• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

hbkdx12

My issue with that is that the allure of this game is hacking quickly and in reaction to events. When you're driving fast escaping cops and you want to hack the street light to slow them down, how else would you want to do that, other than holding a button? I don't think anything in the 2012 trailer or otherwise gave the impression that the impromptu hacking would be more in depth. In addition, there are more in depth hacking mini-games when infiltrating the areas.

This

Everything i ever saw in regards to hacking has always been look at thing ->press button -> Make thing happen

I always saw the hacking as providing a means of versatility as oppose to being the end all be all to the whole game

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Something is off graphically about the cars and driving, I dont know.
Can you be any more specific? He's driving like crap, but it looks fun to me.

zomg spider tank time.

edit: This trip is a total "Saints Row eat your heart out" type deal. it is mindflaying nonsense destruction and I love it.

Gaz_RB

This

Everything i ever saw in regards to hacking has always been look at thing ->press button -> Make thing happen

I always saw the hacking as providing a means of versatility as oppose to being the end all be all to the whole game

Yeah to me it's just a great way to add dynamic interactivity into an open world game, one of the only things GTAV sort of dropped the ball on.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yeah, I know, it's my fault that I saw a different game in the reveal at E3 2012 with all the nice conspiracy story and all. I really didn't want another GTA (and or AC). But as long as the people are happy with it, good for them.

except these skilled reviewers rarely give reviews worth using anymore.. and these embargos, just ridiculous that at one point in time, the norm was to see reviews 4-7 days before release, so you could make a decision using all the facts, nowadays they make you preorder and you don't get to hear any of the negatives til just before you go to the store to pick up your copy, IF you're lucky.

nothing worse than how they hype up something for months, without mentioning negative, then seeing a review thats nothing but negative.

tumblr_m1kzh3HakI1qa6lp8.gif

Gaz_RB

Yeah, I know, it's my fault that I saw a different game in the reveal at E3 2012 with all the nice conspiracy story and all. I really didn't want another GTA (and or AC). But as long as the people are happy with it, good for them.

No one's blaming you for taking something different away from the demo. I was just interested in hearing some specifics about what people were disappointed about.

well, these IGN guys seem to know how to play the game in terms of functionally using the gameplay systems, and they are making it look super fun

murgo

The IGN stream is so much better.. the guy actually knows what he's doing, playing stealthily, using the hacks properly. The video quality is also very good.

so how does the hacking system works, there seems to be a finite amount of uses, does it recharge over time, or do you need to get batteries or something?

the IGN stream is going good.

i laughed at the terminal cancer gang member

This is super fascinating in terms of giving a little bit of "character" to the nameless henchman that you mow down in games. In games like this, when you're not playing an inherently bad character, I tend to play non-lethally, but knowing the guy is terminally ill may make it more likely I would kill the guy anyway. That little bit of info adds a lot of dimension.

TalonJH

Why do the have dev kit notifications on? Not a distraction or anything but its surprising that they wouldn't turn it off since they don't need it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The IGN stream is so much better.. the guy actually knows what he's doing, playing stealthily, using the hacks properly. The video quality is also very good.
I cannot possibly agree more, although this puts me squarely in the "don't use streams to make your ultimate buying decision" camp. The disparity in how the game feels based on this guy playing, as well as the presentation, versus the other one is extreme.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is super fascinating in terms of giving a little bit of "character" to the nameless henchman that you mow down in games. In games like this, when you're not playing an inherently bad character, I tend to play non-lethally, but knowing the guy is terminally ill may make it more likely I would kill the guy anyway. That little bit of info adds a lot of dimension.
Compeltely agree, I enjoyed the heart in Dishonored in exactly the same vein. I revised my intentions based on the little bit of flavor.

nevernamed was forced to, though, they made him do it!

The new footage looks good. Hoping this game turns out great, my PS4 has been chilling in standby mode for a really long time waiting for a new game worth playing.

yeah. i was forced to..
you're just sooooooooooooooo original pal

hbkdx12

It'll be interesting to see how much of that flavor text there actually is and how long it'll be before they consistently start to repeat.

I do enjoy a lot of the flavor texts and hacked phone conversations that i've seen on NPCs. This may be the first open world game where i actually just walk around and just people watch. I find that kind of exciting just to see how weird or crazy they can get

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
^looked better on the stream than those screenshots

These "hacking and tracking" situations where he's inching along by foot for vantage points, hacking into and hopping from camera to camera, are so goddamn cool to me. I don't get how to not think this is awesome. I will have to just be comfortable with that I guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It took the gamespot guy 3 tries to take the outpost.
IGN is owning them. 11/10 steam of the year.
3 tries and all of them sucked. It was failed stealth, failed Gears of War style, barely successful Gears of War style
KuGsj.gif

The IGN guy is being creative about it and not even coming close to being detected and I love it.

edit: you can hack in-store speakers to play your MP3s. come on guys you aren't digging this? -_-

3 tries and all of them sucked. It was failed stealth, failed Gears of War style, barely successful Gears of War style
KuGsj.gif

The IGN guy is being creative about it and not even coming close to being detected and I love it.

edit: you can hack in-store speakers to play your MP3s. come on guys you aren't digging this? -_-

Do you know if I will be able to access the IGN livestream when it goes off? I think they just mentioned how there is only 10 minutes left of streaming and I just started watching.

Yasae

Banned
Speaking of which, one of the first things I'll do is see how well the Steam overlay works. We all know what happened with Witcher 2 (though it did get fixed eventually!)

It'd also be criminal not to allow user music playlists, especially on PC. GTA IV feature circa 2009.

derFeef

Speaking of which, one of the first things I'll do is see how well the Steam overlay works. We all know what happened with Witcher 2 (though it did get fixed eventually!)

I have no idea what those 2 games should have in common regarding this?

Gaz_RB

If I was playing, I'd hijack a couple cars, block that offramp, and set up some explosives. Or post up and snipe them when they get stopped.

hbkdx12

Do you know if I will be able to access the IGN livestream when it goes off? I think they just mentioned how there is only 10 minutes left of streaming and I just started watching.

Should be archived on their twitch page. It'll definitely be up on their site later im sure

Top Bottom