• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

I wish they would do this in more than just 40 theaters. Seems like they are making such a big deal over this. Don't get me wrong, I think its a great idea. I just think they should have rolled it out to more than what they actually did.

I wish they would do this in more than just 40 theaters. Seems like they are making such a big deal over this. Don't get me wrong, I think its a great idea. I just think they should have rolled it out to more than what they actually did.

It's the first time they're doing it. Realistically it's a smarter idea they test it out with a smaller sample to see what the demand and reactions are.

Google didn't just release fiber in every freaking city first time around.

Wereroku

Logistically it's probably pretty difficult and expensive. I would guess this is a test run to measure it's popularity. Also Geoff was talking about the possibility of adding more theaters.

my excitement about this actually coming to a theater in my city is probably going to be crushed when Funimation anounces the locations for DBZ. I never get any of these things lol

I think one part of it has to do with the theaters being able to show it in the first place.
Its my only explanation for the extremely random location they chose for Birmingham Alabama's showing.

Edit: Alabama sold out quickly but only 3 gafers on the spreadsheet.
= (

iosefe

Anyone here live around Miami Gardens/Aventura/NMB? I want to maybe get a back up if my original ride falls through.

Lucent

Unfortunately I hesitated to sign up for this until like midnight the day this was announced. I didn't read the thing so I didn't realize it was free. Was kinda busy. So I'm on the wait list.

Thank you for registering to attend the PlayStation E3 Experience at Regal Galaxy 14 on June 9th. You have been placed on the Waiting List.

Waiting List attendees will be let into the event 15 minutes before the show on a first-come, first-served basis as long as space permits. Bring this confirmation email with a valid form of ID, as this event is for audiences age 17 and up.

Enjoy the PlayStation E3 Experience!

My friend apparently signed up 10 minutes before I did and got in without the wait list, so I guess he just made the cut. I'm gonna try to go with him and hopefully get there early enough that I can get in, too. Just hope they aren't stupid about it.

HORRORSHØW

Santa Monica Studio ‏@SonySantaMonica 1m
The Gods have spoken once again, maybe they are just excited for #E3 #earthquake #LA

There's actually a decent amount of pressure on sony to deliever. I mean look at the landscape for sony:
-recent delay of what many considered to be their holiday hero (The Order)
-the only exclusive now being drive club for the fall (a game delayed almost an entire year with no clout)
-layoffs at worldwide studios, cancelled projects
-high profile departures from Naughty Dog
-living in the shadow of their most historic conference last year
-pressure to keep the moentum going with more early adopters
-and now MS slowly but surely planning a massive attack

Sony needs to deliver at this e3. They are in first place now, but the generation has barely even started.

Grimløck;114346477 said:
Santa Monica Studio ‏@SonySantaMonica 1m
The Gods have spoken once again, maybe they are just excited for #E3 #earthquake #LA
Can confirm earthquake in LA. I live in Santa Monica and it was a 3.8

I really have no idea what to expect at this event. What kind of people show up to these type of things? Will it be the same type crowd as midnight movie showings?

kahi

Gamers? I don't think average joe is interested in watching a video game conference.

I consider myself pretty average. College degree, 8 to 5 Monday through Friday job, live in the suburbs, and games are just a hobby I do when I have time as adult life/responsibilities get in the way. I am attending.

First post!

Managed to score a ticket for the Seattle show, super pumped. Going to witness the birth of VR on the bigscreen and see all the amazing new PS4 stuff.

Been lurking since juuust before the PS4 reveal and been a daily reader ever since. Seen some epic, epic threads. Have many of you PS4 guys on my psn list.

Anyone going to be in Seattle for the show?

B.O.O.M

Dammit I just realized that's the date I have a ton of stuff due...if I can finish everything I will still go if not I will have to watch it from home while completing my projects

I just got an email saying:

Thank you for attending the PlayStation E3 Experience. Be one of the first to live out your fantasy as a cop or criminal where you'll hunt and raid valuts in two new game modes on the High Tension map.

Here is your PS4 Access Code to download the Beta:

But there is no code included in the email. Anyone else?

corn_fest

Sigh, just waiting for that one dream E3...

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts III
Persona 5
Uncharted 4
Metal Gear Solid V
LittleBigPlanet 3
The Last Guardian
Superspecialawesome JRPG by Sony

...and...

Ōkami by Platinum Games

Sad knowing that this will never happen. :(

but... all of those (besides Okami & probably Persona) seem within the bounds of reality for this year, if you consider Project Beast a "superspecialawesome JRPG".

OmahaG8

First post!

Managed to score a ticket for the Seattle show, super pumped. Going to witness the birth of VR on the bigscreen and see all the amazing new PS4 stuff.

Been lurking since juuust before the PS4 reveal and been a daily reader ever since. Seen some epic, epic threads. Have many of you PS4 guys on my psn list.

Anyone going to be in Seattle for the show?

Welcome to the GAF. I think you'll find, if you haven't already, it makes all game sites obsolete.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Omaha beta has been listed on the PSN Store for a week now or something, so the BF Hardline beta sounds about right

Holy shit. They're giving away Battlefield Hardline beta keys?

Screenshot please?

IVXEYfb.jpg

I would make a page for the Minneapolis showing, but I have no idea how to (if there isn't one already). ;__;

I am cautiously optimistic for the Battlefield: Hardline beta, if the initial release of Battlefield 4 was anything to go by.

iosefe

i guess i missed the memo with the release date.

sadly i don't have a ps4, so my code is going straight to the Free to a good home thread

Top Bottom