• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion |OT| To London, for an Ubi Murray

The game runs like shit no matter what settings i change.

Everything set to low, AA disabled and it barely reaches 80 fps.

What's your spec? What settings are you using?

Oh and since when is 80fps an intolerable framerate for a game like this?

Last edited:
What's your spec? What settings are you using?

Oh and since when is 80fps an intolerable framerate for a game like this?

RTX 3080
16gb ram
1440p

Sub 90 fps feels like shit. And I was getting 80 max with everything set to low.
Everything on ultra + raytracing ultra and fps varies between 40 to 70.
DLSS has little effect.

Sub 90fps feels like shit?
RTX 3080
16gb ram
1440p

Sub 90 fps feels like shit. And I was getting 80 max with everything set to low.
Everything on ultra + raytracing ultra and fps varies between 40 to 70.
DLSS has little effect.

Ah well if you are expecting 90+ fps with everything ultra and full ray tracing then, I'm afraid you are out of luck even with a 3080. Just for the LOLs have you tried just going with optimised settings seen here ().

Sub 90fps feels like shit?

Ah well if you are expecting 90+ fps with everything ultra and full ray tracing then, I'm afraid you are out of luck even with a 3080. Just for the LOLs have you tried just going with optimised settings seen here ().

Dude, everything set to low, no raytracing, AA off and it still runs like shit. I'll not even bother trying different settings. There' something wrong with the game.

kikonawa

Dude, everything set to low, no raytracing, AA off and it still runs like shit. I'll not even bother trying different settings. There' something wrong with the game.
how does it compare with the video of digital foundrys advised settings? Can it be cpu bound?

Real talk. I can run it relatively well (Asus TUF 3080 OC, i7 8700k 32GB of RAM, SSD) but I don't see any performance gains when I drop the settings. This game is broken. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Hmmm....I have a 2070 super and can run optimised settings without RT at a locked 60fps (it actually runs up to 75fps).

My spec:

CPU - Ryzen 3600
RAM - 16Gb 3600mhz
GPU - 2070 super
Storage - Nvme 1Tb SSD
Resolution - 4K with DLSS
HDR - On

I don't do overclocking nor have anything else running which could impact performance.

I'm at a loss why you get such low performance.

Last edited:
how does it compare with the video of digital foundrys advised settings? Can it be cpu bound?
That benchmark is misleading. When I ran it was fine. In the real game, performance is way worse.

I have everything set to max and 4k. It runs from 30 to 60. The average is 40 something.

Look who's in London.
Tim Pool!
XaTzG1l.jpg

Character models are terrible. The game performs like shit and looks like shit. I'm glad i didn't pay for it.

Look at RDR2 for fucks sake. I don't have it installed right now but that game is fucking beautiful and i bet it performs way better than WDL.

Last edited:

aries_71

anyway whats deal with those RTX effects , nvidia shows us in its page that rtx off vs on looks like this
VLGrhyt.jpg

ok so its all in reflection resolution ?
because im pretty happy with in game reflections there on gtx 1060
UyhoTiD.jpg

and that looks better clearer in game then in this compressed screenshot
so why i need rtx in those situation i dont know.. to have clearer reflection in puddles. but will it be clearer like in 1080p game res anyway. and why do i need it .. its not like we dont have reflections in puddles from engine , because we do have and very good ones.
Been said before, but I even find the reflections with RTX off more realistic than the super cristal clear mirror like reflections with RTX on. Puddles are not that clean and static in reality.

Last edited:

scalman

yh i dont buy those too clear reflections , thats not how they work in real life i think. or at least they should look more blury and wavy not just crisp clear image.

sertopico

Wow, this game's heavy, and I am on a 10700k@5ghz and a 3080 ftw3 ultra. The CPU usage is crazy (which is good) but the gpu is a tad underused, maybe because of dlss. I've been able to max out settings only by playing at my native res (1440p) with dlss set on quality. Most of the times it stays above 60 fps but there are some dips in the 50's. I added a little bit of extra sharpness to improve the situation and it looks good I must say. I find extremely important to tune brightness, gamma and contrast in order to get the best colors possible, leaving those settings at default will make the image look flat and lifeless. Speaking of which, how did you people set those sliders? I am still looking for some good values (I own a xb270hu).

