• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

border

C'mon... I mean, I LOVE VGs, was super excited for E3 but there's gotta be a line to be drawn somewhere, 'cause this is on the same level of kids screaming and crying for Justin Beaver or whoever's all the rage with teens today.
I mean, the girl with the ponytail was crying tears of joy there and I'm not taking a couple tears or watery eyes, nope, she was full-on sobbing and crying like a fountain... frankly embarrassing.
Hope you guys can see where I'm coming from and won't misunderstand me for a troll.

Dude, it's YouTube. Like every other "reaction" video they're fake as all hell and the people are intentionally hamming it up for the camera.

geomon

I too would like a PM for the spreadsheet. Just want to make sure I made it on there.

Also for MiamiGAF, if Booby Trap is still there, you all want to meet there for post E3 celebration? :p

I totally understand your point, and actually i am more like you. When the new smash was announced i was exited as hell but i was actually just smiling but not acting like girl.

I guess we are just mature players..

Come on now thats hardly the same,
Smash is pretty much guaranteed on a Nintendo console,
Kingdom Hearts had gotten ridiculous with the side suff and hadn't been on a console since 2 in early 2006, thus if it releases in 2016 that would be 10 years since the last main line game which is crazy to think about.
It skipped the entire console generation, It also came out of nowhere nobody was talking about 3 except fans

Mix

I posted it in the spreadsheet, but if anyone in San Antonio wants the meet up, hmu either in PMs or with my phone number. Remember guys, only a few more days!

demolitio

Taking a guess they'll be in the 3D theaters so they can show off the virtual reality in style so you see the stage demos for Morpheus games in 3D?

Oh, and then you look under your seat and an early version of Morpheus is there to test for Sony.

And then you get a new car.

Boss Mog

Not to be a bitch but I kinda hope the gift they give people isn't anything really good because I gave up a chance to go to watch the conference with friends.

Ponn

Banned
Boss★Moogle;113984920 said:
Not to be a bitch but I kinda hope the gift they give people isn't anything really good because I gave up a chance to go to watch the conference with friends.

"And everyone at our E3 Experience theaters watching right now get an exclusive Project Beast themed PS4 with a Project Beast demo preinstalled that is on our show floor!"

meanspartan

Boss★Moogle;113984920 said:

I am going, and while id love a free ps4 and vita and a 60 inch tv, i doubt the prize will be much more than psn credit or something. Theres just too many people going for it to be anything major.

That said, please prove me wrong sony!

rjinaz

Dude, it's YouTube. Like every other "reaction" video they're fake as all hell and the people are intentionally hamming it up for the camera.

To a point. Though I'm not sure how anybody could watch those reaction and not see genuine emotion. That girl was obviously moved to tears and those people screaming genuinely seemed happy. I know people that act that way when not filmed, I've seen them while watching NFL playoffs ha.

I'm personally expecting a few months of PS+ and maybe some kind of physical thing like a coin or some collectible of that nature.
A copy of a game or anything like that feels like a stretch but would be absolutely dope

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Upon first reading the idea I thought it was going to be meh but after it's digested, it looks like it's going to be amazing to watch and take their E3 presser in with other folks.

I'm guessing that it'll be a goodie bag that'll maybe have a shirt, a 3 month or 1 year PSN sub card, and the commemorative collectable will be a limited edition poster.

meanspartan

Friend of mine got waitlisted and is asking what he should do. Does he need to print out the email and get there early and hope people dont show up?

todd360

I'm hoping the surprise gift is a Sony 4k tv. The really cool one with the large speakers.

Everyone should take their trucks just in case that's the gift.
this is the top entry on the things that will never happen list.

So I looked at the email with my ticket confirmation, and noticed that my friend's name is listed twice rather than both of our names being listed once. Anyone else have this issue?

farisr

I was getting hyped for this, but after thuway's tweets about (paraphrasing) keeping tempered expectations for the sony conference, project beast pretty much being the megaton and there are going to be tons of remasters announced, I'm kinda getting double minded whether I want to go or not. It's about an hour's worth of commute for me.

