• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We need a Marvel Vs PlayStation game

KAL2006

Banned
With the flop that is Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite, and no sight of Marvel Vs game in Capcoms leak. I think Sony should take an opportunity to get rights on a Marvel fighting game. They already have a good relationship with Marvel with Spiderman, Miles Morales, Spiderman 2 and Wolverine. Sony has also bought Evo. And other than Nintendo, Sony is starting to have alot of IP that are well known. They failed with Allstars Battle Royale, but a traditional 2D fighter is something they haven't tried yet. They don't even have to limit themselves to first party IP, Vs PlayStation is broad, so any character that appeared on PlayStation such as Cloud etc.

Obviously they will need to work with a other developer, either Capcom or Arc System Works. But with Sony's budget they can add a great story mode, make sure the graphics and presentation are top notch.

Imagine we will have
Kratos Vs Thor
Ratchet and Clank Vs Rocket and Groot
Aloy Vs Hawkeye
Nathan Drake Vs Starlord
Jin Vs Wolverine
Fetch Vs Quicksilver

Edit
Another idea would be for Sony to get a hold of the Soul Calibur IP. We all know 6 flopped and the series is in danger to continue. If Sony teamed up with Namco and made Soul Calibur X PlayStation. And featured characters from Bloodborne, Demons Souls, God of War and etc. They can potentially make Soul Calibur more appealing to a broader market.

Last edited:
I mean they can make their own fighting game, with their own cast of characters. No need to try and poach other games, studios, devs, etc for something like that... Plus you don't wanna tarnish the SC or Marvel brand like that.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I would pay good money for this to never ever happen

Marvel vs the dullest video game motherfuckers to ever grace a tv screen

go from "I wanna take you for a ride" to "I wanna bore you out of your mind"
AdorableHandmadeIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif
fuck that!

Capcom vs Tatsunoko HD plz!

T0minator

That sounds like the lamest idea ever.
Lol there's plenty ideas more lame than this. The OPs idea doesnt sounds bad at all. Will it happen? Not at all. But PlayStation having a fighting game series needs to happen Sony knows there's a demand for a great fighting game series. Arch System Works getting bought by Sony .. Creating a flashy 2D fighting game with PlayStation IP would be awesome

Vognerful

Lol there's plenty ideas more lame than this. The OPs idea doesnt sounds bad at all. Will it happen? Not at all. But PlayStation having a fighting game series needs to happen Sony knows there's a demand for a great fighting game series. Arch System Works getting bought by Sony .. Creating a flashy 2D fighting game with PlayStation IP would be awesome
They tried it before, I actually bought the game.

it was shit.

Vognerful

Just to have better comment than my previous post, their character profile is not varied enough to warrant interest or that other than very few characters, the rest are not that famous.

I mean, look at Uncharted, TLOU & Days Gone. 3 Big games where their characters could be from the same game if you did not know better and would not have different play style.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’d encourage Sony get comfortable in fighting genre, those games tend to sell a lot.

KAL2006

Banned
Just to have better comment than my previous post, their character profile is not varied enough to warrant interest or that other than very few characters, the rest are not that famous.

I mean, look at Uncharted, TLOU & Days Gone. 3 Big games where their characters could be from the same game if you did not know better and would not have different play style.

Helghan with guns
Nathan Drake using his rope and gun
Kratos using his Axe
Ratchet and Clank using his gadgets

The movesets between the characters will be widely different. As for using other non popular characters Nintendo did that as well. Also I suggested Vs PlayStation in broad terms so that frees up Sony using 3rd party characters like Cloud, Snake and etc. Essential it will basically be Marvel Vs Videogame characters.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I've always thought a mashup of characters from different worlds/universes was a silly idea

I hope PS never makes a Smash like game again

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Sony Smash Bros 2 does need to happen.

But a Marvel cross over? Lmfao.

Marvel would NOT let you use any good characters and only want to shill MCU characters. I'm good.

Kevin Butler needs to be playable in Sony Smash Bros 2 btw.

T0minator

They tried it before, I actually bought the game.

it was shit.
Yea well PlayStation All-stars is from the PS3 era and that was awhile ago

They tried it and it didn't do well. But the character line up especially now would be great. They have enough variety more than even Nintendo. Nintendo has done a great job getting everyone from even just a few franchises...Sony could do the same.
Here comes the list:

Kratos
Atreus
Aloy
Spiderman
Venom
Astro
SackBoy
Jin
Wolverine
Parappa the Rappa
Ratchet and Clank