• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Symax

Nice animation
ibeQl5GAHfGlJg.gif

Frequently online searches "Rape"
could also be a victim. we dont know...

Pic of PC video settings:

Level of detail, Shadows, Reflections, Ambient Occlusion, Motion Blur, Depth of Field, Water Quality, Shader Quality (based on google translate :p)

First in-game cutscene presumably on those settings (eeek)

uPlay DL is 14169mb

Please tell me this is on "Low"
VJmpNCq.jpg

Edit: Oh shit, eleve means "high" wtf...

protonion

I like what I've seen in the new videos. A fun open world game. It could get repetitive but wasn't that the reason for the 6 month delay? For such a big team it could make a huge difference.

I find it insane that the npcs have their own details and phone conversations. One could spend hours hacking them.

Lol, the heck? Near the end of one of the gameplay videos, Aiden is talking to
his sister
and he sounds like a completely different person. Like, a fucking normal person. Does that mean his GRAVELLY BADASS MCBATMAN VOICE is just a put-on fake he uses to sound tough?

Haklong

Not sure if this has been mentioned but someone has uploaded some clips on the Xbox One Upload. If you go to the store, then top rated Watch_Dogs should be there. From there you can see some clips on the Xbox One version.

J-P

Neo Member
Is that PS4? good lord this game's gfx's really are disappointing. GTA V looks just as good.

Come on now. Obviously it's not incredible looking but let's be real, GTA V does not look as good. Put them side by side.

Either way, it definitely looks fun. Frame rate seems pretty stable too which goes a long way.

Certinty

Graphics (at times), driving and shooting all look pretty meh. But the game looks immensely fun so I have no reason whatsoever to cancel my preorder.

Vuze

But they told the beta had lower assets to keep the file size down and now the PC version is only 14GB? I expected at least 30.

Considering the install size is ~25gb according to Steam, 30gb download seems unrealistic :p 14 sounds about right to me (compressed).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What are the settings for each?
low, medium, high...?

Overall Quality - Custom
Level of Detail - High
Shadows - High
Reflections - High
Ambient Occlusion - MHBAO *shrug*
Motion Blur(?) - Yes
Depth of Field - Yes
Water - High
Shaders - High

I do not have any idea if High is the highest option for each category. *shrug*

The textures in the shot that actually shows the settings (the girl actually behind the options) look better than that one closeup of Aiden. I wouldn't particularly worry about the graphical quality on PC being below PS4 levels.

It's like talking people down from the ledge with this game sometimes, dang

dmr87

Gif'd the end of the launch trailer, slowed it down alot to be able to see something.

epudpq.gif

____

And a few more.

untwjy.gif

szdmlb.gif

mohnjx.gif

uyjrcf.gif

wtieui.gif

If that's too many gifs for you I can change them to links instead.

Overall Quality - Custom
Level of Detail - High
Shadows - High
Reflections - High
Ambient Occlusion - MHBAO *shrug*
Motion Blur(?) - Yes
Depth of Field - Yes
Water - High
Shaders - High

I do not have any idea if High is the highest option for each category. *shrug*

The textures in the shot that actually shows the settings (the girl actually behind the options) look better than that one closeup of Aiden. I wouldn't particularly worry about the graphical quality on PC being below PS4 levels.

It's like talking people down from the ledge with this game sometimes, dang

No AA setting? Hope that's in with the resolution and V-Sync options. Also the game goes up to Ultra.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Open world games usually have small installs.
Prototype I remember popped out to somewhere right around 10. I'd check SrIV if I was at home
No AA setting? Hope that's in with the resolution and V-Sync options. Also the game goes up to Ultra.
Based on the other options there are shown on that page, I'd think that's where AA would be, so in-game AA might not be an option.

Granted, I'm hoping for GeDoSaTo compatibility either way :D

so melee kill is always successful in this?

gonna be weird after playing blacklist where they just push you down like a motherfucker if you try to melee from the front and they are alerted.

Yeah, this is definitely not high.
The textures look way sharper in one of the screenshots nVidia released of the PC Version. And even if its a bullshot, the difference in texture quality won't be that huge.

The screen you posted must be ultra settings or close to that. The 101 trailer which showed a bunch of ps4 scenes has better quality than the other screen.

isBL6drlV3FVX.png

iHtbf0BjITL1H.png

eh, he looks fine for a character model zoom up.

although i think sleeping dogs looked a bit better in that aspect, but i can't tell if this game has a high res pack or not.

xBladeM6x

I like how in a matter of 5 posts, this topic can go from hype central, to super hype deflation doomsday, back to hype central.

Top Bottom