• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14

PC version would have been gimped as well because we all know its based off the lowest common denominator, it will never match the clarity of that original E3 video which is a shame because I was planning on buying this for PC but them gimping the visuals just makes me wonder what else has been gimped.

What I don't get is how can these games be gimped? The demo's were surely running off PS4 hardware, so how can such a downgrade even happen?

image_315971_full.jpg

image_315970_full.jpg

image_315969_full.jpg

image_315968_full.jpg

image_315967_full.jpg

image_315972_full.jpg

Man, those are some bullshots.

MaxiLive

I can assure you the PS4 is capable of far more, as is the xbox one and the PC. I thought it was pretty bad, but I suppose I'm biased towards the PC so my perspective is skewed

It is, so is the Xbox One and the PC but maybe not in the time frame, resources and tools available. Partnered with the size of project etc.

riflen

Mate, I have been playing enough ubisoft games to tell you...

If you are judging their games by screenshots

You are going to have a bad time.

Heh true. Far Cry 3 had very similar images for promotion. Going by that, the image-quality might be vaguely achievable at playable frame-rates in a couple of years on a pricey PC, but some represent a level of fidelity that's completely impossible in-game.

dreamfall

Wait, I totally thought this was PS3/360 footage. I mean, those are some fantastic bullshots!

Graphics aside, I'm still excited. That gruff voice, explosions, Cage-like accents, Saints Row tackling animation, pretty French girl, nice bearded man...

In all seriousness, is it wrong that I'm most excited about the voyeuristic aspect of the game? I hope there are files that we can hack into for a great number of different NPCs. I'm also looking forward to explore Chicago, as a new open world. Hopefully, the parkour will allow us to traverse tall buildings!

I hope the PS4 version doesn't look close to that trailer.

I second that - in all honesty I don't think I will be picking this up anyway - far too many games on the PS3/ PS4 that I will want by the Summer including Infamous and MGS GZ along with Dark Souls 2 to play.

People who don't complain about the graphics obviously have low standards - I spent £350 on the PS4 for much improved graphics!

Nzyme32

Previews like this irritate me to no end. Sure, it's Game Informer, but it's amazing to see them nail games like ZombiU at every chance but try to sell that AAA game that happens to be one of GameStops priorities in regards to preorders.

Maybe it's really as fun as they make it out to be, but it reminds me of the hyperbolic GTAV preview articles on IGN.

Welcome to games journalism. You are better off waiting to here how good a game is from friends rather than reading the nonsense reviews over the coming months

Marc

Ugh... I bought a PS4 for this, my heart was crushed when they delayed it. I considered cancelling my PS4... for 'this'? This can't be the PS4 trailer, surely?

It looks soooo bad, it doesn't even look good for a last gen game. GTAV, Beyond, Last of Us etc. craps all over it. Its not even just the IQ that looks bad, I mean his cloth physics have gone back to last gen... looks fixed and badly animated now.

Was this game a broken mess or something, is that why it was delayed and now they're just trying to get it out of the door in a playable format?

I will wait for the reviews now I think, as I am now expecting this game to be a buggy mess if this was them showing the games 'best' bits.

:-(

Yasae

Banned
Visually, it looks good for this gen.

It looks sub-par for next gen or PC.

It's a cross-platform port. And nothing we saw in the initial reveal trailer was anything that can't be done on a PC/PS4/XB1. We've already seen plenty of other games - a few of them open world - which look as good if not significantly better than the reveal of WD. It looked great but it didn't look unbelievable.

This trailer got me hooked and the short gameplay vid suggested a longer mission structure for some things in the game. That would keep me playing.

charsace

The PC version looks fucking great.

Visually, it looks good for this gen.

It looks sub-par for next gen or PC.

It's a cross-platform port. And nothing we saw in the initial reveal trailer was anything that can't be done on a PC/PS4/XB1. We've already seen plenty of other games - a few of them open world - which look as good if not significantly better than the reveal of WD. It looked great but it didn't look unbelievable.

This trailer got me hooked and the short gameplay vid suggested a longer mission structure for some things in the game. That would keep me playing.
You're nuts. Sleeping Dogs is the best looking last gen open world game. This game blows that away. Its better in every way graphically.

Phil4000

No way that was the PC version, the system requirements are sky high....
This story trailer is probably all PS4 footage...

Minimum Requirements
Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

Recommended Requirements
Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

woen

Could people stop whining about the graphics everytime a 2min compressed trailer without real gameplay is released ?

"lol it's a PS2/PS1 game, pre-order canceled, smoke and mirrors"

Have they said anything about a dynamic day night cycle? Or will it be a few static times of day like Saints Row 3 and Infamous SS?

Top Bottom