• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

haha yeah. This IGN stream has been much more enjoyable as opposed to the other which was actually annoying me at that point. Wanted to pull the controller from him heh.

Can see myself spending a lot of time just messing about in the open-world/doing side activities.

This is exactly why pubs don't want people streaming early. A friend of mine saw SC Blacklist before release and it was the "assault" style of gameplay. Needless to say he didn't buy it. But I just finished it and it was definitely a great stealth game.

woen

Fuck traffic.

iwEDhKS6VHC44.gif

Tons of pedestrians, even in 8 player online.

iUnRLxWIIhvru.gif

I stopped the stream, the hype will kill me!

So have we seen anything on stream to indicate what happens when someone else attempts to join your single player game? Is it just like a side mission almost? Wondering how that will work.

Shadownet

Banned
Well the fact you claimed it looks like an early X360 game just makes me think it is a rather hyperbolic statement, up there with the previous PS2 comments. You guys have really forgotten what it was like eight years ago hey?

Also relevant to the discussion, here is some YouTube Xbox One footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WuZ8wuQvw0

I said "borderline" and beside Elder Scrolls Oblivion came out in 2006, and Watch Dogs barely look better than it. At least I didn't say PS2. You're crazy.

I'm seeing rumblings on Twitter that there is / was an 8 day long review event in Santa Monica for the game. Keep that in mind when the reviews go live.

Big name outlets probably were there, and played all the multiplayer in a closed environment, and were pampered by Ubisoft.

Nexus tablets anyone?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's too similar to Saints Row which I don't like.
I was wondering if I had some sort of low standards for driving in games or what but I have a blast with the cars in Saint's Row so I guess that explains why I have no issues with this.

dex3108

I'm seeing rumblings on Twitter that there is / was an 8 day long review event in Santa Monica for the game. Keep that in mind when the reviews go live.

Big name outlets probably were there, and played all the multiplayer in a closed environment, and were pampered by Ubisoft.

Nexus tablets anyone?

And how would they be able to test MP when game is not out? At that event they could connect with other players easily.

Symax

Nexus tablets anyone?

:/

People who didn't preorder should just wait for GAF impressions. Always the best way to go.

Hasney

And how would they be able to test MP when game is not out? At that event they could connect with other players easily.

And how do games without such an event test small scale multiplayer such as that? In the real world, often with other reviewers.

Basically, we won't know if the new code is a pile of shit or if it has Uplay connection problems like Trials until release (although the latter we may not have found out anyway as it could be an issue with a lot of people trying to logon).

Nexus tablets anyone?

But please remember that reviewers also didn't give a lower score for GTAV not launching with its multiplayer component ready, which ended up being a huge clusterfuck for the first week it launched and full of glitches for months.

Pampered or not, at least reviewers have some idea what to expect with Watch Dogs multiplayer.

Gaz_RB

I said "borderline" and beside Elder Scrolls Oblivion came out in 2006, and Watch Dogs barely look better than it. At least I didn't say PS2. You're crazy.

Watch_Dogs barely looks better than Oblivion?

What planet are you guys living on?

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20060711023203508-1574493.jpg

I seriously can't tell who is trolling or who is blind at this point

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sorry is that shot from watch dogs? PS4 or XB1 version

edit: It's cool that you can be like an elf or lizard man or whatever and have a sword even with all the hacking

Nintyb

Banned
Watch_Dogs barely looks better than Oblivion?

What planet are you guys living on?

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20060711023203508-1574493.jpg

I seriously can't tell who is trolling or who is blind at this point

This is NeoGaf.

People interested in the game: Looks pretty good.

People with no interest/intention of buying it: Looks worse than Banjo and Kazooie on N64!

MayMay

Banned
Wait, the game is already downloadable and playable on Uplay?

I think I'll regret that I pre-ordered the game on Steam.

Gaz_RB

I really wish there was a multiplayer zombie survival digital trip where Chicago turns into a zombie infested wasteland and you have to scavenge for food and ammo and stuff.

Watch_Dogs: DayZ.

Top Bottom