• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watchdogs legion is 4k native in most day scenes, drops to 1440p at night.

Proelite

Source:

Stay tuned on more updates on this evolving story.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Anyone else wish they never joined gaming forums? I can't stop now, it's an addiction and so is watching DF. Would I care or even notice the downgrade at night if I didn't know it was there? It reminds me of when I had to tell my brother that the Xbox One S wasn't outputting 4k in games. What did I do besides make him regret his purchase? He couldn't even tell on a 70" screen. Ignorance was bliss until nerdy bro came over.

Last edited:
That sounds kind of strange. If this is legitimate, I’m guessing because maybe more effects are being implemented at night or something?

Redefine07

Wtf is wrong with this game looks so nasty and idiot at the same time , hope they fail with this one so we won't see Wash Dogs anymore screw them , focus on that Price of Persia game better or reboot the game in a good way.

GymWolf

If i learned something from rdr2 on pc during the last days is that lights and shadows become far heavier to render at night, not surprised about the difference, night is a bitch.

BigLee74

Do really need another thread?

If so, can I expect another one to be created when we notice its mainly 1800p early evening, you know, between tea time and supper?

Zuzu

I read that this game has ray tracing on the Series X version, so it's no wonder it's running around 1440p. There's no way it could do that at 4k.

sinnergy

I read that this game has ray tracing on the Series X version, so it's no wonder it's running around 1440p. There's no way it could do that at 4k.
Remember when we thought these consoles had no ray tracing , after that only 1080p, now we are at 1440p with RT. Nothing to sneeze about .

Zuzu

Remember when we thought these consoles had no ray tracing , after that only 1080p, now we are at 1440p with RT. Nothing to sneeze about .

Yes, I definitely agree, I didn't mean to come across as dismissive if I did. I'm very impressed that it's running at 1440p with RT. We should all be very satisfied with that performance.

Top Bottom