• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs' size is 20.42 GB (on Xbox One)

ekim

http://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/WATCH-DOGS/9bab4a04-4ac7-4221-85de-43c89b08c6bd

untitledwyxbe.png

No file size yet on SEN for the PS4 version.

Tagg9

Looks like they made sure the game fit on a single-layered BD25. Probably cheaper than going double layer.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Just out of curiosity, has there ever been a multi-plat game (this gen or last gen) where there was a pretty big size disparity of file size for any console game?

ekim

Looks like they made sure the game fit on a single-layered BD25. Probably cheaper than going double layer.

I guess it will be at least 2 discs for the 360 version unless they use much more low res assets for it.

Nemesis_

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been a multi-plat game (this gen or last gen) where there was a pretty big size disparity of file size for any console game?

There definitely has been but I can't remember which game it was. It was pretty huge too.

DieH@rd

Banned

Maybe 1 cent cheaper.

I don't think that was their focus. As every other open world game, they rely heavily on procedural assets and tons of repeating textures.

LoveCake

Thats not very big when you consider Wolfenstein The New Order is 47GB & WD's is somewhat a openworld/sandbox game.

scsa

I guess it's time to up my ps4 hard drive to 2TB or more to accommodate all these games. People with bandwidth caps and mutually, who are digital only consumers, are screwed this gen. Cannot ever imagine downloading a 20gig file.

Dragon

Banned
I guess it's time to to my ps4 hard drive to 2TB or more to accommodate all these games. People with bandwidth caps and mutually are digital only consumers are screwed this gen. Cannot ever imagine downloading a 20gig file.

I downloaded a bunch, not a problem for me and I can remote play any game without dealing with switching discs too.

BigDug13

I think being cross-gen is the only reason they didn't go bigger. They have to still rely on the DVD format. Once all games are this gen only, I wouldn't be surprised if Watch Dogs 2 is nearly 50gb.

Dragon

Banned
I really wish Sony (maybe MS has this) would add recommendations or reviews to the online store. Look at this spread of Watch_Dogs ratings on the SEN store:

Code:
star_rating: {total:414, score:4.91,…}
count: [{star:1, count:4}, {star:3, count:4}, {star:4, count:10}, {star:5, count:396}]
0: {star:1, count:4}
1: {star:3, count:4}
2: {star:4, count:10}
3: {star:5, count:396}

What's the point of a. allowing a game to be rated before it's out and b. having almost all games have a solid 5 stars. It's just not a good system.

Also, looks like Sony has a lot more digital preorders if we go based on these ratings.

PS3 games were almost always larger by a few GBs due to higher quality audio files. They often had better quality cutscenes as well, with FFXIII probably being the biggest example of this.

No reason for that to be the case this gen given both systems use blu-ray.

ViciousDS

Banned
that's tiny for an open world game in this day....makes me wonder about the texture resolutions or quality of textures.

Will have to see PS4 size for comparison.

Yoday

I'm surprised that it's only 21 GB. Wolfenstein is 47 GB big.

Let's see what this means for the texture resolution.
You can't really compare the two. Wolfenstein uses id Tech 5, which requires a completely massive amount of space for it's texture system. If they had the disc space to do it, and didn't have to worry about download sizes they would have made it 100GB+.

hoyalawya

Microsoft needs to hurry up with enabling external storage for game install. Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein combined will be 60+ GB, not counting DLC.

BigDug13

that's tiny for an open world game in this day....makes me wonder about the texture resolutions or quality of textures.

Will have to see PS4 size for comparison.

Sleeping Dogs PC with the added high res texture pack downloaded takes up a total of 11.4GB in my STEAM folder. Is 20.42GB really that tiny?

Dragon

Banned
Nope just like on the PS store you can rate a game without having to buy it.

Almost 100% certain you cannot do this on PS Store. You can "like" a game but you can't rate it until after you buy it.

Not impressed. My Lego City Undercover in my Wii U is 20 GB.

Which is more than the Basic version of the Wii U. Not exactly impressive in its own right :p.

Top Bottom