• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Buburibon

Prototype I remember popped out to somewhere right around 10. I'd check SrIV if I was at home

Based on the other options there are shown on that page, I'd think that's where AA would be, so in-game AA might not be an option.

Granted, I'm hoping for GeDoSaTo compatibility either way :D

GeDoSaTo isn't currently compatible with any DX11 games, is it?

ibwVtWC5ZsoYa.png

From the launch trailer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like how in a matter of 5 posts, this topic can go from hype central, to super hype deflation doomsday, back to hype central.
I feel like the OT title should reflect this place's resemblance to a crisis hotline rather than whatever the current one references :p
GeDoSaTo isn't currently compatible with any DX11 games, is it?
That's a reasonable point, but is this DX11-only?

Ugh, Aiden just looks terrible now.

Part of me wants to boycott this game, but I really want to see how it runs on my PC... I'll wait for reviews before taking any actions. The gameplay I've seen and the story look generic as hell. :/

HowZatOZ

Banned
Haha I love you NeoGAF, one minute the hate is pouring down, next everyone is super excited and wants to pre-order. Guess a competent stream really helps.

looks like a ps2 game
Oh wow, I had no idea! Good looking out.

Yeah, iirc the
2012 demo
used txaa. I think i remember reading an eurogamer article that stated it. I wish nvidia would let other developers use it on consoles since it's cheap and very effective.

Phlebas

Banned
I've seen a playthrough of Watch_Dogs. The game was.... empty? I don't know how to say it but it was nothing special in my opinion.

Buburibon

I feel like the OT title should reflect this place's resemblance to a crisis hotline rather than whatever the current one references :p

That's a reasonable point, but is this DX11-only?

The minimum requirement bits on Steam seem to indicate it's DX11 only. In any case, I'd wager the AA settings can be found under a different options screen, just like in Far Cry 3.

Gaz_RB

I've seen a playthrough of Watch_Dogs. The game was.... empty? I don't know how to say it but it was nothing special in my opinion.

I've seen like 10 playthroughs of WD at this point. Empty is not a word I would use to describe it.

lol nvm, that was a joke post

Might as well do that one too just to keep the quality consistent.

Your gifs look really really pretty What program do you use?

-Deimos

Lol, the heck? Near the end of one of the gameplay videos, Aiden is talking to
his sister
and he sounds like a completely different person. Like, a fucking normal person. Does that mean his GRAVELLY BADASS MCBATMAN VOICE is just a put-on fake he uses to sound tough?

That's what I said.

Them PC textures look like crap. Hopefully it's on low.

Tamanon

Banned
Looks like Best Buy is doing Midnight Openings in many cities for the game. Gamestop isn't. Looks like I'll be picking it up at midnight then.

I don't know what it is, but I can't really quit this game. there's something potentially iconic about aidan in a duster, ball cap and a make shift ski mask. The game has charisma, which I haven't seen from an open world ubi game since Assassin's Creed 2. I remian cautiously optimistic ( eg, reviews/gaf impressions with a grain of salt)

styl3s

No "Digital deluxe" for PS4/X1? Torn between getting the PS4 digital (When can PSN download it in the US? 3am EST?) or Steam/uplay Deluxe.

Winter John

Watched about 40mins or so of a stream on Twitch. Parts of it look fun, but I think Ubi were wise not to release it at the same time as GTA, it would have been totally destroyed. The main character seems to be your typical Brock Dudebro, Man of cardboard. The one thing I noticed was the car that the player was driving had bullet holes in it's back windows, which all disapeared until the window was unmarked. That was weird. Obviously I haven't played it, so shouldn't really judge, but the impressions I got were it's one of those things you buy as a time filler until the game you really want comes out.

Top Bottom