• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion |OT| To London, for an Ubi Murray

regawdless

Banned
That's what you get when you let a random face/voice generator take over. Voice acting and faces are some of the worst, everytime I listen to some dialogue I get a sense of disgust mixed with an uncontrollabe feeling of punching them in the face. That faked out british accent, the acting itself, everything is irritating. Not like WD2 characters, but we are close.

The dialogue and voice acting are abysmal. It really is an achievement. I usually like the british accent a lot, but they make me hate it.

Personally I found WD 2 to have way better characters and voice acting. The vibe of the game grew on me. Was disgusted at first, but it was very coherent and won me over.

The world of Legion has beautiful environments but the rest is just annoying. Why do all my characters with the best abilities have to be women above 50, ugly, have a terrible voices and have bad running animations? I actually try hard to like your game, Ubi!

Little Chicken

Gold Member
Having loved Chicago and San Francisco in the previous games, WDL's London took a while to gel with me and I was really looking forward to the setting. I suggest if you're in the same boat to just travel by foot for a while and discover the city, it's quite detailed and is warming on me.

Where can I get another assassin? I honestly don't know. It was a special reward for clearing out one part of the city. Are they running around?

No not really - I too lost mine. However, even on Hard/Permadeath you can pretty much use anyone else (who has a decent gun) to achieve whatever result you are after (ie shooting the place up as opposed to being stealthy).

Starfield

What's going on with Ubisoft's obsession with terrible fashion? all the over-the-top colors, moronic face tattoos, and hipster hairstyles are offputting as all hell.
Watchdogs is basically a hipster franchise now, what do you expect?

regawdless

Banned
They are all crap. I got 10+ hours on the clock and I'm yet to find a decent looking character. What I'm doing is putting hoodie, glasses, hat and face mask on each of them so I don't have look at them.

Exactly what I'm doing. I found one cool looking woman and one guy. Currently recruiting her, she is a drone expert. The guy has no skills but a decent voice and character so I'm keeping him for now.

Esppiral

Can someone confirm if the game is enhanced for Xbox Series X? it looks like it and the reflection look like are raytraced but the resolution of the game is super low it looks super blurry.....

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
Is it just me or are the time of day shifts very abrupt? It's not a smooth slow Change, but it gets way darker inside a couple of seconds.

Freeman76

Series X issue, is this just me? The water looks like its fizzing almost, like a low res shimmering effect. The same thing is on silver trim on cars, and some surfaces. Everything else is really sharp and looks amazing. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

Warablo

I think I am done with this game for now, every time I load back in my progress didn't save or barely any progress did save. (XSX)

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think I am done with this game for now, every time I load back in my progress didn't save or barely any progress did save. (XSX)
I'm in the same boat - played for about 25 hours this weekend. Had about 40 hours total on my save, had two of the four main missions branches totally completed.

Lost power here for about 30 minutes. When it came back, I booted up the game and my save was around the 15 hour mark. I've obviously really enjoyed my time with this game but there is no way I'm going to spend another 25 hours doing the same missions over that I've already completed just to get back to where I was in the story. I guess cloud saves either didn't work right or didn't happen eiter. Pretty pissed about it honestly and it's completely soured my take on the game which before this was quite positive.

Warablo

I'm in the same boat - played for about 25 hours this weekend. Had about 40 hours total on my save, had two of the four main missions branches totally completed.

Lost power here for about 30 minutes. When it came back, I booted up the game and my save was around the 15 hour mark. I've obviously really enjoyed my time with this game but there is no way I'm going to spend another 25 hours doing the same missions over that I've already completed just to get back to where I was in the story. I guess cloud saves either didn't work right or didn't happen eiter. Pretty pissed about it honestly and it's completely soured my take on the game which before this was quite positive.
That is just horrible. Its a decent fun game I want to continue playing around with, but they really need a patch.

Warablo

So I just did some missions, now afraid of turning off my game. Just have it on the Watch Dogs storefront in the pause menu and the store items won't even load their icons properly.

Connxtion

So I just did some missions, now afraid of turning off my game. Just have it on the Watch Dogs storefront in the pause menu and the store items won't even load their icons properly.
It’s only meant to be an issue with auto save, if you fast travel or complete a mission/leave safe house it should save fine.

