• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

meta4

If they're showing the conference in movie theatres, I'm guessing Sony must have some big reveals planned. Otherwise... what's the point? Seems like a tremendous waste of money and time otherwise. However, E3 conferences from Sony have been pretty poor over the years so I'm not sure what to expect.

I think the last good conf was in 2009. Every other year it has been terrible. E3 2012 was saved by one of the best demo's I have seen at E3 with TLOU.

Just got an email from Sony apologizing for the email mistake showing the guest name twice instead of my name then the guest name..!!! It says just show your ID and will be in without a problem

aly

Just got an email from Sony apologizing for the email mistake showing the guest name twice instead of my name then the guest name..!!! It says just show your ID and will be in without a problem

That's great. They just resent my tickets with the correct names on them today, so people should check their emails to see if they got theirs fixed also.

On Demand

Banned
An update on insiderp about the 8 million sold-

A self proclaimed "faux" insider named "Tidux" on twitter claimed that our numbers are fake? Well, just like last time , you would be hearing from SONY's mouth within 2 weeks or so. We have been pointed fingers at by these fake insiders who get SONY's "inside" info from remote corners of Europe. Our stance on this is that you would be hearing from the horse's mouth within a matter of weeks.

http://www.insiderp.com/ps4-hits-8-million-sold-worldwide.html

I believe them because they were right ahead of time before like they said-

http://www.insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-7-million-as-infamous-sells-1million.html

For those attending the Miami Sunset Place showing, I propose we meet up at the Brother Jimmies BBQ downstairs before for some drinks . Lets set that up, I dunno if u guys made another google doc or anything yet.

iosefe

For those attending the Miami Sunset Place showing, I propose we meet up at the Brother Jimmies BBQ downstairs before for some drinks . Lets set that up, I dunno if u guys made another google doc or anything yet.

we got [this] one.

but i don't think any florida peeps have checked around it recently.

It doesn't take a genius to note that Sony will have sold over 8m PS4s. Saying they'll be proven "right" in 2 weeks is like saying the sun is going to rise tomorrow and I'll be proven right in several hours. It's inevitable. I don't trust them as a reliable source and Sony announcing it won't make that change. Sony will announce over 10m sold when Destiny launches. They can have that one for free ;)

infamous at 1.4m is a lot lower than I expected if they sold 1 million in the first 9 days. Pretty poor as I expected close to 2.5m by now. Killzone is printing money and looks to sell 3.5 to 4m at this rate by the end of its cycle.

Atlas157

Well it looks like I don't work that day so I'll be going. I hope I see some MiamiGAF there. :)

That happened to me as well. I got sent a new ticket with my name and guests name earlier today.

Because 8 million and 8.5 million is a huge difference. Wait. ....You're not serious, are you?

Shots missed. "Self-proclaimed faux insider". That writing is weaksauce.

I+don+t+know+what+to+say+about+this+_839c50fb24438a057839058036504e07.gif

geomon

I don't know. I don't want anyone mocking me while I drink cocktails.

All you guys making plans to meet up beforehand (for drinks and food) should know that these freebie events tend to fill up fast, meaning that all the good seats go quickly. If I had to guess, I'd say that all the good seats will begin to be taken at least an hour before the show starts, and I wouldn't be surprised if all the good seats are gone two hours beforehand, assuming they start letting people in that early.

I've been to a few free screenings before, and I've made the mistake of arriving 30 mins before the shows started. I had to sit in the seats up close to the screen.

geomon

All you guys making plans to meet up beforehand (for drinks and food) should know that these freebie events tend to fill up fast, meaning that all the good seats go quickly. If I had to guess, I'd say that all the good seats will begin to be taken at least an hour before the show starts, and I wouldn't be surprised if all the good seats are gone two hours beforehand, assuming they start letting people in that early.

I've been to a few free screenings before, and I've made the mistake of arriving 30 mins before the shows started. I had to sit in the seats up close to the screen.

They said the the doors open at 8:30 though. So I guess it all depends on your position in line when the doors open.

His suggestion is still valid. If you want good seats, chances are you'll need to be in line.

Yup, you can bet your ass that even if they don't let people in to the theater an hour or two before the show starts, there will still be a long line of people waiting to get in.

Was this in response to anything?

Actually, I don't know. I don't see that post on his Twitter account at all. I actually saw it on his Facebook account. On his Facebook account, that post says Twitter, which I understood to mean that the post originates from his twitter account. I'm not too savy with the social media honestly.

Well it looks like I don't work that day so I'll be going. I hope I see some MiamiGAF there. :)

That happened to me as well. I got sent a new ticket with my name and guests name earlier today.
I didn't get a new ticket nor they fixed the names, they told me to show my id and show the old email with the incorrect name =

Hello,

Thank you for registering to attend the PlayStation E3 Experience!

We apologize you received a confirmation email that included your guests name and not yours. Don’t worry - we have tracked your registration information on our end. Please bring the confirmation email you received, even if it had your guests name listed, along with a valid form of ID, and you will be admitted into the event.

We hope you have a great PlayStation E3 experience!

Your Friends,
The PlayStation E3 Experience Team

Lemondish

Quoting for the new page I guess. I don't see anyone from Montreal signed up yet. Hmm...

I honestly should have signed up for Montreal...I have some business in Ottawa in June. Would have made sense to tackle two birds with one stone. Alas, I'll be at the Boston one.

I-hate-u

I think Sony main theme of E3 will revolve around PS 20th anniversary, where we will see games for the old (PS3), games for the current (PS4/PSV) and info for the future (Now/Morpheus). Its the reason I can think of why Sony doing this movie theater ordeal this year.

And going by Demonite's 5 beeps thing, I am guessing it will have to do with the games that commemorate PS success. I can't think of better examples than:

Crash
The Last Guardian

For the Last 3, I reckon they are Uncharted, GOW4 and Prj Beast, but I am not sure.

iosefe

TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEET

Quote Kyledk05's post.

ALSO!

I worked hard alphabetizing the list by City, lets keep it that way if you add yourself

and there is also a column for telling if you'll be bringing your Vita/3DS. i know the wait before hand will get boring in line, so make you're you're charged up to play some spelunky or something.

I think Sony main theme of E3 will revolve around PS 20th anniversary, where we will see games for the old (PS3), games for the current (PS4/PSV) and info for the future (Now/Morpheus). Its the reason I can think of why Sony doing this movie theater ordeal this year.

Yeah I was thought the exact same thing when I found out earlier this year that Playstation turns 20 at least in Japan. The timing could not have been any more perfect than now to just drop megatons everywhere. I don't think they're gonna revisit any of their older franchises anytime soon, but at the very least they're gonna pay homage to them. If there's one or two I'd want back though it's Wipeout and Crash. Also a cool opening montage, the one last year was fucking great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GdXEiKkvs

wmlk

Sigh, just waiting for that one dream E3...

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts III
Persona 5
Uncharted 4
Metal Gear Solid V
LittleBigPlanet 3
The Last Guardian
Superspecialawesome JRPG by Sony

...and...

Ōkami by Platinum Games

Sad knowing that this will never happen. :(

Top Bottom