Last edited:

Roufianos

Just watched the Easy Allies review, it made the game look pretty good actually but man, the humour looks absolutely awful. Worse than Borderlands.

That really in your face, obnoxious humour with no subtlety isn't a London thing, idiots.

TMLT

The game is unintentionally hilarious imo. The glitchiness, the "wtf?" accents, the massive overuse of roadman slang by people that clearly dont quite "get" it, the ham fisted attempts at political commentary etc etc.

Oh dont forget law enforcement calling you a "twat waffle" while trying to gun you down.

arghh i have it a wall in the game.....was having so much fun finding and building up a roster but the later missions are just fucking long grinds and because there is not one central character you are not really that invested in the story
finding myself doing 1 or 2 missions then turning it off

I am Gathering recording evidence against Cass

TheKratos

2080ti/i9900k here. Tweaking a few settings and I can get the game to run 55-60 FPS at 4k with Ultra Ray Tracing (honestly Ray Tracing is a must in this game, turn it off and it looks completely different).

The first 4 GFX options are the heaviest it seems (geometry, texture, shadows, environment) so I put those on high (not ultra). All the rest on the highest setting. DLSS on balanced.

sertopico

The heaviest are the nvidia shadows, they used those they implemented in Watch Dogs 2 too. HTFS or something like that. Once set on ultra they are enabled. Also the extra details slider should be set at no more than 20-25%.

Agreed Ray Tracing is great but it's such a resource hog it's not worth it for me. Having reflections at high (as are most settings) is good enough for me. 2070 super/3600 @ 4k 60fps locked with DLSS.

Last edited:
2080ti/i9900k here. Tweaking a few settings and I can get the game to run 55-60 FPS at 4k with Ultra Ray Tracing (honestly Ray Tracing is a must in this game, turn it off and it looks completely different).

The first 4 GFX options are the heaviest it seems (geometry, texture, shadows, environment) so I put those on high (not ultra). All the rest on the highest setting. DLSS on balanced.
What's your framerate when driving through the city? The build in benchmarking tool is pretty much useless.

Floats around 50 with 45 minimum. Forgot to mention I put shadows in medium.
Good results. Should be absolute playable on a variable refresh rate screen. I agree with you that RTX on high / ultra is the only way to play it. It completely transforms the game.

TheKratos

Good results. Should be absolute playable on a variable refresh rate screen. I agree with you that RTX on high / ultra is the only way to play it. It completely transforms the game.

Yeah I have a GSYNC TV maybe that's why I'm not too bothered by frame dips, usually even a few dips bother me but here it seems ok (unless I go all the way at 30fps).

Yeah I have a GSYNC TV maybe that's why I'm not too bothered by frame dips, usually even a few dips bother me but here it seems ok (unless I go all the way at 30fps).
Gsync TV was the best upgrade I did this year. Definitely a must for next-gen living room gaming.

Mista

Banned
I am really trying to enjoy the game. Apart from the garbage performance on PC, the characters are dead. Fuck whoever thought voice modulation is a good idea. Not a single character is memorable apart from Bagley and he’s a damn AI 😂

aries_71

When the game is good it really shines. I have strong Hitman and Deus Ex vibes playing some missions. Difficulty at hard level and permadeath on is a must.

I infiltrated an Albion base in order to destroy some new tech drone plans. I used one of my preferred operators, an Albion employee that looks and talks like a pencil pusher accountant.

There were plenty of ways and different paths to infiltrate the base. I decided to enter it from the main door, looking as a normal employee. Lots of tension to avoid to having my disguise discovered. Inside, I had to use drones and spider bots to access several computers and keys. I had to navigate some computer innards with a micro drone. I was able to fetch a relic and a new mask. Mission successful without alerting or incapacitating anybody. Exited through a back door and stole a new generation electric vehicle to escape.

All in all, pretty fantastic

Compsiox

Banned
I'm sure some of you figured out this out by now but on PC you alt-f4 at the switch operator screen after you lost the op and get them back. Undermines the whole permadeath thing but yep.

