• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Redmoon

Someone asked earlier, so heres the thread load im getting.
i6b2JnWPdx8Fc.png
Don't think HT is getting used, or it is, but hardly.
Ok, well we will probably get real answers in the next 24 hours so long as some of the leakers/hackers have strong PC's.

Fake? No, I doubt it.

Downsampled? Possibly, but that doesn't make it fake of course.

Now we just need some Gaffers to get their hands on the game. I hope there's a HUD off option.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, even 4k down sampled isn't close to those screens you linked.

Also, framerate is terrible at 4k (on two 680s)

Vuze

For those wondering about PC performance it seems ok, get 30-50 fps driving about and 60+ indoors, running an i7 920 OC to 3.8, 10 GB of ram and 7970 6GB GHZ edition. These are my ingame settings

WtODw1Sl.png

Sounds reasonable I guess. Some screenshots would be greatly appreciated, maybe even some 4K bullshot goodness if possible :)

Marcel

FWIW, Nvidia tend to take their own screenshots & videos for their articles...

Its up to you what you want to believe of course, but the game is pretty much out now so there is no more time for bullshit.

I'd be more inclined to take the screenshots seriously if they gave more information on how they were captured. This would go for any multi-platform game quite honestly. But I understand it's more of an ad for the bundle than anything else so they just want to sell the game.

Hasney

VJmpNCq.jpg

dXLr0Ad.jpg

Honestly... if this is what high settings looks like on PC, then this is pretty darn disappointing even for "master race" standards...

I mean it looks moderate at best. Hardly pushing any boundaries.

Just realised that with the settings menu show, he may have those things set to high, but not textures, which is in another menu.

GHG

Gold Member

Unless I'm doing something wrong, even 4k down sampled isn't close to those screens you linked.

Framerate will be terrible at 4k in most games with 2 680's, especially if they are 2GB versions.

Post some 4k downsamples screenshots then! Get your Fraps to the busy :) .

Not at all. I'm giving advice to a new member.

Its all context based. You're not going to get banned just for saying it.

Marcel

How bad? Lots of dips in big action sequences?

TheD

The Detective

Don't know if HT is getting used or not, activity seems to randomly swap threads.

HT looks the same to programs (so a game will be used if it has more threads than there is cores),

By the look of that shot, the game seems to have 6 heavy (as in they do a notable amount of work) threads.

If you want real info about how many threads are using a good chunk of CPU time, download process explorer, right click on the game's process, select properties, then click on the tab called "threads" (you will have to have the game in windowed mode to see it during gameplay).

Cancelled

Neo Member
There is a twitch stream of PC on high settings. Looks better than anything I have seen from PS4 streams so far, although I think the PS4's stream output is only 720P(?)

Seriously tossing up between the two platforms now. Was always going to be a PS4 buy for me because I prefer the couch for this sort of game, but I think it will look markedly better on my 3570k/7970GHZ.

MayMay

Banned
There is a twitch stream of PC on high settings. Looks better than anything I have seen from PS4 streams so far, although I think the PS4's stream output is only 720P(?)

Seriously tossing up between the two platforms now. Was always going to be a PS4 buy for me because I prefer the couch for this sort of game, but I think it will look markedly better on my 3570k/7970GHZ.

Link?

GHG

Gold Member
I'd be more inclined to take the screenshots seriously if they gave more information on how they were captured. This would go for any multi-platform game quite honestly. But I understand it's more of an ad for the bundle than anything else so they just want to sell the game.

The game comes free with their GPUs... they have been doing bundled free games for the last 12-24 months or so. They did it with AC:4 Black flag and these were not bullshots despite people calling foul before the game was released:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...iv-black-flag-pc-nvidia-enhancements-revealed

Needless to say that crowd swiftly disappeared as soon as shots started to surface in the PC screenshot thread.

Dude, he's talking about 4k... on a pair of 680's...

Stop fishing for negativity. Sheesh.

xBladeM6x

Link to stream?

Yes, the Twitch stream of PS4 is locked to 720p only so we haven't really seen much of it from the retail version.

Dude, he's talking about 4k... on a pair of 680's...

Stop fishing for negativity. Sheesh.

How is he fishing, he asked a question, rude condescending post. You if anything is cheerleading pretty damn hard in this thread.

If Ubi doesn't like people doubting them, then all they need to do is man up and post the stats on how they made the screens. Until then, they can just deal with it.

Redmoon

Framerate will be terrible at 4k in most games with 2 680's, especially if they are 2GB versions.

Post some 4k downsamples screenshots then! Get your Fraps to the busy :) .

Its all context based. You're not going to get banned just for saying it.
I've got 4gb cards, though I wasnt expecting this much lag. I'll assume its just sli/lack of vram.

Ill get to resizing some screens in paint shortly. Trying to get some good shots set.

Dips due to constant loading from insufficient vram. At 4K Im seeing up to 4.5GBvram, and 14GB system ram (i dont even know why), WD exe pushing 3GB

xBladeM6x

I'm just waiting for people to figure out which setting aside from AA makes the game chug on lower-high end cards, and when lowered gives back like 20+ FPS and nearly no graphical downgrade. Seems to be the trend nowadays with games. There will be like 10 settings total, and 1 or 2 of them will be the only thing to make the game chug hard.

GHG

Gold Member
How is he fishing, he asked a question, rude condescending post. You if anything is cheerleading pretty damn hard in this thread.

If Ubi doesn't like people doubting them, then all they need to do is man up and post the stats on how they made the screens. Until then, they can just deal with it.

He's fishing since the logical explaination for there being dips at 4k would be VRAM or GPU power related 99% of the time in most games. He asked the question in a way that the answer would point towards the issues being with the game engine itself or optimisation.

EDIT:

And to prove my point:

I've got 4gb cards, though I wasnt expecting this much lag. I'll assume its just sli/lack of vram.

Ill get to resizing some screens in paint shortly. Trying to get some good shots set.

Dips due to constant loading from insufficient vram. At 4K Im seeing up to 4.5GBvram, and 14GB system ram (i dont even know why), WD exe pushing 3GB

Looking forward to the screens :) .

PS. Use GIMP (free) or Photoshop to resize screens, if not you'll lose a lot in quality.

GHG

Gold Member
The lighting in the twitch stream looks great at the moment.

Like with most open-world/dynamic TOD games. The TOD determines a lot in terms of how good the game looks at any given moment.

Linius

I wonder what the game is gonna look like with medium settings, I'm not gonna be able to get more out of it. But it can't be worse than last gen and since I don't have a current gen console yet I'll settle for that :p

Top Bottom