• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

rashbeep

Banned
They did let it get out of control because they never really addressed it? And it still permeates in the discussion of the game up to right now? It's Ubisoft's job to control the image of their game (marketing!) and they did a shitty job. Don't be a game industry mark on this.

They actually did address this, and suggested that the pc version would look like the 2012 reveal (and in some areas even better!). So yea I think people have the right to be a little pissed when this was clearly not the case.

They did, multiple times release walkthroughs of the game.

They did address it by confirming that the ps4 version=high settings on pc. And last time I checked, they spend way more time talking about the GAMEPLAY in nearly every trailer and walkthrough they released. That's exactly what I want to hear about during the majority of trailers and advertisements.

Right can you link me to a recent walkthrough Ubisoft showed us of the PC version? Because I haven't seen any footage at all until these screenshots today. Last time I saw "PC" was the initial reveal 2 years ago.

Vuze

Yup, looks pretty crappy compared to what they "promised" esp. the daylight shots. Wow, didn't expect something like... that... on maxed out settings.

Smash88

Banned
Someone on reddit posted these settings shots:

CWisg8j.png

m6Nbo1z.png

IFDlSeD.png

The rest of the album:

http://imgur.com/a/oH9Bq

----------

He is saying he is getting, "Unfortunately this game is going to actually be a beast to run. So far in the less populated area's I'm looking at about 40-45fps. Driving around I'm getting 30 to maybe 40fps." - at these settings and specs, "Just starting it up now. Trying it maxed completely out on a i5 3570k GTX 780Ti and 24GB of ram."

It looks like YMMV from computer to computer - some are reporting higher frames than others with varying specs. Good luck in the frame lotto everyone.

Hasney

They released multiple walkthroughs that specifically showed off the gameplay and world.

They did address it by confirming that the ps4 version=high settings on pc. And last time I checked, they spent way more time talking about the GAMEPLAY in nearly every trailer and walkthrough they released. That's exactly what I want to hear about during the majority of trailers and advertisements.

Good for you. I, too, am more interested in the gameplay side, but not everyone is. Especially when there was a noticeable downgrade. Did you not think that saying you're "tired" of something that clearly not everyone else is would actually lead to more discussion of it? If you were tired, you should have walked away :)

Marcel

They actually did address this, and suggested that the pc version would look like the 2012 reveal (and in some areas even better!). So yea I think people have the right to be a little pissed when this was clearly not the case.

That's what I mean I guess. Rather than give realistic reasons for why the game had to be paired down, they just went with some PR spin bullshit. Typical Ubisoft.

Goddammit. Do you know how hard it was for me not to watch the opening these past few days?

WHY DID YOU RUIN IT FOR ME?

Erm, sorry dude. Didn't force you to click the link though.

edit: This material is so old that I seriously doubt it's the opening of the retail game.

That's what I mean I guess. Rather than give realistic reasons for why the game had to be paired down, they just went with some PR spin bullshit. Typical Ubisoft.

Exactly what I was getting at. Couldn't of said it better. Instead of being honest and addressing our concerns they just put a bit of PR spin on the whole situation.

Yes we all care about gameplay but if you're on the fence on whether to buy it on pc or ps4 you want to see some freaking footage of the PC version. Only now are we getting actual footage from players and not bullshots that Nvidia posted.

TheD

The Detective

CWisg8j.png

m6Nbo1z.png

IFDlSeD.png

The rest of the album:

----------

He is saying he is getting, "Unfortunately this game is going to actually be a beast to run. So far in the less populated area's I'm looking at about 40-45fps. Driving around I'm getting 30 to maybe 40fps." - at these settings and specs, "Just starting it up now. Trying it maxed completely out on a i5 3570k GTX 780Ti and 24GB of ram."

It looks like YMMV from computer to computer - some are reporting higher frames than others with varying specs. Good luck in the frame lotto everyone.

Is that performance with TXAA 4X (like in that second screenshot) enabled?

ottomatteseo

Neo Member
I think majority of us agree that this game is disappointing graphic-wise. I'm looking forward for this game since the E3 trailers. Now, I'll wait for reviews whether or not the gameplay would warrant a purchase.

MayMay

Banned
So is the game playable on Uplay already with a retail copy (PC) or not..

No one has an answer? So everyone is playing the pirated version? lol

Smash88

Banned
Is that performance with TXAA 4X (like in that second screenshot) enabled?

Unfortunately, he does not say. It seems people with a whole range of specs are either getting higher than others, with better specs or lower than others. I can only assume that this guy had maxed out AA or something, that's the only way I can see him getting such "low" frames, versus the other gaffer who has worse specs but better frames maxed out.

Man, those PC pics are underwhelming.

What are you talking about?

http://minus.com/mSO3IT8AL0GCz

These shots look incredible. You need to get your eyes checked.

GHG

Gold Member
Unfortunately, he does not say. It seems people with a whole range of specs are either getting higher than others, with better specs or lower than others. I can only assume that this guy had maxed out AA or something, that's the only way I can see him getting such "low" frames, versus the other gaffer who has worse specs but better frames maxed out.

Either that or he hasn't overclocked his CPU.

Kayant

Yep am not even a big PC gamer (don't have the setup to run games HD4000 looool) but this is disappointing.

The tweets in question -

"Guys... Trailer wasn't a good GFX ref. E3 2012 was PC as we always said and E3 2013 is PS4 reference. Was always the case..."

"In many regards better. We did not stop working and PC never stop to evolve..."

jett

D-Member
Based on the media this thread, seems the game turned out to be simply ugly, for aesthetic and/or technical reasons.

Marcel

E3 2012 was basically a target render. There's really no disputing it anymore considering the screenshots that people are showing.

GHG

Gold Member
Can I lock framerate to 30fps with ingame settings?

Doesn't look to be an option. You'll have to do it via msi afterburner or nvidia inspector.

Hopefully enabling AF via the nvidia control panel will get the AF cleaned up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

This guy is such a joke. I haven't seen anything that looks even remotely close to this:

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

Especially the lighting compared to the full game is such a downgrade. Yeah i said it, downgrade.

E3 2012 was basically a target render. There's really no disputing it anymore considering the screenshots that people are showing.

Then they should have said "does not represent actual gameplay footage".

HowZatOZ

Banned

What are you talking about?

http://minus.com/mSO3IT8AL0GCz

These shots look incredible. You need to get your eyes checked.

Hot damn they look good, though I'm worried having only 8GB RAM may not be enough. My i7 3770k and 770 4GB should suffice though.

I really wonder though whether we'll see a texture pack. Did AC4 get one at all on PC?

Hasney

Hot damn they look good, though I'm worried having only 8GB RAM may not be enough. My i7 3770k and 770 4GB should suffice though.

I really wonder though whether we'll see a texture pack. Did AC4 get one at all on PC?

Seriously, if their textures at ultra are already eating up 3gb of VRAM, I doubt we'll be seeing one.

This guy is such a joke. I haven't seen anything that looks even remotely close to this:

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

Especially the lighting compared to the full game is such a downgrade. Yeah i said it, downgrade.

Then they should have said "does not represent actual gameplay footage".

Why is the car on the left breaking apart when Aiden rolled into it. Is his legs made out of metal

CWisg8j.png

m6Nbo1z.png

IFDlSeD.png

The rest of the album:

----------

honestly that performance is better than i was anticipating based off the recommended specs the game got.

Was way better than the performance i got out of GTA4 with a ok rig of that time at the very least lol.

How can you expect a texture pack when ultra requires 3gb vram? :)

Top Bottom