I was getting hyped for this, but after thuway's tweets about (paraphrasing) keeping tempered expectations for the sony conference, project beast pretty much being the megaton and there are going to be tons of remasters announced, I'm kinda getting double minded whether I want to go or not. It's about an hour's worth of commute for me.
Yeah but then Shinobi said something along the lines of "do you really believe that?"
IMO Shinobi >>> Thuway's Twitter feed. Just saying.

I have nothing against thuway, but it's best to be skeptical about his sharing points.

He talked up how the Order demo left a huge impression back in Feb, but it turns out that demo was only 2 minutes long.

Shinobi talked about how GG's new IP unveiling isn't even confirmed yet for this year's E3, yet thuway is already throwing down the bottle.

What about the trademarks? By historical precedence, Sony always announced their trademarked IPs very shortly after the trademark.

Just go. You'll regret not going if it ends up being awesome and you get great swag, but if it sucks it's only a few hours out of your life.

FluxWaveZ

But then one would have to wonder, why would Sony invest in something like this—that I presume has never been done on this scale before (only other similar thing I heard about was Konami's E3 2010 conference, and that was nowhere as big as this)—just to show a bunch of remasters and the usual suspects in Driveclub or The Order 1886?

Really, what does Sony get out of doing something like this? I'd have to think it's so that they can build up buzz around their own press conference and maximize the number of eyes that will be focused on it as it's happening, right? Why would they want to do that if they don't have exciting things to show, when that could only end up doing the opposite of what they probably want to achieve with this event, which is increasing the renown of their brand and the anticipation/hype/sales behind PlayStation products?

A final fantasy 12 remaster would be enough for me.

rjinaz

I highly doubt that thuway knows all of Sony's plans for E3. I believe he has contacts sure, but that doesn't mean they are high up in Sony. I mean Sony knows who he is, he doesn't have some secret identity and they know he shares things on Twitter. No way they let him get close enough to something like e3 secrets. He may have a good idea on some things, but he doesn't know anything for sure.

Just go, it will be fun and swag!

Nicko

I got my confirmation email saying that I am on the wait list for San Francisco... I tried to get a ticket not half an hour after it was announced, yet all were already gone.

The email mentioned letting wait list people in on a first-come, first-serve basis 15 minutes before the show if space allows...

Anyone have any idea how many wait list spots you think there are? I would have to take an hour long caltrain up to attend.. I really really want to go, but questioning if I should really try if I don't actually have a ticket..

Anybody in a similar boat?

revimack

Banned
Well, looks like I'll be going to the one in Vancouver.

Very excited. Watching the U4 reveal with hundreds of other people is going to be an incredible experience.

farisr

Yeah but then Shinobi said something along the lines of "do you really believe that?"
IMO Shinobi >>> Thuway's Twitter feed. Just saying.

Yeah, I feel the same, just hadn't seen shinobi's tweets on the matter. Thanks for that.

Just go. You'll regret not going if it ends up being awesome and you get great swag, but if it sucks it's only a few hours out of your life.

Yeah, it would definitely be a big regret if it ends up being awesome, or some great things get handed out. Especially since I managed to register in time and got ticket confirmations.

But then one would have to wonder, why would Sony invest in something like this

That's exactly the reason why I started getting hyped up for this, but thuway's tweets and looking back at other press conferences that were really hyped to hell, it kinda made me reconsider whether this was just a test thing that Sony was trying out and may not be indicative of the quality of content that they have lined up for the presser.

I highly doubt that thuway knows all of Sony's plans for E3. I believe he has contacts sure, but that doesn't mean they are high up in Sony. I mean Sony knows who he is, he doesn't have some secret identity and they know he shares things on Twitter. No way they let him get close enough to something like e3 secrets. He may have a good idea on some things, but he doesn't know anything for sure.

Just go, it will be fun and swag!

Yeah, thanks guys, you've convinced me, I hope my leg heals in time so I can attend this. Otherwise, oh well, some person on the waitlist will get those seats.

Is NYC-GAF represented on the spreadsheet? When I checked a day ago they weren't. If we got a tab can I get the link?

EDIT: Thanks, Zebra. Reading is fundamental!

Top Bottom