green thumbs up.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I am still waiting for a game where the AI doesn't immediately know it was you who did something. In some ways it makes sense in this game, but it still reminds me of being chased out of a town in Oblivion because I stole something nobody actually saw. Even a few second delay would be more realistic. People take some time to communicate and process. Is it that hard to program in a delay?

I've been playing hours of this on end and like others have said, it's the recruitment mechanic that gives this game any value at all. It is unlike anything I've ever played in a AAA game. I'm sure some rogue like indie games have something like this (or pokemon), but it feels like a glimpse into the future. The ambition of it is staggering. I have spent a shameful amount of time walking through the city, trying to find the hottest chick, the weirdest looking blokes or just unexpected combination of looks and abilities and recruit them.

Problem is the game is held back by it's Ubisoft game design, which has come to mean forgettable story, bland characters, repetitive enemy stronghold based mission structure. Randos still feel lifeless until you recruit them. This problem is compounded by the fact you could be using any character with any personality or abilities at any given point, which means they had to design all the dialogue, story beats, and even mission design as broad, vague, and impersonal as possible so it would fit no matter who your character is.

I can confidently say it would have worked out much better if they built the game around a team of 5-8 recruits with set roles to play, and unique dialogue to the role, so they could have an actual story. Each of those 5-8 could still be any rando from the street, but once you recruit them you have to slot/train them in a one of the specific jobs on the team, so they'll become a particular character with specific voiced lines. Say, the spy is one such set role, and they will always say the same thing in the story no matter who they are. Missions could even be designed around their skillset. That would have given the game much more flavor.

I've been playing hours of this on end and like others have said, it's the recruitment mechanic that gives this game any value at all. It is unlike anything I've ever played in a AAA game. I'm sure some rogue like indie games have something like this (or pokemon), but it feels like a glimpse into the future. The ambition of it is staggering. I have spent a shameful amount of time walking through the city, trying to find the hottest chick, the weirdest looking blokes or just unexpected combination of looks and abilities and recruit them.

Problem is the game is held back by it's Ubisoft game design, which has come to mean forgettable story, bland characters, repetitive enemy stronghold based mission structure. Randos still feel lifeless until you recruit them. This problem is compounded by the fact you could be using any character with any personality or abilities at any given point, which means they had to design all the dialogue, story beats, and even mission design as broad, vague, and impersonal as possible so it would fit no matter who your character is.

I can confidently say it would have worked out much better if they built the game around a team of 5-8 recruits with set roles to play, and unique dialogue to the role, so they could have an actual story. Each of those 5-8 could still be any rando from the street, but once you recruit them you have to slot/train them in a one of the specific jobs on the team, so they'll become a particular character with specific voiced lines. Say, the spy is one such set role, and they will always say the same thing in the story no matter who they are. Missions could even be designed around their skillset. That would have given the game much more flavor.
Have you played State of Decay 2? Its about scavenging, recruiting and building a small community. It's brilliant at harder difficulty.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
The game has a very soft look to it, so I use reahade to make it clear and crisp.
BUT then the photo mode blurs everything, making screenshots a muddy mess.
Also, you can't hide the UI. You need to take a photo, open the picture, then you can hide the UI and take a screenshot.

Photo mode in AC Odyssey was way better. Why, Ubi? Why do you make your screenshots ugly?

b0uncyfr0

From what I'm reading - it's basically the game gameplay as WD2? You can still see enemies everywhere and the AI hasn't improved.

My two main gripes from WD2.. Its a skip for me.

Just redeemed the game bundled with my 3080. Going to be playing it in a few minutes.
I don't expect anything grand. I know what to expect from Ubi. But i hope it's at least mildly entertaining.

Okay... Hitman are just borken.

Gunkata + grabbing betray from upgrades makes combat go on easy mode.

I want all of the UK deadsec to be drone experts and hitmen.

The game runs like shit no matter what settings i change.

Everything set to low, AA disabled and it barely reaches 80 fps.

Last edited:
Just redeemed the game bundled with my 3080. Going to be playing it in a few minutes.
I don't expect anything grand. I know what to expect from Ubi. But i hope it's at least mildly entertaining.
Shit I forgot that I can redeem a second copy. I need to do it this week as most likely there's a time limit.

For anyone interested, I found a good way to skip to a time day of your liking. Go into deep profile and select activity time. Click investigate, go to a marker and you can skip time.

scalman

its done over 35hrs , because after 30hrs i mostly did only main missions later. couple side missions but didint do recruit missions anymore until end. so it went to 35hrs .its not bad, i liked it . story i mean , it makes you think what your phone know can evolve into in future with some AI os that would connect everything. scary things.
as much as you can recruit people all missions can be done with just 1 person or mostly 2, never needed more. and those first that you got in first main missions , those are just enough. because cargo drone , some stealth can do almost everything on easy/normal diff settings at least.

Last edited:

SCB3

I'm almost done with the story and I gotta admit, I kinda love playing it, I'm a huge fan of the 2nd game so it's more of that, not a bad thing, at least this one has a good reason for using Lethal weapons as the Clan Kelley are awful people.

However the switching character thing isn't really doing it for me either, I've pretty much stuck to 3 characters and that's only cause 1 died (playing on hard with Permadeath on) as the 3 I have are pretty much good for everything I needed to do

Finally , I'm on PC at 1080p 60fps on a 1060 6gb, mostly medium to high settings and the game is running fine, it's gorgeous and I may take a look at the PS5 version one day

Last edited:
Top Bottom