• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I've completed the story in bad blood dlc. T-bone is far better character than Aiden and story missions are fun and varied (some sniping, turret defense, stealth infiltration...).
Co-op is great and it works flawlessly.
Ubisoft should make this dlc a standalone title.

Some changes compared to the main game:

-> New mode called street sweep. It's basically infinite gang hideouts with random objectives. You can play this alone or in co-op. On top of that there are special gang hideouts daily challenges with leaderboards where you compete with others. They refresh every few hours
-> You can now hack witnesses phone and cut off police calls from a distance instead of taking their phone or shooting them
-> New gadget (RC car) is fun to use and you can use it also in free roam. But only when doing gang hideouts
-> Random ''prevent a crime encounters'' are now gone
-> That annoying repeating radio news are gone
-> Video news where pedestrians recognize you are also gone
-> You get armor-piercing bullets upgrade. With this those heavy armored dudes are killed almost instantly when aiming for headshots
-> Online races and team decryption modes are gone. It's fine they were shit anyway with horrible lag and framereate drops
-> You can still play all AR games and digital trips. They are the same as before just this time you play as T-bone
-> Online modes include tailing, hack invasions, street sweep (new mode) and ctoes mobile challenge

They also tweaked police behavior !
At ''level one chaos/star'' police officers try to arrest you instead and you can do that fake surrender move :)

BydGBjJIgAEDml8.jpg

Also the police helicopter now starts shooting at you at level 5 ! It only shoots before level 5 if you attack it directly.

SJRB

Gold Member
I've completed the story in bad blood dlc. T-bone is far better character than Aiden and story missions are fun and varied (some sniping, turret defense, stealth infiltration...).
Co-op is great and it works flawlessly.
Ubisoft should make this dlc a standalone title.

Some changes compared to the main game:

-> New mode called street sweep. It's basically infinite gang hideouts with random objectives. You can play this alone or in co-op. On top of that there are special gang hideouts daily challenges with leaderboards where you compete with others. They refresh every few hours
-> You can now hack witnesses phone and cut off police calls from a distance instead of taking their phone or shooting them
-> New gadget (RC car) is fun to use and you can use it also in free roam. But only when doing gang hideouts
-> Random ''prevent a crime encounters'' are now gone
-> That annoying repeating radio news are gone
-> Video news where pedestrians recognize you are also gone
-> You get armor-piercing bullets upgrade. With this those heavy armored dudes are killed almost instantly when aiming for headshots
-> Online races and team decryption modes are gone. It's fine they were shit anyway with horrible lag and framereate drops
-> You can still play all AR games and digital trips. They are the same as before just this time you play as T-bone
-> Online modes include tailing, hack invasions, street sweep (new mode) and ctoes mobile challenge

They also tweaked police behavior !
At ''level one chaos/star'' police officers try to arrest you instead and you can do that fake surrender move :)

BydGBjJIgAEDml8.jpg

Also the police helicopter now starts shooting at you at level 5 ! It only shoots before level 5 if you attack it directly.

Are these tweaks for the DLC only or do they affect the base game as well?

That's a lot of stuff that should've been implemented WAY earlier.

Are these tweaks for the DLC only or do they affect the base game as well?

That's a lot of stuff that should've been implemented WAY earlier.

Only for the DLC.

Main game is still the same. Last patch only brought convoy and gang hideouts reset option.

If they do then I've only seen them go on sale for like 25% off which IDC about.

Also I'm talking about season passes on steam, I don't play console games much, nor do I have a ps4/one/wiiu.

Season passes go on sale on Steam too, as well as on sites that sell steam keys for the season passes. You just have to known when and where to look, you'll be surprised at how much they can be discounted for 12 months after release.

jbw

Banned
So do I even bother to go and finish this game?

I stopped at around... Hmmm... Don't remember where I stopped...

Don't even remember much of anything about this game. It seems to have blended into all the other open world games in that stale genre.

Not knocking it though, it's a legit question: Is it worth playing through?

This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but how do you start Bad Blood?

I've downloaded and installed the DLC on my PS4, but the main menu doesn't have any option to load up Bad Blood (just lets me load up my usual game) and I can't see anything in-game that would let me start it either.

I like T-Bone! Wish the whole game was about him instead. He's got more character in the patches on his jacket than Aiden's whole story. Started but haven't finished DLC, enjoying it so far.

I like T-Bone! Wish the whole game was about him instead. He's got more character in the patches on his jacket than Aiden's whole story. Started but haven't finished DLC, enjoying it so far.

I wasn't really fired up about the DLC but it's really good fun... it gets a lot of things right that the main campaign didn't. A big part of it is that T-Bone brings a sense of anarchic fun that fits the hacker theme much better than the ever-brooding Aiden. I also feel that the environment hacking in the story missions is integrated better (projecting puzzles over the background is a nice touch) and the RC vehicle is a fitting addition.

