• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Media Coverage [Starts April 23]

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping the game will look great but I'm pretty cautious right now. I have it pre-ordered to secure the price that I found it for ... but I'm still really unsure about it.

I kinda love the fact that this was delayed really. Would have been completely overshadowed by Grand Theft Auto 5 for me had it come out last year. Fuck, I'm STILL playing GTA5 nearly every day having joined a crew.

I can't wait to jump into this game. Looks phenomenal in my opinion. I love the direction they're taking with the online free roam.

Teddified

I'm posting my shit on wednesday.

Preview + interview with Jonathan Morin (I've asked a few questions from fellow gaffers)

Nice, looking forward to it.

Really interested into how this game plays out, I'm hoping the combat/driving is fun. I'm not really expecting too much out of the story, it might be OK but hopefully it isn't too serious. I guess I'm moreso just looking forward to hearing what can be done in the world, whether it be hacking it or just interacting with it.

DrBo42

I just want someone to let us know if the game is complete shite, especially on PS4. Can that happen this week?

eshwaaz

Despite the swell of negativity around here, I'm still excited for Watch Dogs. Looking forward to more footage and info. Perhaps it will disappoint, but I'm still hopeful. Then again, I enjoyed both Far Cry 3 and Black Flag, which apparently represent everything wrong with modern gaming, so what do I know. ;)

Paganmoon

I expect 85+ on metacritic

There's just no way in hell that the game won't be good and successful.

Nah, it'll be 75.

I would not be surprised if it ends up being one of Ubisofts most profitable ventures this year.

It sure as hell is going to be profitable (they're getting my money at least), but doesn't prevent it from being a 75 on metacritic (Which I can agree with, 75 +/- 5).

Stealth Edit:

Damnit antitrop...

Being good isn't a prerequisite for being successful, see Assassin's Creed 1.

I just really hope they shown some footage of someone just messing around in the world

This is really key to any open world game. It's the main reason why I didn't enjoy GTA4 as much as the other games in the series. It just wasn't fun to mess around in the world.

AdanVC

Since I'm getting the Wii U version I'm not that excited because it's released until Fall. But ohhh damn, whatever. *hype*

Certinty

Can't wait, by far my most anticipated announced next-gen title right now. Think it will definitely get a Metacritic score in the 80s.

Jburton

Banned
I bet it will be mostly PS4 footage (the PC footage many wet their pants over until they found out it was PS4).

Was impressed by the PAX footage.

Dawg

This is really key to any open world game. It's the main reason why I didn't enjoy GTA4 as much as the other games in the series. It just wasn't fun to mess around in the world.

A lot of people are/were afraid the open world stuff would be too serious. Too many restrictions like Assassin's Creed where you can't even kill civilians or you get desynced.

This game will obviously carry some stuff from Assassin's Creed, but not as much as people might think. Hell... there's even stuff in the game that you can easily compare to Saints Row because it's pretty crazy/fun.

But yeah, I'm sure all of that will be explained wednesday.

K.Sabot

I agree that the revenge story is so played out and dumb that I stopped caring about the game.

And hacking looks so fucking lame too. All of the hacking shown so far is because the main character was given a magic phone that hacks what he wants at the press of a button. I had my doubts that the main character was a hacker at all until they had to straight up say it in the story trailer.

I really hope I'm wrong, but it just looks like another open world shooting/driving game with contextual powers.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yeah, Dawg. You're getting me excited. Can't wait for tomorrow for new gameplay and Wednesday for your coverage.

casmith07

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think they'll give us a good game to play...

Hope we see some good stuff and we finally solve the mystery of the "downgrade."

Also, with a pretty good system running a GTX 760, should I get this for PC or PS4?

A lot of people are/were afraid the open world stuff would be too serious. Too many restrictions like Assassin's Creed where you can't even kill civilians or you get desynced.

This game will obviously carry some stuff from Assassin's Creed, but not as much as people might think. Hell... there's even stuff in the game that you can easily compare to Saints Row because it's pretty crazy/fun.

That's really good to hear. When it was first shown it definitely gave off GTA4 vibes of taking itself way too seriously by trying to be too grounded in realism. I know recent trailers have shown off some weirder things, but it's good to hear that the rest of the game isn't pushing too much toward realism. GTAV showed a good balance between realism and just fun game design.

kriskrosbbk

Sorry for the full bag of questions but...Do you have some personal PS4 footage you can share with us...well on wednesday?

Mikey Jr.

Kinda glad there was a delay. Yeah, it sucked back then when it was delayed. But now, we have 6+ months of extra dev time for this game.

HORRORSHØW

I8Cfq9r.gif

I just want someone to let us know if the game is complete shite, especially on PS4. Can that happen this week?

Previews calling a game shite?

nicolas-cage-laughwqznh.gif

Not the majority, but critical previews are slowly creeping back. If it's shite then RPS will be on top of that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looking forward to it. Now that I've gotten past the downgrade phase, the NPC interaction still looks to be a lot of fun and quite unique.

Sporty

Neo Member
I can not wait.
This game has now become my longest ever 'pre-order' since I grabbed it when I pre-ordered my PS4 almost a year ago.

UnrealEck

"The game is excellent on all platforms. One of the best games I've played in years.

- Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatapatapatalk"

HowZatOZ

Banned
I can guarantee you it isn't complete shit from what I saw ages ago, but if you don't enjoy the GTA open-world style of games than it may not be something for you. Of course, this is going off older footage but I presume the essence of the game is still kept the same.

I have a feeling Watch Dogs will be that GTA but a little bit more tech-sided with more interactions in the world, like stopping traffic lights or shutting down power grids.

pickings are slim on ps4 right now, so watchdogs could still be a hit, unless they decided to do a ps4 version of GTA5 in which case i'd probably just get that.

Top Bottom