• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Exypher

2evepv9.jpg

Why is she grabbing onto the bag straps with her non-gloved hand.

For that matter, why aren't both her hands gloved? With some high-friction material, of course.

AniHawk

Pureauthor said:
Why is she grabbing onto the bag straps with her non-gloved hand.

For that matter, why aren't both her hands gloved? With some high-friction material, of course.

Maybe she lost it somewhere. That's what the second game could be about.

AniHawk

God damn. So many good entries. Rez>You, yours is what I thought people would be doing with this one. Just solid colors on white (which looks real nice). Painey, holy fuck. Seriously, that's my favorite so far.

Haunted

woah

Thread returns to greatness with Mirror's Edge.

Good job, gentlemen.

AniHawk said:
It actually gives me an idea... but did you base it off the elevator scrolling-text thing?
Word for word, actually. Just came by that scene yesterday that's why I remember.

edit: beaten by the man himself :p

hitoshi

Red Scarlet said:
edit: I have no design ability, but I was hoping/waiting for someone to make a P4 ad ripping off the Poltergeist movie poster, with "They're Heeeeeeeeeeere" and all that, and a picture of Teddie inside the tv or something. Oh well.

persona4poltergeistty8.jpg

I just discovered this thread, and it is now my favorite thread in all of NeoGAF. Just wanted to know... what software are you guys using? I am guessing this is way above MS-Paint capabilities... right? I am currently trying to learn Photoshop from Web Turorial videos, but cant yet make anything worth putting on here, but would eventually like to get comfortable enough with the software to make something like this.

So... are you guys using some high powered software, or can this be done in Photoshop? :D

MNC

Rez>You said:
I just finished my first contribution to this thread. Hey, it's nothing special, but I'm proud of it:

mirrorsedge8.jpg
I really like this one, but I'd also like to see it cleaned up more, as in the colors of the buildings really connecting :3

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
iamcool388 said:
I just discovered this thread, and it is now my favorite thread in all of NeoGAF. Just wanted to know... what software are you guys using? I am guessing this is way above MS-Paint capabilities... right? I am currently trying to learn Photoshop from Web Turorial videos, but cant yet make anything worth putting on here, but would eventually like to get comfortable enough with the software to make something like this.

So... are you guys using some high powered software, or can this be done in Photoshop? :D
Photoshop. Keep practicing. Find some fimple signature tutorials. That's probably a good start. And just fool around in the program. Try to find out what everything is.

Teetris said:
Photoshop. Keep practicing. Find some fimple signature tutorials. That's probably a good start. And just fool around in the program. Try to find out what everything is.

Thanks buddy... I'm at the basic stage, so mostly just playing around a LOT with layers and the simpler tools... Hopefully i'll get more and more comfortable with the tools and then will graduate to the more complicated stuff.

I'll watch the signature tutorials... just looked at a description, it explains brushes, renders, lighting etc... Brilliant! :D

Mik2121

iamcool388 said:

Err... Pohotoshop IS a high powered software. In fact, one of the most high powered software out there, and the fact that a lot of people around here owns it is quite... suspicious, if you know what I mean ;) ;) ;) ;)

:p

Mik2121 said:
Err... Pohotoshop IS a high powered software. In fact, one of the most high powered software out there, and the fact that a lot of people around here own HAVE it is quite... suspicious, if you know what I mean ;) ;) ;) ;)

:p

Fixed. Shouldnt be so suspicious now ;-)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MNC said:
I really like this one, but I'd also like to see it cleaned up more, as in the colors of the buildings really connecting :3
It's my first piece of anything that even resembles a form of digital art in a long, long time. I think of it as more of a proof of concept. :lol

If anyone wants to do something similar, or build of the concept, feel free. I'd love to see it.

Thanks, though. :)

Stole the official logo stuff at the bottom from painey, and wanted to make some better arrows than these simple ones... Didn't want to use a lot of time on it though.
ME.jpg

TheGOHN

iamcool388 said:

I'm using Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 ultimate.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
robotnjik said:

Damn nice picture except her face looks kinda weird for some reason. And is there some text at the bottom of her foot? Also, i love looking at this thread, very talented people in here. Keep up the excellent work.

drkOne

LRB1983 said:

Awesome artwork, would make me check what the game was about.

This thread is really one of the best on GAF, made me want to play P4 because of all the TV/Death related ads.

Top Bottom