• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_dogs: Wind, Water, light effects - [PS4 version confirmed]

Dennis

Banned
untitled_385_by_dennisk4-d7cq5at.gif

HTupolev

The_Windy_City_Chicago_Postcard_001_F.png

Seriously :/?
To be fair, for a picture titled "the windy city", that's some exceptionally calm-looking water.

Lighting is fantastic, but everything is flat and textures are lacking.
Combine that with the jaggies and the game just is not a looker.
Lol, image quality has been the source of lots of ISS's most enthusiastic praise. It's not perfect by any means, but for what the game is doing it's quite impressive. And SMAA T2x is proving itself as a solid option for eighth-gen games; from the ISS screenshots I've seen, it's sharp, the temporal supersampling does a reasonably good job of making the image more stable with relatively few artifacts, and the post-process does a pretty good job of cleaning up much of the remaining blatant stairstepping.

Coverage isn't perfect, but the results are seriously not bad.

They're not low resolution, though.

Which open world games look better on any platform?

There are tons.

Batman for instance. Any of them look better.
13522562754_ccc58bf1a5_o.jpg

13522562794_a6781967a0_o.jpg

Also GTA 4 on pc absolutely does look better.

12974342833_8545ede152_o.jpg

Look at how good those textures are.

A 2008 game with some free mods.

dex3108

I already can see that there will be massive sh*tstorm IF Watch_Dogs gets higher score on/in some pages/magazines than Infamous SS.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
There are tons.

You're delusional. The Arkham games? Really? That's just being silly.

Those Gta textures look no better than infamous. Seriously. You're just making shit up now.

Not even close.

Very well you can remain delusional if you choose but we digress.

This thread is about the new Impressive PC watchdogs video and how much nicer it looks than the console versions.

Anyone else glad they finally opened up about the pc version ?

maneil99

There are tons.

Arkhams filled with flat low res textures and bad lighting. Gta looks inconsistent and flat. Lightings bad aswell. Shiny =! Good.

This thread is about the new Impressive PC watchdogs video and how much nicer it looks than the console versions.

Who's we? I'm pretty sure you're on a one man crusade, dude.

I want to see cockpit view.

So how much nicer does it look exactly? Can you tell me all the exact differences from the PS4 version.
So that we can actually compare when the game comes out. I'll bookmark.

But i get the feeling you're just in these threads to have some fun.

maneil99

Theres nothing in that video thats pc exclusive....

Dabanton

The games lighting still looks bland as hell. A real marked difference from the original reveal.

UBI is lucky nothing is really releasing around this to challenge it, so it will still sell well as it's open world.

NotUS

Every time I see new videos of WatchDogs, I feel like Ubisoft is intentionally downgrading image quality to provide image parity across next gen consoles and PC.

It doesn't look bad by any measure, but this is not pushing high end PC at all.

E3 2012 was running on a high end 2012 PC. A high end PC today should easily be able to re-produce the reveal image quality. Lighting, texture quality, environmental effects look to be set to medium.

I wonder what game they are playing at. This game already looks outdated.

There are tons.

Is this a joke??? Infamous SS shits all over those. The textures dont even compare. Also the IQ of infamous is one of the best aspects of the game technically. Most advanced AA technique implemented on a console thus far.

OtaQ

Neo Member
Ok guys, I have to say some things to bring clarity to this topic!

First of all, the gameplay IS NOT PC, it is PS4. This is no rumor or my opinion, I absolutely know it for sure!

Secondly, it looks quite good for PS4 Footage :)

You can absolutely trust me about it. Since I´m the game journalist they talk about in WatchDogs Q&A: http://youtu.be/26Z5B8-pOS8?t=26m37s

Also, we should speak more about the gameplay, which is the most imporant part and really "next-gen-gameplay"!
All the talks about Watch Dogs graphics are just complete bullshit, because it´s always like:

"Booooh, PS4-gameplay looks worse than high-end-PC gameplay!!!"

...oooh, what a suprise it is :p

I played the PS4-version for over 4,5 hours now and I can tell you, it´s very nice, the graphics are good and the gameplay is awesome.
I´m absolutely sure the PC Watchdogs will look terrific and really better than the E3 2012 demo. So let´s talk more about the gameplay and wait for the new official PC-gameplay!

fasTRapid

Banned
First of all, the gameplay IS NOT PC, it is PS4. This is no rumor or my opinion, I absolutely know it for sure! You can absolutely trust me about it.
interesting, yet the devs themselves said this was PC. It's right there in the article, so why would they lie about that?

Ok guys, I have to say some things to bring clarity to this topic!

First of all, the gameplay IS NOT PC, it is PS4. This is no rumor or my opinion, I absolutely know it for sure!

Secondly, it looks quite good for PS4 Footage :)

You can absolutely trust me about it. Since I´m the game journalist they talk about in WatchDogs Q&A: http://youtu.be/26Z5B8-pOS8?t=26m37s

Also, we should speak more about the gameplay, which is the most imporant part and really "next-gen-gameplay"!
All the talks about Watch Dogs graphics are just complete bullshit, because it´s always like:

"Booooh, PS4-gameplay looks worse than high-end-PC gameplay!!!"

...oooh, what a suprise it is :p

I played the PS4-version for over 4,5 hours now and I can tell you, it´s very nice, the graphics are good and the gameplay is awesome.
I´m absolutely sure the PC Watchdogs will look terrific and really better than the E3 2012 demo. So let´s talk more about the gameplay and wait for the new official PC-gameplay!
Haha, thanx.

OtaQ

Neo Member
interesting, yet the devs themselves said this was PC. It's right there in the article, so why would they lie about that?

Sorry dude, there are reasons why you can´t find it in the article anymore... it was more a communication problem. You can expect to see a new video as soon as possible!

R_Deckard

And....it already started, the "oh boy this game looks awesome now! " all of a sudden.

Gaf is funny.

The video is Exclusive Tech NOT exclusive PC tech, this will all be present and correct in the PS4 version, for all we know from the poor vid quality this was running on a PS4 it all looks the same to me.

Found this on my daily Watch_Dogs tweetering search...

"Direct from the developers from Montreal, we have received exclusive 1080p scenes from the PC version of the watchdog. The clips show what provides the engine of Ubisoft in lighting effects, tessellation and wind simulation"

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Watch...lusives-Technik-Video-zur-PC-Version-1115771/

IN MY VEINS NOW.... Gat Damn...

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsCt8Yf2emo

Lol, are these features exclusive to pc, or is it just an exclusive video for pcgameshardware.de? Can't believe the NPC's wouldn't wear rain clothes when it is raining on console versions etc.

OtaQ

Neo Member
Lol, are these features exclusive to pc, or is it just an exclusive video for pcgameshardware.de? Can't believe the NPC's wouldn't wear rain clothes when it is raining on console versions etc.

Read what I wrote. It´s PS4-Gameplay and the NPCs wear rain clothes when it´s raining on console versions as well.

sjay1994

The hell are rain clothes? Do people wear certain types of clothes when its raining?

Or are you talking about their clothes being wet?

Top Bottom