• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs Wii U version release date (apparently) set

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest gripe with the game is the poor UI, inventory management and constant notifications and popups coming on the screen. If Ubisoft was smart they'd put all that on the gamepad and leave the TV with a minimal HUD. But I highly doubt they'd do that. This will most likely be a vanilla port with no DLC.
Well, Black Flag had a Wii U gamepad mode, where there would be no HUD, and everything was on the gamepad, so it's possible, and you could turn off individual things as well. The thing I'm worried about is whether there will be the Blacklist loading times or the Black Flag framerate or both. But loading times shouldn't be a problem.

JNA

Banned
At this point the retail case isn't even going to contain the disc. Just this picture of Yves Guillemot:

bqeRPIF.jpg

He makes a very good troll face.

Mory Dunz

Not really sure why they are wasting their time. This is going to be the lowest selling Ubisoft game to date. Honestly, they might be able to sell it for $30, but I sincerely doubt they will sell even 200k at full retail.

I'm wondering if it can even cross the 100K barrier.

I wonder if this will end up being rare and valuable like some of those third party Gamecube games that got super low print runs. Aren't there like random Gamecube sports games that sell for hundreds of dollars?

There are 3 routes that this could go:

1.) It retails for $59.99, and no one buys it.

2.) It never releases, which obviously means no one buys it.

3.) It releases for a discounted price of $39.99-$49.99, and very,very, few people buy it.

Well I guess better late than never.... They better at least release the game at a discounted price ($29.99 0r $39.99 is far enough) also include the future dlc for free.

I wonder if this will end up being rare and valuable like some of those third party Gamecube games that got super low print runs. Aren't there like random Gamecube sports games that sell for hundreds of dollars?

I'm expecting NPD sales lower than what Assassin's Creed achieved on the system.

So somewhere lower than 50K first holiday season.

It won't be super low...but it will further justify Ubisoft's decision to forego future Wii U ports.

A couple third party GC games are pretty rare now, like Beyond Good and Evil on Gamecube is priced around $30-40 on Ebay. Also NCAA 2K3 Basketball is pretty rare too along with the gamecube version of Resident Evil Code Veronica X. Seriouslys its like $8 on PS2 while finding a copy in good condition on GC is around $40.

So many games released these days are just fads, they come out - people care for a few days and then they're forgotten. Watch Dogs is one of those games

A couple third party GC games are pretty rare now, like Beyond Good and Evil on Gamecube is priced around $30-40 on Ebay. Also NCAA 2K3 Basketball is pretty rare too along with the gamecube version of Resident Evil Code Veronica X. Seriouslys its like $8 on PS2 while finding a copy in good condition on GC is around $40.

All of the games you mentioned have sales that are approximately around what I would expect Watch_Dogs would perform.

So it makes a lot of sense that Watch_Dogs will probably become scarce in the future...along with a bunch of other Wii U stuff.

But honestly, there are some Wii U games that will be even more super-rare because of crazy low print runs. Like Funky Barn for example.

Buggy Loop

So it'll be nintendo fan's fault and Wii U's userbase problems to blame when the game does not sell? Certainly not the delay nor the bad press the game got after release? They missed their chance to fish ignorant gamers on Wii U.

Cant wait for UBI's press.

Platy

Curious to see how it performs .... I heard some interesting urban legends about this version being ridiculously delayed because Nintendo didn't acept the game to be gimped to have equal graphics in all platforms .... you know, the same thing that lead to the "OMFG GRAPHICS" being in the pc version but disabled.

cacildo

I dont like ubisoft games
I dont like the current "open world" games

But i could buy this day one if they sold it for $19,99

Hey, haters gonna hate, but for some real honest talk... those Gang Hideout missions were more fun to play than what I was doing in any Assassin's Creed (but I have not played 4 yet^^). This is waaaay to late and inexcusable, but if it is a competent port and fairly priced I could see some Wii U only folks still having fun with this.

assassins-creed.jpg

Come back to us after you play the naval combat in Black Flag...
:)

iKhayal18

I thought I would not like AC games at all, but I'm playing Assassin's Creed III on the Wii U and I just love it (even thought they did not put too much effort on creating something exclusive for the Gamepad, at least having a bigger map on your controller is kind of useful). I think that even if you don't like them, you have to appreciate the effort put into making an Assassin's Creed game (which is even more appreciated if the game is fully dubbed into your language, and I'm talking about a VERY HIGH quality dubbing).

All that content, all those extra missions, all that information... I just cannot stop feeling ashamed because I bought it for just 5€...

I don't know if Watchdogs is similar to AC, but at least we should get the opportunity to play it. Of course, I hope is not released at full price (60€), because nobody will buy it then.

I think 30€/40€ with DLC included and some kind of adapted controls for the Gamepad (showing that they have put a little bit of effort on adapting the game for Wii U during these three months since the game launched on other platforms) would at least move some copies.

openrob

I STILL have my preorder at Game for this. Cancelling that and transferring it to smash or Bayo or something. I might get this if it is real cheap and has all the features and DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom