• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs : Legion - PC System Requirements

vov87ojnicn51.jpg

Good concept having different requirements depending on resolution etc. But... these are all over the place. I doubt a 2080 ti can run with ray tracing at 4k if a 2070 only manages 1080p. Also no mention of frame rates but I hope it's 60 fps.

Last edited:

Stuart360

It's just the VRAM capacity of the recommended card.

You will be fine with 10 and 8 GB at 4K.
Yeah they are just listing the vram of the cards they list.
Plus vram is almost always overstated with these spec lists. I have run texture packs that 'need' 8gb of vram, yet only use around 5gb of my 980ti's 6gb of vram.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
No i'm sure your eyes are fine, its just a Ubisoft game so it auto 'looks bad' by default. It really doesnt though.
If you think this looks bad for an open world city -

Then its going to be a long gen for you.

Lighting suck in my honest opinion, it looks "plasticky" and liek without proper shadows. Me don't like. I am big fan of WD 2 by the way, way better than GTA V...

Shrap

Damn, I wish more games would show requirements like this. Surprisingly small file size considering it's a big open world game.

Those requirements are steep though. Interested to see the performance results with DLSS enabled.

Droxcy

RTX 4k it is. Hopefully it makes it somewhat playable and enjoyable I love London so kinda looking forward to it.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Is watch dogs 2 any good? Should it be played before this or is the franchise hot garbage now? For full disclosure I did like the first one.

CitizenX

Banned
Is watch dogs 2 any good? Should it be played before this or is the franchise hot garbage now? For full disclosure I did like the first one.

Felt old in design and the woke narrative, fck me. Real shame as usual the environments are well done and the voice acting is on point but as usual the writing in any Ubisoft game is trash.

Does resolution actually affect RAM requirements, as suggested by the 8 vs 16 GB requirements for 1080p and 1440p? I thought only VRAM was affected by resolution.
Good catch. This is maybe a typo and the 2nd one is "medium settings at 1080p" and not "high settings at 1080p" since a res bump doesn't increase RAM usage.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Felt old in design and the woke narrative, fck me. Real shame as usual the environments are well done and the voice acting is on point but as usual the writing in any Ubisoft game is trash.

That's me out then, shame.

Their games have become more and more a "miss" than a "hit" over the past few years for me and I enjoyed a good amount of their franchises.

AGRacing

Gold Member
PR mistake on the "11GB" obviously. NVIDIA should have seen this immediately and quashed it.

Last edited:

nkarafo

So, the 3070 and 3080 are already out of date. Good to know.

11GB. This is why I'm getting a 3090.
So the solution is to get the most expensive, over the top card? You are still supporting Nvidia big time this way. Its like they did this on purpose so they can sell the big card. The sensible solution would be to wait for the inevitable VRAM upgraded cards and let Nvidia chocke on stocking the current ones.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

So the solution is to get the most expensive, over the top card? You are still supporting Nvidia big time this way. Its like they did this on purpose so they can sell the big card. The sensible solution would be to wait for the inevitable VRAM upgraded cards and let Nvidia chocke on stocking the current ones.

I want the performance increase over the 3080 as well.

R6Rider

Gold Member

WD2 was one of my favorite games of 2016 and I enjoyed it much more than GTAV as a freeroam sandbox game. The online hacking game is fun as hell, and co-op is great. Most alive world in any game I've played hands down. Story was too "edgy" for some people, but I didn't mind it and it has plenty of fun missions with lots of ways to approach objectives.

I might reach 120+ fps on my 1440p monitor with my upcoming RTX 3080. And if not I can definitely do it with DLSS. Buttery smooth.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Yeah and people were saying 10GB in the 3080 will be fine? We have not even started the next gen yet and the VRAM is outdated. Looks like I will hold off on that 3080.

Dr.D00p

What's up with this dual-channel setup for RAM?

I only got one 16gb stick, is that a problem?

