• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We have a new Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance trailer

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
gotta be
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| NINJA RAIDEN

Dead at Capcom, dead at Tecmo... Platinum is like the only surviving home for the lonely orphaned genre that is non-stop stylish OTT action.

Need the demo injected into me. Immediately.

It's probably either been mentioned before (or else I'll receive a lot of flak for saying it), but...

This is one game that I think would be good with motion controls, at least as an option.

I'm not talking "waggle to attack", but for those "targeted slice" moments, when time slows down. Like an improved version of No More Heroes finishers. Especially if they're for more than just show and could affect gameplay.

I'm not great at making GIFs. But i thought this dodge looked cool.

untitled1k1jvn.gif

Swag.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
lol

No, you don't understand. I'm not talking about dumb. I mean dumb. Cringeworthy.

Did you not play the last two metal gear games? Hell I find it hard to even sit through MGS3 cut scenes again with The Boss

Granted they had better edited pre-release trailers that hid it ALOT better

After Peace Walker I really can't give a shit anymore even as a longtime fan of the franchise.

But I've always been more interested in this as a Platinum release than a Metal Gear title

Did you not play the last two metal gear games? Hell I find it hard to even sit through MGS3 cut scenes again with The Boss

I found those cutscenes to be delightful. I thought they did a great job with making her three dimensional as well as establishing her relationship with Naked Snake. I also thought most of the voice acting and dialogue were exceptional. If I'm alone in this, I'm proud to be.

It's impossible to take The Boss seriously once you realize she's the news reporter from Family Guy.

Also Sokolov..... comeswitheme.

chrono01

Nice! I just got an email from EBGames and apparently not only do we get the Gray Fox skin [which sounds to come with his Fox Blade, and from what I could infer, grants 1-hit kills or at the very least dismemberment] but also a bonus artbook.

Granted, it's only a 24-page artbook so it'll be pretty small, but even still, Yoji Shinkawa is Godly.

Amir0x

Banned
After DMC and NG3, I was really worried about character action games.

Thank god for platinum. Anarchy Reigns, Metal Gear, and Bayonetta 2.

Thank you based platinum.

Hey, how is Anarchy Reigns? It's pretty cheap at launch, so I was going back and forth on whether to get it or not...

Hey, how is Anarchy Reigns? It's pretty cheap at launch, so I was going back and forth on whether to get it or not...

You can probably still grab the demo from JPSN. I think it's a lot of fun. Especially if you like the idea of a 3D beat 'em up done right.

I wish there was a PC version.
Then it could be 60 FPS and nice graphics and not this washed out POS.
No offence guys, the game looks like the bees knees, but honestly, this console gen is getting old (yes I realize some games still look amazing, just not this one).

Nice! I just got an email from EBGames and apparently not only do we get the Gray Fox skin [which sounds to come with his Fox Blade, and from what I could infer, grants 1-hit kills or at the very least dismemberment] but also a bonus artbook.

Granted, it's only a 24-page artbook so it'll be pretty small, but even still, Yoji Shinkawa is Godly.

Yea, I saw that when I went to preorder yesterday. It's guaranteed right? Because I would hate to get screwed out of the artbook because I live in a fairly small town. I chose in-store pickup.

Skilletor

I'd check and see if the demo is up. It reminds me of Bayonetta with a truncated movelist and vs. mode. I hesitate to say simplified movelist, since there's so much to the game and pretty much every single button on the pad is used. There are tons of characters with movelists that absolutely reek of Platininum's style. It's a blast w/ friends, and there are tons of options to setup things for practice vs. bots.

No offence guys, the game looks like the bees knees, but honestly, this console gen is getting old (yes I realize some games still look amazing, just not this one).

It's a console. I have no alternative way to play the game, so I accept what we get.

When there is no other choice Gameplay > graphics. PC I can have both, consoles not so much with these multplat releases.

chrono01

Yea, I saw that when I went to preorder yesterday. It's guaranteed right? Because I would hate to get screwed out of the artbook because I live in a fairly small town. I chose in-store pickup.

It should be guaranteed, but of course, it does happen where Gamestop/EBGames don't get in the correct number or they give them away as gifts to those that didn't pre-order/keep for themselves. :(

In an ideal world, yes, everyone who pre-orders should get the artbook. But this isn't exactly an ideal world. :(

Amir0x

Banned
You can probably still grab the demo from JPSN. I think it's a lot of fun. Especially if you like the idea of a 3D beat 'em up done right.

I do like the idea, in fact. Alright I'll check out the demo, didn't realize there was one at all.

I think I still have my JPSN account linked to my PS3...

Skilletor said:
I'd check and see if the demo is up. It reminds me of Bayonetta with a truncated movelist and vs. mode. I hesitate to say simplified movelist, since there's so much to the game and pretty much every single button on the pad is used. There are tons of characters with movelists that absolutely reek of Platininum's style. It's a blast w/ friends, and there are tons of options to setup things for practice vs. bots.

Interesting. I doubt any of my friends would play this type of game irl, but is there an online co-op/vs. mode?

Amir0x

Banned
Online vs and coop (teams). Campaign is single player only, but there are tons of multiplayer modes to play.

Aw, classic beat em ups had great co-op in single player, kinda sad it's not there

anyway, I'll check it out. Sounds like it might be fun.

