• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

kriskrosbbk

I'm feeling the same here.

I can trade in Fifa 14 and Lego Marvel for Ps4 and get Watch_Dogs vanilla for a dollar... Though I want the DLC...

Choices!! If the gold edition was on UK PSN I wouldn't even be thinking about this.

No idea why the Gold edition is N/A in EU. Do we expect it at all on UK PSN or I should go with the Deluxe one?

If this isn't as big as ubisoft hopes I still wish they continue with the franchise.

You don't invest this kind of money into starting up a new franchise without already expecting a sequel in two years. Today companies don't build a game with a "maybe a sequel is happening", it's a franchise from day one. They're fully expecting at least a sequel before evaluating what to do with the franchise. Same as they did with Assassins Creed. First game was to establish, second is to cement their position in the market.

The first game is in a worst case scenario their loss-leader to establish the IP and gain awareness in the marketplace.

In a best-case scenario it becomes a gigantic hit from the get go, but they've without doubt planned for both cases on this one. Watch Dogs 2 is happening no matter the outcome of this one.

haikira

360 daytime footage, GtaV looks way way better than this.

I don't think the frame rate in this video is representative of the actual performance of the 360 version. Here's another clip, albeit night time, and it's looking much better. Hopefully the game's performance doesn't just go down the toilet when it's daytime, but I doubt it.

http://youtu.be/ZRDAzQ6WsJM?t=16m51s

The clip is from 17 minutes after the very start of the game, so it's very early game. There is a little bit of story banter coming from Aiden though, so those paticularly sensitive may want to avoid, but as I said, it's from the very first 20 mins of the game.

Putty

IMO GTAV is quite some way ahead, based on the current gen footage. The lighting, textures, detail and frame rate on GTA were just incredible given the age of both the 360 and PS3.

Felensis

Banned
Definitely will get WD later on when it is cheaper. I was really excited for it, but I recently finished AC IV and while it is a very good game, for me as a completionist it was just horrific to finish it 100%. Afterwards there is the multiplayer which IMHO is just mediocre and crammed full of stuff, too. Characters, perks, styles, stuff to read etc. I mean all this collectibles, sidequests and stuff to do in the world is just over-the-top. While I basically praise additional content in this case it didn't add any worthy to the game. It got just longer and bored the crap out of me. Freedom Cry was just awesome, had the right play time and felt like a real addition to the game. In fact I loved it more than the main game.

Same goes for Rayman Legends with the achievement which requires you to get from awesome level 10 to 11, which takes over 11 weeks if you manage to get a gold trophy in the everyday challenges.

Ubi said WD's story will take ~30hrs and all the additional stuff up to 70hrs. No way I'm gonna play this anytime soon.

IMHO it seems that Ubi tries to force players to play their games as long as possible to avoid that players will sell their games after finishing the story. I'm basically fine with this, but not if it is just for content's sake, but no fun at all or at best mediocre.

I hope this game genuinely surprises and turns out to be a superb experience that exceeds expectations.

People have been dismissing this largely from the get-go. It would be nice to see a game defy that skepticism.

misteroms

Banned
I just can't understand why the bashing over graphics goes on pages after pages.

It's really a waste of an OT and that's a shame, I'm searching for some infos about the game features, first hands impressions but I'm just seeing people complaining about a game that they mostly care about before the all "downgrade" thing...

Gamers have changed. It's no longer about consoles, firms or enjoying games. It's an endless series of dull speeches, fought by PR mercenaries and graphical worshippers.

Gaming, and its consumption of eye-candy graphics , has become a well-oiled machine.

Gamers have changed. Mindless gamers carry dumb ideas that are brought up for dumb reasons...

When graphical discussion is all there is about, gaming... becomes boring.

TheDude108

Only thing I'm not really liking is the car physics. Not so much the driving, but the collisions with other cars looks really arcadey, like from NFS or something.

Looks like bumper cars when he hits the back-side of another car. They just push each other out of the way rather than collide and stop like in GTA.

Varth

Ubi said WD's story will take ~30hrs and all the additional stuff up to 70hrs. No way I'm gonna play this anytime soon.

Sounds about right. A story walktrough exploring all kinds of secondary missions and activities without doing all of them got us at 35% in something like 30 hours.

Clockwork5

Definitely will get WD later on when it is cheaper. I was really excited for it, but I recently finished AC IV and while it is a very good game, for me as a completionist it was just horrific to finish it 100%. Afterwards there is the multiplayer which IMHO is just mediocre and crammed full of stuff, too. Characters, perks, styles, stuff to read etc. I mean all this collectibles, sidequests and stuff to do in the world is just over-the-top. While I basically praise additional content in this case it didn't add any worthy to the game. It got just longer and bored the crap out of me. Freedom Cry was just awesome, had the right play time and felt like a real addition to the game. In fact I loved it more than the main game.

Same goes for Rayman Legends with the achievement which requires you to get from awesome level 10 to 11, which takes over 11 weeks if you manage to get a gold trophy in the everyday challenges.

IMHO it seems that Ubi tries to force players to play their games as long as possible to avoid that players will sell their games after finishing the story. I'm basically fine with this, but not if it is just for content's sake, but no fun at all or at best mediocre.

Why not just skip the filler?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Okay this streamer is annoying. He can't even parallel park.

Edit: whoa a civilian just had a car accident randomly, without altering the street lights. That was awesome.

I don't think the frame rate in this video is representative of the actual performance of the 360 version. Here's another clip, albeit night time, and it's looking much better. Hopefully the game's performance doesn't just go down the toilet when it's daytime, but I doubt it.

http://youtu.be/ZRDAzQ6WsJM?t=16m51s

The clip is from 17 minutes after the very start of the game, so it's very early game. There is a little bit of story banter coming from Aiden though, so those paticularly sensitive may want to avoid, but as I said, it's from the very first 20 mins of the game.

17:12 that guy popped right in front of his car before dodging it :lol

TheDude108

The hitboxes for cars are strange.

Looks like you can drive right through all four corners (or brake+head lights) of the car without slowing down.

HowZatOZ

Banned
been on source the entire time...still lot of macro blocking. maybe its my connection then if you guys say its in hd

Ah than yeah, you've got same quality as me. It isn't the greatest because it seems Twitch/PS4 compresses the video but good enough to get an idea of the gameplay.

JP

Still not sure how I feel about this. Have been watching a few people on Live With PlayStation streaming it and it looks OK but I'm still cautious without reviews.

Top Bottom