Yes its a bottleneck compared to dual channel but don't worry about it too much, you'll only be losing a handful of FPS at most...only really a problem if that loss would take you below the acceptable (IMO) 30fps minimum framerate.

scalman

Looks like gtx 1060 will be good to go for 1080p and with some settings lewered some could be ultra then.
As allways shadows will eat fps then some fog so those lowered some will let other settings go higher.

Last edited:

Denton

Happy about DLSS and RTX inclusion, but I will wait for full version with the Aiden DLC included. Mafia and Cyberpunk will suffice for now.

GymWolf

A game that look like this already need more than 10gb of vram (same for avengers)...

giphy.gif

Also why in the fuck raising up the resolution need a more powerfull cpu? Isn't the exact opposite? The more the resolution the more loadwork is on the gpu... And arent't ultra details still related mostly to the gpu??

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
RTX 3080 ain't even out yet and it's already not good enough. 11GB VRAM for 4K with or without raytracing and it wants 8GB for 1440p.

LOL

The 3080 is DOA. Nvidia ya gone done played yourself.

my advice: get a 3090 or wait for 3080 Ti and hope it has 20GB instead of 12GB.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
No big deal, just run at low detail. Scalability, etc.

tell that to people dropping money on a 3080 tomorrow....lol "just play at low settings" haha. good one :messenger_tears_of_joy:

the thing is...any card with more VRAM is gonna be more expensive. so still gonna be spending a lot.

nah, i'm just dropping the £1,400 next week for the 3090 and calling it a day. i ain't waiting about for a 3080 Ti lol.

Does resolution actually affect RAM requirements, as suggested by the 8 vs 16 GB requirements for 1080p and 1440p? I thought only VRAM was affected by resolution.
how do you think textures get into VRAM?

drive > cpu/ram > gpu/vram.

yeah RAM matters. higher resolution and you need more.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Nice to see DX12 there, finally. All of the CPU intensive titles from Ubi like AssCreeds and WDs were DX11 this entire gen on PC even though the console versions must have been low-level GNM/DX12 API counterparts.

🙄 DX12 may have improved perf in those titles. As evidenced by the screenshot below:

iKCAyqq.png

Current DX11 perf in AC: Origins:

zdWeG6Q.png

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
RTX 3080 ain't even out yet and it's already not good enough. 11GB VRAM for 4K with or without raytracing and it wants 8GB for 1440p.

LOL

The 3080 is DOA. Nvidia ya gone done played yourself.

my advice: get a 3090 or wait for 3080 Ti and hope it has 20GB instead of 12GB.

Yeah and people were saying 10GB in the 3080 will be fine? We have not even started the next gen yet and the VRAM is outdated. Looks like I will hold off on that 3080.

This has been addressed already, the VRAM number is just what the specific card listed has. Why aren't you reading the thread before going dramatic?

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Why are some people in this thread are so fucking stupid . It's just listing the graphics card's in requirement VRAM capacity , not the actual VRAM requirement . Make use of the brain slightly before posting nonsense .

Also good to see DLSS2.0 is supported . Mark my words DLSS is going to be huge and mainstream across PC titles and people will quickly forget about VRAM

Last edited:

iorek21

Yes its a bottleneck compared to dual channel but don't worry about it too much, you'll only be losing a handful of FPS at most...only really a problem if that loss would take you below the acceptable (IMO) 30fps minimum framerate.

This is the first time I hear that this is a problem... In what cave have I been living? Jeez

But that’s also very weird, because I’ve never really felt anything wrong with my PC in gaming (as far as I know), I run the most demanding games with almost everything set to ultra with no real problems at 1080p/60...

My other components are a i7 6700 and a 1070, maybe they compensate somehow? 🧐

Zephir

I have a CPU strong enough for 1080p high with raytracing, but since my GPU is a gtx 1650 super with 4gb vram, I can't go past low settings....I guess I'll be 1080p mid-settings?

Top Bottom