• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs will arrive on Wii U in Fall 2014

Sendou

Who gives a flying fuck. Just cancel it. It's not like they will use GamePad in any meaningful way anyway and this whole thing is an embarrassment.

I mean I'm sure the 5 people who were actually going to buy this (look just because Wii U's upcoming games schedule is a barren wasteland doesn't mean you have to buy every piece of shit they try to ram down your throats) are going to argue otherwise but it's time to face the facts.

fred

2D platformer originally slated as Wii U exclusive sells more on Wii U. Shocking

Except not, because Origin was a mega bomb and Legends wasn't anywhere near as good. I don't think anyone expected Legends to sell well on PS3 or 360, especially with the game coming out around the same time as GTA V (a game which Wii U did not get)

And it's not just about ZombiU, all the other Ubisoft ports to Wii U flopped with Splinter Cell being the biggest offender. You can't blame them really, they're some of the only third party pubs supporting Wii U and they don't get rewarded for it by the fanbase.

I think 'flopped' is a bit too strong a word to use...that would imply that Ubisoft lost money on them. Assassin's Creed III only cost them €1m to port so they've probably made a profit on all of their Wii U titles so far assuming they cost around the same to do.

I'll be getting the Wii U SKU but am going to wait a month or two for the inevitable price drop that always happens for all Ubisoft titles regardless of the platform.

I don't know how Ubisoft make any money tbh, they always have atrocious project management and have hundreds of staff working on each game and then their games always drop in price after being out for a few weeks. I swear someone is cooking their books lololol

LoveCake

I have a WiiU & had WatchDogs DeadSec on pre-order & as soon as i got a PS4 i switched my pre-order from WiiU to PS4 & this was a couple of weeks after Ubi said the WiiU version was going to be deleyed.

It's pointless releasing it on the WiiU imo.

JCX

Was going to buy it on Wii U, but I bet the PS4 version has a price drop by the time Wii U version is new. I have a Vita so offscreen play is covered either way.

Atolm

Well, that's it. Pack it up. The last line of life support has been unplugged. Ubisoft has done enough for the Wii U and they have been loyal and helpful to Nintendo until the very end. Nintendo should be thankful. But just Ubisoft and Nintendo can't keep a console alive, it seems.

What a huge, colossal failure. Even Dreamcast or Saturn can't compare, Dreamcast got a ton of third party exclusives like Soul Calibur, Power Stone, lead developments like Code Veronica...

And Nintendo has to ride this until 2016 or 2017? Alone? Mother of god, the software droughts will put the Kalahari desert to shame.

Mory Dunz

Why even release it?

Does anyone here only own a Wii U??? Doubtful.
If I was getting the game, I would just get it for PC now. Yes, time does matter.

Color me optimistic but I think Ubisoft will release the Wii U version, maybe even by Fall.

But it is clearly being sent out to die and will be the last effort by Ubisoft besides Just Dance. 3rd Party AAA support on the Wii U is truly non-existent. It's worse than the Gamecube

MYE

I'm more concerned about this game being shit on all platforms than the Wii U delay.
I dunno why, but I smell another AC1 type game. A good idea in a sleep inducing first game.

ACIDTITAN

Banned
tumblr_mg9gr85oBg1rxgv80o1_250.gif

Cosmozone

Still don't believe it. I'll get it for full price though if it indeed comes out. Promised it actually because it was so unlikely.

Eh, the childish hate is overflowing here. Just cancel it, because I don't care.

Sendou

I'm more concerned about this game being shit on all platforms than the Wii U delay.
I dunno why, but I smell another AC1 type game. A good idea in a sleep inducing first game.

Just admit it: you are holding that opinion because they delayed the Wii U version :pP

MYE

Just admit it: you are holding that opinion because they delayed the Wii U version :pP

Busted!

By the time the Wii U version releases the PS3 one should be dirt cheap so even if its good I'd rather get it cheaper on PS3 :p
But seriously. I'm not really all that interested in it from what I've seen so far.

NandN3DS

Banned
Too much competition from Nintendo, so they are delaying it. I was not planing on getting it anyway. If they cancel it , it just gives me more reason not to buy games from Ubisoft. Don't release it on a platform I own , I can't buy it.

RE_Player

Stop wasting everyone's time and cancel it. No one will buy this full price months later during release season on a platform with low third party consumption.

RE_Player

I see Ubisoft sticking with the Wii U for the long haul even if we see month long delays like this. Warner Bros will probably lessen or be out this holiday for anything other than Scribblenauts and Activision with Skylanders.

