• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

LuchaShaq

Banned
Dsmn the PR for this game has been so toxic/full of lies that the one interesting new IP for next gen isn't even getting credit anymore for that.

Whoever's idea blatantly fake render goals andbshit damage control probably shouldn't work in games PR anymore.

Its 2014 not 2004 people see through it easier now.

Haunted

I think the PC version looks absolutely comparable to Sleeping Dogs. Which, taken on its own, is good!

But it's actually disappointing given the hopes and expectations a lot of the pre-release footage raised, as well as the fact that it's a current gen game. I think it's fair to expect an improvement instead of something that matches last generation titles.

Dsmn the PR for this game has been so toxic/full of lies that the one interesting new IP for next gen isn't even getting credit anymore for that.

Whoever's idea blatantly fake render goals andbshit damage control probably shouldn't work in games PR anymore.

Yeah, I don't think much has changed in publisher's tactics between now and then, but people (at least core gamers on GAF) are much better informed now and are the ones influencing the opinions of those who only casually follow this stuff through proliferation on Twitter etc.

hwy_61

Banned
Does anyone frequent to gamestop or whatever equivalent game store? What footage do they show on Watch Dogs? You think they'd keep rolling the predowngrade footage?

Interfectum

The person responsible for the fake renders will probably get a promotion after the game sells gangbusters.

I think the PC version looks absolutely comparable to Sleeping Dogs. Which, taken on its own, is good!

But it's actually disappointing given the hopes and expectations a lot of the pre-release footage raised, as well as the fact that it's a current gen game. I think it's fair to expect an improvement instead of something that matches last generation titles.

Yeah, I don't think much has changed in publisher's tactics between now and then, but people (at least core gamers on GAF) are much better informed now and are the ones influencing the opinions of those who only casually follow this stuff through proliferation on Twitter etc.

I agree, otherwise what's the point ? I hope the gameplay is good as I have been disappointed in the game since it's re-reveal from the trailers. It just looks flat from visual perspective to me.

dandoolan

Hm, my amazon order still says "preordered" but its supposed to come Tuesday. I was expecting it to ship today with Monday being a holiday.

Mines the same. Amazon's UK Customer service confirmed mine will ship today, whether I get it early or will depend on whether is ships before 4/5pm or not.

Marcel

I agree, otherwise what's the point ? I hope the gameplay is good as I have been disappointed in the game since it's re-reveal from the trailers. It just looks flat from visual perspective to me.

The flatness is probably my biggest problem as well. With already poor day lighting, it makes the game look absolutely drab. Ubisoft is not reliable on great open-world gameplay either (see the AC series) so it's hard to get very excited.

RawNuts

Despite my opinion of the game being that it's rather mediocre, two of the "digital trips" are pure fun: madness and spider tank.

In a game where most of the side activities feel like chores, it's extremely refreshing to play modes that are just so damn enjoyable.

iNvid02

this is pc on ultra at 1080p - not mine, just passing them along. looks ok, but not like the original trailer. havent seen rain shots.

watchdogz3vxohb.png

watchdogz4dqp5q.png

watchdogz1jgp3a.png

watchdogz2bjo6o.png

Marcel

this is pc on ultra at 1080p - not mine, just passing them along. looks ok, but not like the original trailer. havent seen rain shots.

watchdogz3vxohb.png

watchdogz4dqp5q.png

watchdogz1jgp3a.png

watchdogz2bjo6o.png

That game looks best at night, that's for sure. It's not saying a lot considering the rest of the TOD but it's something I guess.

Considering the lighting in the PC version isn't even as good as the 2013 PS4 footage I wonder WTF happened here? Clearly a high powered PC could of ran that footage. Very disappointing.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now

Those buildings are BS, the imposters / LOD levels can't be that bad. I have a feeling some people are posting screenshots from a pirated version and there are problems. I know that we had something like that happen once with a racing game (and I think some dude got banned over it).

Not accusing anyone, but it wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be the case with some of these shots.

Ogs

Got to be honest, I haven t followed Watch Dogs one bit, and i have no interest in picking up the game (Ubi open world, eurgh), but the game looks quite nice graphically from those high res shots.

2beep

Banned
can only play smooth on ultra+txaa4x when using medium textures lol else the 780s 3gb vram are full and it stutters every few secs really bad

HowZatOZ

Banned
That game looks best at night, that's for sure. It's not saying a lot considering the rest of the TOD but it's something I guess.

Infamous was the same, certain times of day were just perfect while others looked rather bland. Obviously Infamous had the better texture quality (in most places) but TOD seems to play a lot in overall quality.

watchdogz3vxohb.png

watchdogz4dqp5q.png

watchdogz1jgp3a.png

watchdogz2bjo6o.png

See, I think its the stuff in the distance that makes the city look arse (LOD I think), those buildings in the last shot look awful. But that boat shot actually looks fairly good, so hopefully its something that can be tweaked.

Marcel

Infamous was the same, certain times of day were just perfect while others looked rather bland. Obviously Infamous had the better texture quality (in most places) but TOD seems to play a lot in overall quality.

Second Son didn't look as drab as Watch_Dogs does during the day, but you're right that both games look their best at night.

i know the scale is way bigger and more stuff to do, but I can't be the only one that is a bit disappointed how close the visual fidelity is for watch_dogs a game made by 1000s of people vs sleeping dogs which was made by like 50 guys and went through crazy development hell.

Top Bottom