• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs specs revealed - 8 core CPU recommended

pa22word

Searched but didn't find anything, figured it be thread worthy considering the uniqueness of an 8 core being recommended.

Minimum:
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Recommended:
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
Processor: Eight core - Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243470/

Yikes, although not that out of the ordinary considering how poorly optimized Anvil seems to be in general when it comes to CPUs >.>

Also, I assume they mean hyperthreading when talking about 8 Core Intel CPU as I don't think intel has released a CPU with 8 physical cores. Makes me wonder if 8 core CPU rec is going to be common place for 8th gen ports...

Scum

7MHUV.gif

PetrCobra

Oh wow. The Wii U version better not be cancelled then or I won't be able to play this. Not with my current rig anyway.

Slipphreake

Neo Member
I hope they did mean hyperthreading. Or maybe they just don't really expect PC gamers to pick it up and really are pushing this as more of a console game.

An i7-3770k recommended? I mean if it is just the 8 threads they are looking for I don't know why they didn't just make the i7 2600k the recommended spec.

Eusis

Wonder how seriously it's required?

Still, it's part of why I favor the idea of getting a new console over a new PC at this moment if you want to play next-gen games: a console is guaranteed to work, while a high end PC might be quickly outpaced. Especially since there really hasn't been a good replacement for CPUs like the i5 2500k just yet, so while the video card upgrade will be worth it you might be caught with your pants down with games like this whether due to legitimately needing 8 cores or just being a poor port.

Salsa

I somehow think my i5 2500k at 4.5ghz is gonna be alright

that said, it's probably terribly optimized in the CPU department, like asscreed

pa22word

Seriously, wow. Thats insane. I wish I had an 8-core i7 pc

Again, I don't think they exist yet. I think intel has played around with 6 physical cores, but I'm pretty sure that model is only a 4 physical core model, with 4 theoretical cores with hyperthreading. Considering that seems like a really shitty way to make up for the difference, I'm guessing this game is going run like ass--just like AC3/4 did.

Gbraga

pretty amazing how this keeps showing up on recommended. previous card before the current 680 and man it was beast

Right? Turn down tessellation and some other stuff and you can probably make the i7 become a i5 just fine, but a 560ti for recommended is crazy!

It may still be an unoptimized mess, but it's too soon to say that just based on the CPU recommended settings.

Well it is Ubisoft.

You do have a point.

Top Bottom