Best of all, the randomised street sweeper missions make for excellent 15 minute bursts of emergent action/stealth gameplay.

If enjoyed the core mechancis of Watch_Dogs (which really are very well implemented), you'll have fun with the DLC .

krae_man

I'm hypes for Bad Blood. Any dlc named after a WWE PPV has to be good.

Season pass didn't describe what you got for your $20 anywhere near good enough to warrant paying for it imo. It basically said tbone dlc and *generic vague descriptions go here*

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That's a nice list of changes, I hope they include these and many more for the next game. Or else.

I've downloaded and installed the DLC on my PS4, but the main menu doesn't have any option to load up Bad Blood (just lets me load up my usual game) and I can't see anything in-game that would let me start it either.

Check if there are missions available, there's gotta be one that's for the DLC. Or check Google.

So do I even bother to go and finish this game?

I stopped at around... Hmmm... Don't remember where I stopped...

Don't even remember much of anything about this game. It seems to have blended into all the other open world games in that stale genre.

Not knocking it though, it's a legit question: Is it worth playing through?

Depends: want to be disappointed in the storyline? If yes, keep playing.

It should be from the main menu:

Byx_U8QIcAAZ7UA.jpg:large

It's not a tweak. You can do it in the main game since launch.

No you can't. It only works at the beginning before you complete a few story missions. After that it doesn't work anymore and '' that's not a bug, it's a feature'' according to Ubisoft ._. Apparently the police has shoot to kill orders once they know who you are or some bullshit like that.

Montresor

I'm playing an early game mission in the new T-Bone DLC. I hacked a guard's phone to distract him. Once I did that his phone started playing Land Of The Livid Theme from Rayman Origins/Legends.

That was a cute Easter egg. <3

SpyGuy239

Hey GAF, what s t he consensus now? I just bought the game on PC, does the game play better with the visual mod or not? i.e. do the enhanced visual effects of the mod detract from the game play (i.e. background blur/depth of field)

Thanks!

SJRB

Gold Member
Started playing Bad Blood today because, well why not. I bought the Season Pass and even though I fucking hate T-Bone I was bored and gave it a shot.

The story is ultra-straightforward but solid nontheless. Some guy is in deep shit because of things T-Bone did way back, so he has to step up and help him out. Makes sense. I also like that there's a lot of "throwbacks" to the main game's narrative and side characters.

The ctOS alert stuff is gone, so no more popups of people getting mugged in alleys every 30 seconds. No more gang hideouts, but instead some interesting timed assignments with leaderboard structured into it which will reward you tokens, used to unlock outfits. It's pretty cool. The concept is similar to gang hideouts as it's still location-based objectives, but instead of KO-ing the leader like in gang hideouts, these missions are more varied. Blow up a weapons cache, download data from a phone, some laptops, etc. Every mission has secondary objectives for bonus points, usually stuff like "don't kill anyone" and "don't get detected".

Other than that not much news. T-Bone's basic animations are identical to Aiden, his melee weapon is fucking rediculous [he swings a huge wrench around which is strapped to his back like Cole in Infamous 2 and has a tazer as a secondary]. I miss the casual "hand in pocket" stroll, haha. The RC car is okay but kind of a gimmick since its use is limited [you can only deploy is in red-marked mission areas].

All in all it seems like a solid piece of DLC.

ocean

Banned
Guys, sorry if this kind of bump is frowned upon but my roommate just got this game. He's been playing a lot and I have a question.

On PS4, does this game support multiple save files? He uses my account when he plays but I was wondering if I could start the game and keep separate progression. Thanks in advance!

I just bought the game for 12.99 on gamefly. I managed to avoid most of the hype prior to release with only a little bit of exposure to the game media. What am I in for here? Solid 8 title but overhyped? Junk? Did any amount of patching or dlc make the game different post launch?

lordxar

I just bought the game for 12.99 on gamefly. I managed to avoid most of the hype prior to release with only a little bit of exposure to the game media. What am I in for here? Solid 8 title but overhyped? Junk? Did any amount of patching or dlc make the game different post launch?

Beat it a week or so back and it wasn't bad at all. Aside from less than pretty graphics it played well enough. Story was pretty cool actually.

Rembrandt

Banned

A very average game that has some unique features but unfortunately those unique features become boring extremely fast and the typical Ubisoft open world full of pointless collectibles and shit. The convey and hideout (or whatever they're called) side missions are the best. The soundtrack and radio is horrible. The hacking got old. The gunplay is satisfying. The details about the NPCs is an interesting feature but serves no real purpose and the novelty factor wears off pretty fast. Tbh, the only things the game does right is the gunplay and the cops stuff. I regret buying it full price and digitally.

