• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs E3 Trailer Leaks

Neiteio

WALKING DOWN THE STREET

HANDS IN MY POCKETS

SO ANGSTY

DON'T MAKE ME COVER SHOOT YOU

tumblr_milq16NwQg1rbfevao1_250.gif

the walls have eyes

schuey7

Diminishing returns my ass.This cg trailer shows really how far we can still go without running into the uncanny valley .Also does the trailer cut out before a proper end or was that youtube freaking out on me?

RdN

CG is a let down.. But I love the concept of this game. If they manage to have missions that are so diversified as they're saying, it has potential to become a great franchise.

CG, weird they would do that now.

Have to say, Ubisoft PR must be giddy at the timing of all the NSA leaks and PRISM stuff in regards to the game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Diminishing returns my ass.This cg trailer shows really how far we can still go without running into the uncanny valley .Also does the trailer cut out before a proper end or was that youtube freaking out on me?

It randomly ends, and I don't really understand why.

Danielsan

CG is a let down.. But I love the concept of this game. If they manage to have missions that are so diversified as they're saying, it has potential to become a great franchise.
It will be yet another Ubisoft franchise where the concept is far better than the execution. But hey, some people seem to actually enjoy the gameplay in Assassin's Creed.

MormaPope

Banned
"Since my family was killed, I'm going to murder the hundreds of people involved" will make the story feel cliched after the first three missions.

Roo

Then you will complain because your beloved games last 2 hours because all of their budget went to the graphics smh.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The more I see, the more I believe that this started as a modern entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise, and was spun off into its own thing to hope for another big moneymaker in their lineup.

Neiteio

Underwhelming to me, really, more gun fights and one-man army themed games in next gen?
It's a world of shadows and secrets... of conspiracies traveling their whispering path with alarming frequency...

and by that I mean FIREBALLS and shoot-outs in the streets, #YOLO

.la1n

I remember when CG trailer used to excite me, Blizzard reigned over this for many years. Today it just feels lazy and makes no sense after you've already shown gameplay. Sad that his is the E3 trailer.

Normally they release CG trailers the same day as the conference. It's never a major drawing point. More of a tease for the actual on-stage demos.

SJRB

Gold Member
"Since my family was killed, I'm going to murder the hundreds of people involved" will make the story feel cliched after the first three missions.

It's not as simple as that though, it's not a revenge story.

Through surveillance you try to prevent crimes before they happen, or stop criminals otherwise above the law. You're a vigilante.

So in that regard it is a lot like the series Person of Interest.

calder

Good trailer, yeah CG is lame but for a purely story trailer it's fine with me. The protagonist goes a bit too James Bond when he enters the room though, cleans out a half dozen armed bad guys like its nothing (at least until the trailer stops a bit before the end). Sure there's a few shotgun wielding guards and 4 other handgun packing thugs in this small bunker like room, but being able to start the sprinklers is all I need to level the playing field! ;)

Cosmozone

CG trailers can be nice and effective. I especially liked the Zombi U one. The timing for this watch_dogs trailer is a bit off, though. I still like it.

MormaPope

Banned
As long at is told well im in. Sometimes a good old revenge story can be better than nanomachines and multiverse.

That's true, but this is Ubisoft we're talking about. After hearing how odd Assassins Creed 3 ended and the follow up being a game about pirates, I don't have high hopes for the story.

SgtCobra

I'm not even clicking the video even if I'm hyped for that game. CG trailers can be such a bonerkill sometimes when you're expecting gameplay.

Gun Animal

It works in making me not give a fuck if that's what you mean :p

You're a minority, we all are. Plebeians are really impressed by this kind of thing, largely because they just don't even know the difference or what any of the acronyms we use on here like "CG" and "IQ" even mean. Most of the people I know who own consoles and buy games literally would never consciously notice the difference between a pre-rendered trailer like this and uncut gameplay, but they notice it subconsciously, and showing a cool pre-rendered trailer like this basically fools them into thinking that the actual game looks that good.

This isn't a sign that this game is some kind of casual garbage, only that Ubisoft is smart enough to use the techniques that have worked for them in the past to sell their new IP to the masses. Without stunts like this, they'd be lucky to pull in half their usual sales. Like it or not, the only way for new IPs to really thrive is to basically trick dudebros into buying it.

Irish

You already fucking know what the game looks like. There have been quite a few demonstrations of the game so far. After you've seen most aspects of the game in action, what's the point of seeing it continuously until release? That's something I don't think I'll ever understand. I really don't need more than three or so demonstrations to get a good idea of what all the game is about. I'd rather be visually thrilled for a few minutes at that point.

I freaking love well done CG trailers and I hope they never go away. Of course, this isn't the full trailer, which sucks.

Jeez, I hope this isn't a sign to come of yet another E3 full of nothing but CG trailers.

We should be past this by now, just show in-engine cinematic stuff for f' sake.

i must be the only one who thought the CG was kind of cool. Though I'd still like to play as the non-cliched auctioneer dude rather than the "renegade" main character.

I mean the main character is not even that bad ass. Someone like Dante would beat the shit out of him. So why even bother?

Top Bottom