Rob_27

Which will look better in RT, when will the comparisons start for Xbox Series and PS5 so I know which to buy.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
While my initial impressions of the game were ok I have gone and just uninstalled it. I've played all Ubisoft games and for some reason while Legion mechanically works it's also a chaotic boring mess and the fact that the story/characters/voice acting and mission design are so shit it just ruined my mood completely. Literally almost all missions I had to do besides the scripted/loading into new area ones wwas just me flying over on my drone hacking/destroying and thats it. Every single mission takes like 5-10 minutes at best and just a minute at worst. It took me an hour to do all the map missions. There was no challenge. I'm playing on hard and permadeath and NONE of my characters died. The AI is so dumb and you get so many tools and ways that you'd have to be pretty stupid to die. The game needs some linearity in its mission design instead of just opening it up to the max. Not a bad game but it's a waste of time.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've been having a difficult time getting into games lately, so maybe that's it. But I've played this for about 7 hours and I just can't get into it. These sandbox GTA style games bore the hell out of me anymore.

I mean, maybe if I stick with it, it would click for me, but no main character kinda makes this boring your character feels generic. Also the same hacking elements and such have gotten stale for me.

I'll probably go back to it at some point.

aries_71

What is your strategy while trying to hold a position during a set amount of time? Those missions where you have to hack/download a computer, while staying inside a small blue circle, and waves of enemies converge to your position. Sometimes I'm fighting a wave to the front and the damn game spawns some armed clowns to my back. Result: I can kiss goodbye by mini-skirted high-heeled hot spy that I had to comb an entire fucking London full of ugly people to recruit.

I lost some pretty good operators doing those missions, and I don't seem to find a way to play them cautiously. Spiderbot is of no use in those situations, since its quickly identified, destroyed and the timer resets.

Damn, my hot spy, I miss her so.

sertopico

Is there a way to make the hud disappear when in screenshot mode, so that I can save a screen with an external tool? Those captured by the game have a really shitty quality. And, is there any hotkey that allows me to disable the hud on the fly without having to go back to the game menu all the time?

aries_71

Upon further reflection, you can see that the game must have been subject to some serious gameplay redesigns. There's stuff that just doesn't make sense. For example, entire "special operators" are made redundant via tech upgrades; a "drone expert" is not needed once you unlock drone betrayal hacks or missiles drones.
A "driveway expert" is useless since there's not really any mission where you have to make a car escape. Quiet feet perks are rendered useless by active camo tech upgrade. Electric shock perks are made redundant by the disrupt tech upgrade. And so on...

A pity, it's a lost opportunity and in my opinion a poorer game than WD1/2 with less options.

regawdless

Banned
I'm not very far into the game, but I hate my team.

The guy who I've chosen at the start, he's kinda ok. He has no useful skills though.
But then a trashy older women hacker expert joined me with a terrible voice, she also looks stupid. 60 years old, noise piercings, neck tattoo, purple tiger pattern pants, crack face. Great.
Then I had to recruit the construction worker. Picked a guy who I thought looked ok. Turns out his voice sucks, boring character and he has a wannabe london but latino accent.

Guess I really have to find some good recruits before continuing the story. Need some cool boys and gals.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
Finished some missions and as a reward, an assassin joined my team. You know, these cool gun martial arts bad asses. Who do I get? Again, fugly female with the most annoying voice ever.

Why can't I get people who I actually like to play as? Don't push these stupid ass annoying people on me! What is this? Fuckface simulator 2020?

Last edited:

sertopico

Finished some missions and as a reward, an assassin joined my team. You know, these cool gun martial arts bad asses. Who do I get? Again, fugly female with the most annoying voice ever.

Why can't I get people who I actually like to play as? Don't push these stupid ass annoying people on me! What is this? Fuckface simulator 2020?
That's what you get when you let a random face/voice generator take over. Voice acting and faces are some of the worst, everytime I listen to some dialogue I get a sense of disgust mixed with an uncontrollabe feeling of punching them in the face. That faked out british accent, the acting itself, everything is irritating. Not like WD2 characters, but we are close.

Top Bottom