Also the multiplayer is so bad. The free roam is hilariously bareboned. Yeah, this game was a huge fucking disappointment to me. It isn't horrible at all, though. Just extremely average.

velociraptor

Playing this on PS4 and holy shit the graphics look horrendous.

It looks okay during night but it looks worse than GTAV during daytime.

Watching 'Ultra PC' videos on Youtube doesn't lend the game any favours either.

Catdaddy

So I'm replaying (made it thru act 3, first time). I'm thinking of doing all side missions I can before I get out of Act 1, my next mission is "open your world". Anyone else try this? Thought being, to load up on skill points to make the missions easier.

malfcn

Anyone have Bad Blood on One? Want to do the Street Sweep achievements but I think nobody is on. That's what I get for bit playing it when it first came out..

YoodlePro

Hey guys. I can get it on PS4 for £10. I've heard a lot of bad stuff regarding this game but I always wanted to try it out.

Is it worth bothering? Already got GTA V and far cry 4 for my open world needs.

Thanks

SJRB

Gold Member
Can't go wrong for 10 bucks, really. Watchdogs is a solid game. Not without flaws for sure, but 10 bucks is a steal. If only for the amazing city Ubisoft has created. I absolutely love the way it looks and "feels". So much amazing architecture and cool stuff.

wipeout364

Just finished the main campaign last night. Started a couple of times and quit before. I have to say I don't really get the hate for the narrative, overall seemed pretty good. Aiden was a erratic character that was hard to sort out but anybody who kills that much would be a pretty unlikeable guy I think, with unclear motivations. I thought it was an interesting choice to present him as such an bizarre personality compared to most mass murders in games. GTA 5 is probably the closest I can think of, but it adds so much humor it doesn't seem as in your face.

Overall I thought the game was a good start for ubisoft in a new franchise. Whether that's good or bad depends on your opinion of the current AAA climate.

_RT_

Stayed away from most of the chatter as this game came out and finally got around to playing it.
I actually really enjoyed it.
Still going through doing all of the investigations.

One question...
Suspend and resume was working great on the ps4 version and then it seemed to just.... stop. I can't do it anymore. I have to quit the game.
Am I missing something?

Catdaddy

So it appears that Watch_Dogs has this bizzaro-multiplayer thing. It seems the fewer people that are playing the more you are thrown into multi-player (being invaded), ass-backwards of most aging games with dwindling populations.

My first playthrough at release I rarely got invaded and in the later acts I don’t think I was, since I didn’t do any offensive invading, and it supposedly scales to match that. I started a second playthough few months back and was invaded about every hour or so (again no offensive). Picked up where I left off this weekedn, near the end of Act 2, and it was about 20-30 minutes between invasions. I also noticed that it was the first time I haven’t seen a “mayor” for several points of interest, and a couple were near the Willis Tower so it’s not in the middle of nowhere, which is telling me the population has dropped off.

Not sure for anyone that is playing how long it’s taking to find a match for invasion. I kinda like the invasions, it can be irritating if I’m in the middle of a side quest, although it’s became so frequent I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing especially if I’m somewhere where they can be above or below me.

malfcn

Finally finished Bad Blood.

I slept through the ending, so maybe the conclusion was lost on me. The final confrontation was another series of button pushes.

When T is on BLumeForge and hacks the serves to see what they have on Frewer, "whoa this is baaaad." What was so bad?

squadr0n

GameStop currently has this game for 10$ until the 25th and I seriously implore anyone that didnt give this game a chance when it first launched. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this game actually is. Yes it has some faults. The visuals arent as sharp as most PS4 titles released since and some of the gameplay mechanics feel dated like not being able to shoot while driving, but what it does right is amazing. I really enjoy getting to play as a modern day vigilante that is actually plausible and not a superhero. The biggest issue I have with the game though is how Ubisoft recycles the same systems in all their titles, which isnt to say it doesnt work in Watch Dogs but they could have atleast come up with something new for each new game. Dont know why I didnt give this game a fair chance when it first came out. After all the backlash it got when it came out I figured it had to be seriously fucked.

After all the criticism they got from people that actually played this game they can really make something special if they decide to do a sequel. At 10$ this game is a must buy, atleast for me it is. I will definitely be there day one for Watch Dogs 2 now.

So I'd decided to replay this game on my Norwegian account as I've done it on my us account. I had disconnects from the uplay servers non stop while just playing the single player. Anyone else?

Also the graphics have held up well imo

Cormano

So, I decided to resume this game after not playing it for over a year, and I think im almost done with the campaign, I just noticed that theres some DLC, is it worth it?, does it ever go on sale?

$15 usd for some DLC seems quite steep.

Top Bottom