I also find being connected to ubi server (so you can view the store in the game) fixes auto save for the most part.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
I can't believe people are using this game to compare the next gen systems 😄 2 minutes in and you can clearly see this is a last gen game with a slight gloss of next gen paint.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
On PC with mouse aiming, man this game is easy when you have someone with a rifle. Just go in there and headshot the incredibly stupid AI.

I started using my worst team members on purpose and even then, knowing all the enemy positions through cameras and drones eliminates all the challenge.

Still kinda fun tbh, I just breeze through these missions and follow the story. Nice fast food game if you haven't played an open world game recently.

Roni

Gold Member
Felt the Cyberpunk delay so gave this a chance: it's Assassin's Creed + The Division + Watch Dogs.

The setting and setup is London becomes a third world dictatorship and you play as the Resistance. You start off with a single character and can recruit anyone in the world you see: some require upgrades and extra missions and some you can be locked out from recruiting through your own actions.

The game is pretty ambitious, but it's clear Ubisoft is on the opposite end of the spectrum from something like FromSoftware: the game is extremely accessible. To the point the gameplay pillars can't be too deep or else Ubi risks someone not getting it.

I, particularly, don't mind it. It's the best parts of their earlier games and with a modern setting.

If you want a modern day Assassin's Creed, this is it: specially after Origins' design overhaul.

There's even an actual Assassin in the DLC characters. The biggest thing I see people complaining about is the fact that you can't build an Uber character that can do it all.

The game forces you to rotate between characters because the abilities are locked to them. I think that's pretty cool given the game's premise.

All in all, I'd say it's a 8/10 if you like Ubisoft's core design. 6/10 if you don't.

For that 10/10 they would need to either go deeper on the gameplay or go bigger on the interiors in the world.

Last edited:

Camreezie

Just played the first two hours. This game is so buggy it would make Bethesda blush , had black screens upon load up making it unplayable and AI characters falling to the ground every two seconds when trying to run away. I thought Ubisoft delayed this and a few other games to "rethink their focus on the quality of the game"

Last edited:

Warablo

It’s only meant to be an issue with auto save, if you fast travel or complete a mission/leave safe house it should save fine.

I also find being connected to ubi server (so you can view the store in the game) fixes auto save for the most part.
Nah, the game is completely busted on the Series X. It literally won't save, its a huge issue on the Watch Dogs forums with a 70+ pages of it. To top it all off, Ubisoft isn't urgently trying to patch it. Just sometime in December. I think its been this way since launch.

regawdless

Banned
The game forces you to rotate between characters because the abilities are locked to them. I think that's pretty cool given the game's premise.

This is actually one of my main issues with the game so far. It does not force you at all to use different characters. The game is so incredibly easy and the AI so braindead, that you can just go into every mission guns blazing and easily make it. Of course exceptions being the story missions where you have to recruit certain people.

Ubi makes sure there is no frustration. They give you everything you need.
For example, if a Spiferbot is needed, there is one nearby. Only some collectibles require certain skills.

Night.Ninja

Banned
This games not to bad, I can appreciate the attention to detail in the streets l.

Auto drive is pretty cool reminds me of the taxis in GTA 4.

I don't like the way everything feels very small, no real scale to the city.

I only played watch dogs 1 for about an hour but it feels like there's less tecky stuff in this game especially when driving.

I'm actually enjoying it

Certinty

It’s not a bad game. The city is great, gameplay is solid and it’s overall just dumb fun.

But yes, a lot of it is quite bad. The characters, voice acting and mission design are all shit poor.

regawdless

Banned
The storyline with that Skye chick was quite interesting, I liked it. Shame that your decision has no consequences whatsoever.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
5Y7bYjb.png

regawdless

Banned
Infiltrating bases is quite fun and the story is somewhat fine in general, has its ups and downs. But man, is there a lot of stuff that destroys the immersion and makes no sense.
Like, we are that hacker group that takes on the government and big corp. But apparently DeadSec is extremely easy to find and to capture. Everyone can call and meet them, everyone recognizes them, if you cause casualties, your operatives get captured all the time.

It's so inconsistent. Inconsistent is the word to best describe the whole game. Even the visuals range from drab and ugly to holy shit amazing.

I'll finish the story quickly and then jump into Cyberpunk only.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
How easy would it be for the government to infiltrate Dead Sec when operatives just go up to random people in the street and say "hey you need some hackin' from Dead Sec guv'nuh?"

Top Bottom