• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs will arrive on Wii U in Fall 2014

No worries. If that was rumored or reported, I missed it. Last we heard (I thought) was that they weren't as far along on the Wii U version as a result of prioritizing other platforms, and that they wanted to give Bucharest as much time as possible to make sure the Wii U version wasn't garbage.

You really believe that?

Maybe you're misremembering from when they specifically said the ACIV U version had troubles, but the dev team had gotten past it? That's all I can think of, although Ubisoft has yet to put out a solid game on the U(Zombi U, AC3, and SC:B needed several patches) that hasn't been delayed, so this is probably win-win for Wii U only owners.

I think that may have been it. I can't find anything about it, so you're probably right. Regardless, I'm still willing to see if Ubisoft can actually make the Wii U version different enough without being too gimicky.

L Thammy

Can you explain this reasoning to me? I would think that straight up lying to Wii U owners about the viability of the game releasing on the console would generate more bad press, not less.

I mean its better to just straight up say "We don't believe that a console port to the Wii U would be financially viable at this time", because then you're done. You can then join the chorus of third-parties hating Nintendo, and no one blames you for it because after all "Wii U is dead lol".

That was a joke, FYI. There's really nothing in it for Ubisoft to lie. I don't think there's enough potential Wii U-only customers to even care about alienating.

koutoru

At least it's not cancelled.

Maybe they can even apply some of the eventual patches for the game in the Wii U version since it probably won't be updated as much (or at all).

El Sabroso

Sure it will be because the Smartphone app with the system running it itself and displaying trough the Gamepad, but it should at least be packed with all DLC content or at least DLC being free for the console, since it will be 5 months later and for sure full retail price while other versions will be a lot cheaper. Even PC is just 30 USD for all right now.

prag16

Banned
You really believe that?

What are you implying? What's so hard to believe that the Wii U team got pulled to work on the higher priority SKUs, resulting in a delay for the Wii U SKU?

Put aside that tin foil hat for a while... (rare that I'M the one telling somebody else to put the tin foil hat aside...)

That was a joke, FYI. There's really nothing in it for Ubisoft to lie. I don't think there's enough potential Wii U-only customers to even care about alienating.

Joke or not, some gaf'ers definitely seem to actually believe that "joke" theory..

LordOfChaos

Kind of curious what framerates they'll manage on the Wii U. Hopefully it doesn't dip down to 16-20 like Assassins Creed on the U.

oh if only the Wii U would get GTAV love like this, thank God for Ubisoft eh eh?

I still did not support Rayman Legends after that delay for other versions

I will buy a PS4 by June or July hopefully so I'll be free of these kick Wii U owners while they are down bs

I just want my Mario Kart 8 X Bayo2 this year

not sure I'll buy this on PS4 if I can get a GTAV fix on that bad boy

waits for the reviews on this Chicago seems like an interesting setting

NandN3DS

Banned
I'm beginning to think that I should boycott most Wii U 3rd parties and buy more Nintendo games. It will give Nintendo more money directly, and less to 3rd parties who don't care about me as a Wii U owner. Good luck Ubisoft, hope your games fail.

cafemomo

aka cancelled

either that or they are hoping when people pick up smash, they will pick this game up as well

I'm beginning to think that I should boycott most Wii U 3rd parties and buy more Nintendo games. It will give Nintendo more money directly, and less to 3rd parties who don't care about me as a Wii U owner. Good luck Ubisoft, hope your games fail.

You can't be serious.

Magwik

Banned
Where's the joke post about "___ being a disgrace or something and ___ is shameful and should apologize immediately" when I need it?

oh if only the Wii U would get GTAV love like this, thank God for Ubisoft eh eh?

I still did not support Rayman Legends after that delay for other versions

One of the best games on the system, and you're not supporting it because it was delayed? Come on man... at least Ubi is still releasing games for the Wii U!

As for Watch Dogs, I can see this game under performing across the board. If it sells really badly, it doesn't seem far fetched that they would pull the plug on the Wii U version. Still, I'm hopeful the game will turn out well.

Sami+

Where's the joke post about "___ being a disgrace or something and ___ is shameful and should apologize immediately" when I need it?

Ubisoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about third party games on Nintendo consoles (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with Sony or Microsoft where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw over Nintendo, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that Nintendo fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase Watch_Dogs for either system, nor will they purchase any of Ubisoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Ubisoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ubsift, publicly apologize and cancel Watch_Dogs for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC, or you can kiss your business goodbye.

jmizzal

As someone that is currently hyped as fuck for a port of Borderlands 2, it seems weird to see people crushed over a six month delay. If the games good, it'll still be good in six months.

This, people jump for Joy over late ports of Injustice and Tomb Raider on X1/PS4, even The Last of US on PS4, but act like its so bad that WiiU gets Watch Dogs late, yea it would be great to have it at launch but WiiU gamers dont have a whole lot coming and this will be welcome in the Fall. It just needs, all the DLC and gamepad features.

Lizardus

This, people jump for Joy over late ports of Injustice and Tomb Raider on X1/PS4, even The Last of US on PS4, but act like its so bad that WiiU gets Watch Dogs late, yea it would be great to have it at launch but WiiU gamers dont have a whole lot coming and this will be welcome in the Fall. It just needs, all the DLC and gamepad features.

Not saying that I disagree with you but how are these even remotely the same as WiiU Watch_Dogs situation?

They are two different generations.

kirby_fox

Banned
Not sure I even want this game on PS4 at this point.

I was thinking of getting the Wii U version because I figured the gamepad would be worth the downgrade in graphics. But I have a bad feeling on both at this point if the game ever shows up this fall.

jmizzal

Not saying that I disagree with you but how are these even remotely the same as WiiU Watch_Dogs situation?

They are two different generations.

I didnt say its the same situation, but those are still late ports, and a bunch of people was and will gladly double dip on those games. While most people who will buy Watch Dogs on WiiU will be getting it for the first time.

Like has been said, if the game ends of good its still a good game 4-6 months later. Deus Ex HR DC is one of the best games on WiiU and its a 2 year old port.

Shiggy

Strange seeing a bunch of people with no interest in a Wii U version suggesting the Wii U version be canceled. What's the motivation there fellas? Are you actually super concerned with how much money Ubi makes on each platform? Lol.

Perhaps they want Ubi to focus on making new games or getting other already announced games faster.

Shiggy

It is cute how you think that the Wii U port is stopping new games from being made.

Putting a studio on porting a title on a Wii U Port certainly means that these resources won't be used on a new title or on finishing another title faster. Use your brain.

No one's gonna read this post, but did anyone discuss the possibility that it'll be timed to be a "Game of the Year Edition" sort of release, possibly along with the other Watch Dogs versions, so its asking price can be rationally higher?

Majmun

I'm sure that the 3 Wii U users who didn't buy the PC/PS3/PS4/X360/XONE version six months before will be interested.

Wii U version is so DOA.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Completely sent to die. Will get drowned by the fall juggernauts. At the very least it should have all of the DLC.

Top Bottom