Deadbeat

Banned
Anyone want to do a bet? I bet a 5 dollar game on steam that it will be cancelled. If it ever comes to the wiiu then you win.

A fun little wager.

Fall 2014? Really? 4-5 months after the other versions?

I think "Fall 2014" is a euphemism for "cancellation." Nobody in their right mind who owns a non-Wii U platform Watch_Dogs is releasing on...would wait for the on-par, extremely late Wii U version with little added features.

TheMan

gotta feel sorry for those who own a wiiu and no next-gen systems. constantly shafted by 3rd parties, drying up first party software.

Mlatador

Banned
Weeks or even month ago, I said it makes sense that Ubisoft is releasing the game AFTER May 30th, the date Mario Kart 8 comes out, since Mario Kart is a behemoth of an IP and definitely a system seller.

Whether the time for the delay is really due to them trying their best to make good use of the Gamepad - which if true, would make sense - or not doesn't matter. If the game is available, it's available, and that is never a bad thing.

It pretty silly to read so many posters who already made up their mind to buy Watch Dogs on consoles other than the Wii U asking for the game to be canceled - LOL!

I'm not sure if it will be any good, but if it does end up being good & make good use of the Gamepad, then I'm gonna get it for Wii U because I feel such a game & concept is a perfect fit for the system.

Even if it ends up being JUST another GTA game with cosmetic hacking features, then it wouldn't be bad either, because the Wii U didn't get GTA 5 and that would fill a hole in its games library.

Why the negativity? Fall 2014 isn't such a terrible delay.

Weeks or even month ago, I said it makes sense that Ubisoft is releasing the game AFTER May 30th, the date Mario Kart 8 comes out, since Mario Kart is a behemoth of an IP and definitely a system seller.

Whether the time for the delay is really due to them trying their best to make good use of the Gamepad - which if true, would make sense - or not doesn't matter. If the game is available, it's available, and that is never a bad thing.

It pretty silly to read so many posters who already made up their mind to buy Watch Dogs on consoles other than the Wii U asking for the game to be canceled - LOL!

I'm not sure if it will be any good, but if it does end up being good & make good use of the Gamepad, then I'm gonna get it for Wii U because I feel such a game & concept is a perfect fit for the system.

Even if it ends up being JUST another GTA game with cosmetic hacking features, then it wouldn't be bad either, because the Wii U didn't get GTA 5 and that would fill a hole in its games library.

Why the negativity? Fall 2014 isn't such a terrible delay.

The ONLY REASON IT IS DELAYED is because Ubisoft said "Fuck the Wii U, we're going to take all of the development staff for it and move it to other, more relevant platforms."

It's a fundamentally unnecessary delay that wouldn't have happened if Ubisoft cared enough about the platform. And, Ubisoft has said in the past that it didn't plan to do very much with the Wii U version in terms of added features. So we're getting the same game with a few Gamepad elements 5 months late...for no good reason.

boyshine

I'm keeping my pre-order. (It was only $30.) I'm supporting almost every 3rd party release for Wii U, at least AA/AAA-releases. And if it's some truth to that "Better with GamePad" statement, and it's not just an excuse to explain the delay, then great. Also, I won't buy a PS4 or XBO until there's an exclusive game I really want for those consoles, and that might never happen if the development focus for this generation continue down its current path. I just support what the Wii U is compared to the other consoles, and even if Watch_Dogs in my opinion is part of the overall industry problem, I'll still buy it - for Wii U.

In this Forum, it goes “The Wii U needs more games (that are not Mario, Zelda, ...)“

Ubisoft releases a third party game on Wii U.

In this thread, it goes “Lol, plz cancel, no one buys. Wii U is dead, because no games.“

So, butthurt console warriors, who hate to see the Wii U getting a game that their console(s) of choice get too? Or just generalizing “No one here in this forum buys it so it sells -50 units“?

How good for Ubisoft, to have the always spot on analysis from here, they could lose the all of the invested budget for the development of this version of watch dogs, and not just ~90% with at least some income from the (no doubt here) abysmal sales of this version. Again, an incredible plan, but after the spot-on prediction that the vita cannot fail, it should be no secret that there are absolute biz-wizards here.

Really, let them release it, get some bucks from it, and not lose everything. There will be zero marketing, it will sell bad, but the reactions in here are ridiculous. You don't like this bring released on Wii U, fine, ignore it, don't buy it, but don't act like your opinion is the only correct way to go...

Scoops

Banned
I'll buy it.

I'm WiiU/PC right now and Watch_Dogs is one of the few third party games I'm interested in.

My PC won't be powerful enough for it.

Top Bottom