Is this before or after the skinny psychic bondage man tries to have your ally sexually assault you for shits and giggles? Or maybe around the time an inuit juggernaut wielding a Gatling gun can somehow make his raven face tattoo become an actual raven?

The only Metal Gear game that was grounded in any semblance of reality was the very first one. The series started its descent into the stupid as early as Metal Gear 2 where Snake had to avoid poisonous hamsters, fight an 80 year old man trying to strangle him by using remote controlled missile launchers, and fight NASA Ninjas.

Ah here we go reaching for the most extreme cases. I just said that it had comic book-y elements like villians with limited super powers but it wasn't over the top. Like movies like Avengers and Iron Man have super powers but there not silly about it. Thats how MGS 1 was then it became really weird.

It should be guaranteed, but of course, it does happen where Gamestop/EBGames don't get in the correct number or they give them away as gifts to those that didn't pre-order/keep for themselves. :(

In an ideal world, yes, everyone who pre-orders should get the artbook. But this isn't exactly an ideal world. :(
Thanks, preorders should be abundant imo because of the relatively under-the-radar status of this game to the general public.

Another question, not sure if you know though; will the game be shrink-wrapped? Because if it isn't I'm going to bitch at them about it until I get one that is.

geebee

Banned

Granted they had better edited pre-release trailers that hid it ALOT better

After Peace Walker I really can't give a shit anymore even as a longtime fan of the franchise.

But I've always been more interested in this as a Platinum release than a Metal Gear title
You and I are in the same boat. I cant take anything Kojima Productions puts out seriously anymore in terms of the story. I'm in this for the fast Platinum-style gameplay.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Fox Blade? Nani sore. If these are just reskins then boringggg. I want unique move sets dammit (._. )

I wonder if the foxblade will forgo the heel-fu sword play, or if it's just Raiden's moveset with 1-hit kills. Also I hope you unlock it after one playthrough (or you don't get ranks if you use it..).

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Fox Blade? Nani sore. If these are just reskins then boringggg. I want unique move sets dammit (._. )

Don't know about the Grey Fox skin, but the colored exoskeletons most certainly have gameplay changes.(Amazon red one allows you to carry more ammo)

People expecting new movesets are crazy though. Why would you want that kind of content locked away is preorder DLC anyways?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Don't know about the Grey Fox skin, but the colored exoskeletons most certainly have gameplay changes.(Amazon red one allows you to carry more ammo)

People expecting new movesets are crazy though. Why would you want that kind of content locked away is preorder DLC anyways?

Oh I didn't know about that.

And it's not like I want that to be solely for preorder DLC, just kind of getting bored with palette swaps in these games that do nothing (re: bayonetta, lollipop chainsaw)

Still hoping for MGS2 Raiden skin.
Clothed and non clothed versions.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
And it's not like I want that to be solely for preorder DLC, just kind of getting bored with palette swaps in these games that do nothing (re: bayonetta, lollipop chainsaw)

I feel you, but as DLC I don't really want anymore than this kind of stuff. I think locking Bayonetta a character behind a preorder wall was a really bad move for the US Anarchy release.

Wait for the full game I have a feeling you won't be disappointed with the amount of moves in the game between unlockable shop techniques and boss weapons.(of which we've barely seen anything of. That's where you'll see your moveset changes)

chrono01

Thanks, preorders should be abundant imo because of the relatively under-the-radar status of this game to the general public.

Another question, not sure if you know though; will the game be shrink-wrapped? Because if it isn't I'm going to bitch at them about it until I get one that is.

It absolutely should be. Your only chance of receiving a "gutted" copy should be if you purchase the game after launch, but if you pre-order, they should set your game aside as they come in so it shouldn't be opened. If it is, definitely complain. All pre-orders should be brand new/sealed, since they're technically already "purchased". But then, I feel that if you pay full price for a "new" game that it should always be sealed, but that's a whole different matter. >_<

It shouldn't be an issue, though, if you have it pre-ordered. >:)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Made a gif from the original Platinum announcement trailer.

ijZb70f9ZnsGc.gif

Is this before or after the skinny psychic bondage man tries to have your ally sexually assault you for shits and giggles? Or maybe around the time an inuit juggernaut wielding a Gatling gun can somehow make his raven face tattoo become an actual raven?

The only Metal Gear game that was grounded in any semblance of reality was the very first one. The series started its descent into the stupid as early as Metal Gear 2 where Snake had to avoid poisonous hamsters, fight an 80 year old man trying to strangle him by using remote controlled missile launchers, and fight NASA Ninjas.

Don't forget MG1 having you fight Terminators named "Arnold," or Metal Gear 2 having a puzzle where you find an owl egg and hatch it so that an owl hoots and tricks a guard into thinking it's nighttime so he'll leave his post.

joke post?

IT IS 60FPS

And it's youtube dude...

...Game looks vibrant as hell (to those of us who have the ZOE packaged demo)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget MG1 having you fight Terminators named "Arnold," or Metal Gear 2 having a puzzle where you find an owl egg and hatch it so that an owl hoots and tricks a guard into thinking it's nighttime so he'll leave his post.

Snake a resourceful mother fucker

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
That Fox Blade and artbook preorder is new. Will that automatically be included in my already made pre-order? Don't want to worry about gamestop messing with me.

Top Bottom