• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legions Upscaled 4k on XSX

Yoboman

According to Alex from Digital Foundry, it is dynamic 4k:

ElnBHT7XEAsFJ0Y

ElnIPpBW0AAOD0s

Footage is from Series X, no word on PS5

Credit to THEAP99

According to Alex from Digital Foundry, it is dynamic 4k:

ElnBHT7XEAsFJ0Y

ElnIPpBW0AAOD0s

jigglet

Banned
No surprise. I don't understand why people are expecting these consoles to perform miracles. The XBSX is on par with the 2080 right? That struggles to run pretty much 90% of games at 4k60. Say consoles are 10-20-30% more optimised due to their closed nature, that's still miles from what is needed.

I swear people have had their heads in the sand for so long about this. IMO if you want optimal performance out of these next gen consoles 1440p is the sweet spot...just as it is on PC.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What I expected with all that RT usage.
but like I said in the AC thread I want to see the differences in settings. Soon

BluRayHiDef

Banned
This game admittedly looks much better on PC when playing it directly rather than watching recorded footage of it on YouTube (duh!). However, it's still ridiculous that even a Ryzen 3950X combined with an RTX 3090 and 64GBs of DDR4 can't run this game in 4K with maximum settings (without ray tracing) at sixty frames per second; the frame rate ranges from the mid forties to mid fifties most of the time, occasionally hitting 58 to 60 frames per second.

THEAP99

Banned
keeps expectations in check i supposed. lots of unsclaed 4k everywhere.

it's no joke when so many insiders have said the power gap is so close this time and first party content is more important than ever since the power difference isn't a main selling point no more.

i am sick of 4k being slapped on everything, fuck ubisoft

and also, that footage wasn't impressive, seemed kinda blurry anyways

Last edited:

Denton

I said these consoles were weak when they were released. All you had to do was compare them to the 2080Ti. And that card wasn't cutting the mustard on a lot games at 4k.
I would not say they are weak. I mean just because they are not as fast as most expensive GPU on the market (until 3090 came out) does not mean they are weak - relative to previous gen and its jaguars and lowend radeon, these consoles are lot stronger compared to PC hardware available relative to release.

Banned
Dynamic 1080p, reduced ray tracing, and reduced graphic detail.

since it is dynamic 4K on SX I bet the upper limit on SS will be 1440p.
both the SX and the SS as well as the PS5 will only actually reach the upper end in scenes with very low amounts of RT effects and not much going on tho I assume.

the SS could also maybe use an agressive VRS setting in order to boost performance... but I don't know if anyone found any evidence of VRS in this trailer... not that it would be easy with all that Youtube compression

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
You need RTX 3090 to do 4k30 locked at ultra settings.

4K30 is not cutting it; 30 frames per second feels choppy. I can tolerate fifty to fifty nine frames per second, because it still feels smooth. However, anything less than that feels choppy and obviously increasingly so as the frame rate gets lower.

So, I've settled on playing the game at 4K with maximum settings but with ray tracing turned off, and I actually have a 3090. Hopefully the game is patched in the future and becomes easier to run at maximum settings.

Y'all gotta stop using Ubisoft games as a barometer for power... legit, you know this ain't the shit to do but you guys keep doing it. An RTX 3090 can barely keep this bullshit at 4k60, fuck!

Edit: I took the day off, went to Sausalito and did some day drinking... apologies, If I am coming off more aggressive than usual :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom