• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sketchy.. I'd prefer Steam.
Wouldn't we all. $45 for the deluxe was too good for me to pass on though.

So far as I can tell from these streams, the way your hacking capabilities work is:
-Simple mechanical interface stuff like gates, bridges, forklifts, elevators, whatever are just always hackable the moment you encounter them
-For each region, "cloud"-ish stuff like ATMs, cameras, the cell phone profiler, is not hack-active until you hack the local ctOS control center
-More advanced city-wide or OP hacks (like the Blackout) are craftable "items" with a max capacity

Still filling in the blanks but if this is accurate I think they pretty much went about it the best way possible.

murgo

3 tries and all of them sucked. It was failed stealth, failed Gears of War style, barely successful Gears of War style
KuGsj.gif

The IGN guy is being creative about it and not even coming close to being detected and I love it.

edit: you can hack in-store speakers to play your MP3s. come on guys you aren't digging this? -_-

Yeah, it's so much more fun to watch. Hacking looks like a lot of fun, I actually can't wait to do all the privacy invasions, hack bank accounts etc.

TalonJH

IGN vs GameSpot streams shows how watching a competent player makes a game look more interesting to watch. I think people that watched only the GS steam might have actually left with a negative opinion of the game because of it.

ttocs

I ended up going with the PS4 version for this game. I was going to go with PC but my CPU wasn't up to snuff and I only hit minimum requirements. Regardless though, I'm excited to play it and hopefully the PS4 will look really good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that was. so funny. one of those situations where the person playing died in a panic and I was totally right there with them rather than yelling at them
3AQmK.gif

IGN vs GameSpot streams shows how watching a competent player makes a game look more interesting to watch. I think people that watched only the GS steam might have actually left with a negative opinion of the game because of it.
This all the way. I think someone was saying that these streams are a pretty hit or miss was to decide if you like a game or not and I couldn't agree more. This is the most stark example of it I've seen.

Yasae

Banned
I have no idea what those 2 games should have in common regarding this?
The overlay didn't work on Witcher 2 for quite a while. Just because a game's on Steam doesn't mean the overlay will always work properly.

Dota 2's another offender, and that's a Valve game.

M.Steiner

3 tries and all of them sucked. It was failed stealth, failed Gears of War style, barely successful Gears of War style
KuGsj.gif

The IGN guy is being creative about it and not even coming close to being detected and I love it.
haha yeah. This IGN stream has been much more enjoyable as opposed to the other which was actually annoying me at that point. Wanted to pull the controller from him heh.

Can see myself spending a lot of time just messing about in the open-world/doing side activities.

garath

Wouldn't we all. $45 for the deluxe was too good for me to pass on though.

So far as I can tell from these streams, the way your hacking capabilities work is:
-Simple mechanical interface stuff like gates, bridges, forklifts, elevators, whatever are just always hackable the moment you encounter them
-For each region, "cloud"-ish stuff like ATMs, cameras, the cell phone profiler, is not hack-active until you hack the local ctOS control center
-More advanced city-wide or OP hacks (like the Blackout) are craftable "items" with a max capacity

Still filling in the blanks but if this is accurate I think they pretty much went about it the best way possible.

Hmm.. What about GMG? Any codes working for that? Failing that, not sure how to get to Origin Mexico. There a post howto anywhere on that?

KuGsj.gif

edit: you can hack in-store speakers to play your MP3s. come on guys you aren't digging this? -_-

but but ps4 doesnt support mp3 :(

TalonJH

Lol, he stole her phone and broke it at the end.

Edit: I actually had fun watching that stream. I guess I should close my browser now and do some work. Lol

Hmm.. What about GMG? Any codes working for that? Failing that, not sure how to get to Origin Mexico. There a post howto anywhere on that?

I just did this, and it is working. Use the chrome extension called "hola", go to origin website, click on hola logo, select mexico, wait a few seconds, and it should be in spanish now. might have to refresh. watch dogs is listed at $39.99 USD.

Still on the fence though.

garath

I just did this, and it is working. Use the chrome extension called "hola", go to origin website, click on hola logo, select mexico, wait a few seconds, and it should be in spanish now. might have to refresh. watch dogs is listed at $39.99 USD.

Still on the fence though.

Hola extension for Chrome. Also the discount codes on GMG don't work on Watch Dogs, though only if you're in the US.

Thanks for the info/link. So sketchy lol. I may just skip for now until first Steam sale. It's Ubisoft so I predict a quick sale come Summer sale. As awesome as it looks I still have Dark Souls 2, LoL and Diablo 3 keeping me going.

Psoelberg

Yeah, I definitely was more hooked after watching IGNs streaming

Guri

Sketchy.. I'd prefer Steam.

EA actually allows people to buy from other regions. I bought for $30 (Digital Deluxe) from the Indian store deal. And if you really want it on Steam, you can add it as a "non-Steam game". It will behave the same as it would on Steam: launch uPlay so that can launch Watch_Dogs. It doesn't use Steamworks whatsoever.

Enco

I'm no analyst but I feel this game will end up with a dead online community within a few weeks.

Like most games.

Top Bottom