• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wayforward OFFICIALLY Announces & Reveals "Cat Girl Without Salad: Amuse-Bouche"!

HUELEN10

catgirly3ubs.png
It looks awesome, here's a vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU96S1E3Pbg

Again, this is EXCLUSIVE to Humble Monthly Subscribers!

And just for fun, here is teaser art and a shot from a while back.

jfx0KNp.png

3TwSucq.jpg

As it is described as a first taste, we should be seeing more of Kebako in the future.

Finally, here are screens I took!

HUELEN10

Wow, there's a lot of hate for this. Did you not see the silliness in the vid? It's a bit of everything with the newly-refines art style that we've seen in the introduction of the iOS LIT remake.

OmegaFax

"Oh gawd" ... first thing I said to myself. I hope it's one of those things they let employees do in their free time. Not saying it couldn't be entertaining but the anime parody humor is wearing thin on me.

Schnozberry

Amuse-Bouche in the title seems to indicate that this is a mini-game collection of some kind? I honestly have no idea what I just watched.

Tizoc

Wow, there's a lot of hate for this. Did you not see the silliness in the vid? It's a bit of everything with the newly-refines art style that we've seen in the introduction of the iOS LIT remake.
I will try it out later tonight if i have the time

Looks pretty fucking rough, and while the humor in both its presentation and dialogue is obvious, it really falls flat for me. Gameplay looks plodding and I'm afraid it'll grow dull within the first time playing.

I like Wayforward's work, but I think it's pretty obvious why it's tied to humble bundle and not being sold on its own. Nice to see a realization of the joke, but it's not something they could reasonably sell, I don't think-- I clearly haven't played it though, so let's hope its looks are deceiving.

Edit: also mildly annoyed at it missing the decent pixel art from the joke picture. Reminds me of some old edutainment/flash shit, sadly. Probably way cheaper to do it this way though.

Is this Frog Fractions 2
I know this is a meme at this point but the whole point of FF is that it wasn't in your face with its true nature. For all intents and purposes in its presentation it is a game about doing fractions with frogs and bugs

People see CRAZY CATS AND 420 ICE CREAM BALLOONS 20XX JUNGLE GYM and say "whoa, definitely Frog Fractions 2"

This just looks like a weird game, which I kinda dig. Especially if it's free for subscribers (I'm not a sub though so whatever)

duckroll

Looks stupid as hell. Memes - check. Multi-genre gimmick - check. Flash-looking artwork - check. Zzzzzz. Glad I didn't waste time on the Humble Monthly shit. Knew it was iffy when they made a new game and had zero marketing for it.

HUELEN10

OMG, I just booted it up. Title Screen in says in spanish "The male cat-girl doesn't have the salad". This is gonna be good.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Did they pick up some artists from Arkedo? That's pretty cool.

Game looks pretty butt though.

CNCOMICS

It reminds me of when a cartoon has a character playing one of those "strange" Japanese games. As long as they polish it up some more, I wouldn't mind playing it.

Looks stupid as hell. Memes - check. Multi-genre gimmick - check. Flash-looking artwork - check. Zzzzzz. Glad I didn't waste time on the Humble Monthly shit. Knew it was iffy when they made a new game and had zero marketing for it.

It's telling how this had less marketing than most Humble Originals. At least they usually get a gameplay trailer a week before the bundle goes live.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Looks like... what you expect from the description, just wish it still had the pixel art.

Got my first I Humble Bundle ever for it, so will give it a go eventually.

PSqueak

Banned
OMG, I just booted it up. Title Screen in says in spanish "The male cat-girl doesn't have the salad". This is gonna be good.

Eh, well...

Does it say "Chica gato"? because that's, ahem, technically the correct way to say Cat Girl in spanish, you see when it comes to generic nouns for animals, spanish is weird as fuck, a "cat" in generic is always referred to as male (gato), for contrast, a squirrel (ardilla) in generic is always female (so if you see a male squirrel in the park, you still speak of it as a female if you say "a squirrel" or "the squirrel"), in this case (cat girl, that is, "chica gato") the word cat is an adjective, and the noun is the word "girl" so basically it's saying it's a girl with cat features, it just happens to use a word that is gendered male by default.

This shit is what happens where every single thing is gendered on your language.

HUELEN10

This game is an absolute gem. This is exactly the type of game I would make if I ever made a shmup-ish game. Trying to upload images but, they are too big.

HUELEN10

Eh, well...

Does it say "Chica gato"? because that's, ahem, technically the correct way to say Cat Girl in spanish, you see when it comes to generic nouns for animals, spanish is weird as fuck, a "cat" in generic is always referred to as male (gato), for contrast, a squirrel (ardilla) in generic is always female (so if you see a male squirrel in the park, you still speak of it as a female if you say "a squirrel" or "the squirrel"), in this case (cat girl, that is, "chica gato") the word cat is an adjective, and the noun is the word "girl" so basically it's saying it's a girl with cat features, it just happens to use a word that is gendered male by default.

This shit is what happens where every single thing is gendered on your language.

No, it says "El gato nina no tine la ensalada". Should be La gata.

Top Bottom