• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs Wii U version release date (apparently) set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
what year?

The Year of Luigi.

hxyXR66.gif

Hey, haters gonna hate, but for some real honest talk... those Gang Hideout missions were more fun to play than what I was doing in any Assassin's Creed (but I have not played 4 yet^^). This is waaaay to late and inexcusable, but if it is a competent port and fairly priced I could see some Wii U only folks still having fun with this.

Herne

Far too late for me, I got the pc version at launch. And I really wanted to get it on Wii U. Damn you, Ubisoft.

SoulUnison

Banned
Wait, it's still not on Wii U, yet?

Geez, there's going to be nobody left who wants to play and hasn't already gotten it on a different platform.

FoneBone

Wait, it's still not on Wii U, yet?

Geez, there's going to be nobody left who wants to play and hasn't already gotten it on a different platform.

I'm still not going believe it's actually happening until it's out on store shelves. I mean, it wouldn't have sold even if it were day-and-date with the other versions, but I can't understand why they'd bother at this point.

ThaGuy

I wouldn't mind buying this, but we have no information on what this game is like on Wii U. At least give us a Wii U watch dogs video.

WillyFive

They did everything possible to make sure this is the version no one gets, including not selling it when people would have possibly wanted it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
At this point the retail case isn't even going to contain the disc. Just this picture of Yves Guillemot:

bqeRPIF.jpg

By then, I'll have already played Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 and Smash Wii U and Captain Toad will likely be just around the corner.

I'll pass.

Effect

They did everything possible to make sure this is the version no one gets, including not selling it when people would have possibly wanted it.

It's actually quite amazing when looked at from that direction. Now watch the game be priced at $59.99. Include no extra content that was already released on other systems and not use the gamepad at all.. No inventory, etc. It will get just a press release. No trailer, nothing to even attempt to sell the game to those with a Wii U or who might have wanted to get it on the Wii U do to possible gamepad features. I don't expect there to be any knowledge of what the game even looks like before it releases.

Edit:

I decided a while ago after reading impressions on the game, seeing video, that it wasn't worth the wait. If people want a experience like this I still say go buy Lego City Undercover. It's a damn good game and is a LOT of fun. If it crashes in price I might be tempted to get it just because but no way would I touch this at the price Ubisoft is going to likely ask for it after all this time. I really hope those with a Wii U spend their money wisely. Buying this game will change nothing. Support is gone and it's not coming back. Wait until Ubisoft puts their titles on sale on the eshop or drops the price.

The precedent set by Ubisoft games like Black Flag on the Wii U makes it reasonable to expect that after Watch Dogs tanks, it won't be long until a combination of permanent price drops and Ubisoft catalogue sales on the eShop (which went as steep as 75% off this summer) make the game dirt cheap. Given how Ubisoft has already committed to dropping the Wii U for similar titles, it is in the consumer's interest to let this game fail at launch and pick it up on impulse later.

JohnGrimm

2 Assassin's Creeds and The Crew on the 11th

Far Cry 4 and Watch Dogs WiiU on the 18th

Christ Ubisoft, space them out..

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
2 Assassin's Creeds and The Crew on the 11th

Far Cry 4 and Watch Dogs WiiU on the 18th

Christ Ubisoft, space them out..

Might I also add that theres alot of hints dropping that smash WiiU will come out in november aswell

Glass Joe

Going price for every version on amazon RIGHT NOW is $40. Surely to keep it fair and competitive, they'll price it accordingly for Wii U, which will be 6 months late. Right? RIGHT??? lol.

Banned
Woo! Finally get to play this lol

I'd uhh....I'd calm down and not get my hopes up to much if I were you.

My biggest gripe with the game is the poor UI, inventory management and constant notifications and popups coming on the screen. If Ubisoft was smart they'd put all that on the gamepad and leave the TV with a minimal HUD. But I highly doubt they'd do that. This will most likely be a vanilla port with no DLC.

Effect

Might I also add that theres alot of hints dropping that smash WiiU will come out in november aswell

I have no doubts that Smash Wii U, at least in North America and maybe Europe drops in November ahead of Black Friday. Same with the Amiibos. Since Japan got the 3DS version first I expect the reverse since the console version should sell more outside of Japan and NoA will want to get the most out of the holiday sales.

prag16

Banned
Going price for every version on amazon RIGHT NOW is $40. Surely to keep it fair and competitive, they'll price it accordingly for Wii U, which will be 6 months late. Right? RIGHT??? lol.
Ha.

I'm sure it's also too much to ask that they bundle in all the DLC.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

What do you consider competitive? There are zero versions of watch dogs out on wii u that the price would have to "match" to compete with

I'd uhh....I'd calm down and not get my hopes up to much if I were you.

My biggest gripe with the game is the poor UI, inventory management and constant notifications and popups coming on the screen. If Ubisoft was smart they'd put all that on the gamepad and leave the TV with a minimal HUD. But I highly doubt they'd do that. This will most likely be a vanilla port with no DLC.
Meh, I'm still excited to play it

Banned
I think I'll finally have a SKU to make myself feel better about Tearaway sales...

Yeah but, Tearaway was a good game that tried to be different. WD was a poor man's GTA with terrible scripting, characters, AI, and piss poor combat, all forming a complete package of hot garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom