• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We Happy Few - E3 2018 Gameplay Teaser.

Droxcy

What happened to this game? Did it not release or like have a half release to negative reviews? I remember seeing it a couple years back and it looked super interesting.

Ya I swear I recall this game already came out years ago.

I guess it was early access so they are going to brush that off as if it never was released?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I have more feelings about this game... in a word will be disappointing.

I think is the most useless Over-Hype Game that i see in my all life.

What a hell wrong with this game?

I dont understand the overrated hype about that game.

By the way... i absoluty love Contrast.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Ya I swear I recall this game already came out years ago.

I guess it was early access so they are going to brush that off as if it never was released?
Depends on how you define "released"

Was it the full game?
No.

Was it part of a game that was still in active development and they were charging people to play?
Yes.

Jeff D

Neo Member
Bought after that game demo at E3, sadly the game did not live upto that reveal.

Hope it's change for the better on release.

zeorhymer

I bought this on PC a year or so ago. When I played it, it was an ok survival simulator. There was less emphasis on building a house and more of getting food, water, weapons, etc. than anything. There's an over arching story which I thought was interesting, but kinda lost me because of the survival elements. I know they updated the game since I last played and I'm willing to give it another go.

WaterAstro

Yeah, I'm on the side of I thought this game was already out. As with most early access games, it's not exciting to see because people have been playing it in early access.

thelastword

Banned
This game got so much hype from MS's presser at E3 2016....Later on, I could have sworn this game released in some form, because there were reviews etc, but to little acclaim or fanfare, strange that.....

Anyway, apparently, the game plays a bit differently than what you saw at E3 2016, there are lots of bugs and glitches, framerate issues et al....Don't exepect the hype at E3 to transfer to glowing critical reception here. Though, they've had over a year to polish it and I think put it on other platforms, but maybe the devs are spreading themselves too thin...So I guess we'll see how it improves over the "early access release".....or whatever the kids call it these days ;)

TannerDemoz

I honestly don't mean to shoot Microsoft down here (although it's really easy too), but why is there such a consistent issue with games being released as 'buggy' or unfinished when under Microsoft? Is it timing issues? Are they just bad to work for?

EDIT: Thought this was an Xbox/PC title!

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Newish Story Trailer and gameplay vid. Game is looking way better than what is on early access. Starting to get re-hyped.

Aces&Eights

I don't know if I like this or not, lol. I think I do but it also looks pretty paint by numbers in terms of gameplay. The art direction is excellent, though.

Elenchus

Banned
Yeah, I'm on the side of I thought this game was already out. As with most early access games, it's not exciting to see because people have been playing it in early access.

No one has been playing THIS game because what was released did not include a single player campaign. Also, it’s being released on PS4 so you and the normal attack brigade can call off the full frontal. Jesus.

Last edited:

Redshirt

Banned
So, $79.99 for the full game. I'm interested, but I think I'll wait on a sale unless it's just blowing people away.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Please don’t give money to Gearbox / Randy Fucking Pitchford. Looks like this is half-baked at best.

Kagey K

Banned
Holy shit $80? LMAO

For that price I had rather grab DQ11 + VC4 on PC.

That's CAD for the Deluxe edition I believe. USD it's going to be 59.99 for Deluxe. Also MS is doing 15% off for preorders so the 79.99 CAD edition is 67.99 until launch.

Kagey K

Banned
Ok so my gf convinced me to buy it, as she really wanted to play it. I’m only about an hour in and I’ve said WTF multiple times already.

Seems like it’s gonna be a bit of a mind bender, and I’m not sure what I think about the crafting and resources so far.

Geki-D

Banned
Got the game and haven't had time to play it yet but reviews aren't looking all that great. Not too many reviews it would seem but right now it's at 65 on Metacritics. Wonder what actually made MS want to buy up this dev?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is this game taking alot from Lisa or is it just the name Joy?

Humdinger

Someone should just make the ot.

I know, we're falling down on the OTs. I think the bar established for OTs by old GAF was so high, people are reluctant to take on the role of OT creator.

p.s. I'd do a mediocre OT myself, but I figure it should be someone who is buying the game and following it. I'm just checking in for reviews and impressions.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gamingbolt.com/we-happy-few-xbox-one-x-runs-at-4k-ps4-pro-at-1080p-resolution

While the Xbox One X version of the game runs in 4K, the PS4 Pro version, sadly enough, only renders at a 1080p output. Meanwhile, the game targets a frame rate of 30 frames per second, though the developers claim they’re still working on updating the target FPS. In a statement to GamingBolt, a representative from Compulsion Games stated that “Xbox One X is in 4K. PS4 Pro is 1080. Target framerate is 30fps but we’re still working on the update to hit that target fps. Our framerate is not guided by resolution – for our game in particular, it’s purely a CPU concern on consoles.”

Geki-D

Banned
The devs would do best to stop supporting the game and hope everyone forgets about it. It has to be literally one of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of spending my hard earned cash on and playing.

Before playing the game but after looking as the Metacritics score I asked what could have made MS want to buy this dev. Now I think MS must have been going on a mad, blind buying spree to have bought up these bomba makers.

Top Bottom